Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 10, 2018: Demand 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest Comic Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newfish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: August 10, 2018: Demand 11 Reply with quote

Mission Accomplished!

Seriously, he's speaking up and trying to help. That's nice.

Relatedly, I think it's interesting that between him and Slick, Squigley is the one getting something of a rehabilitation. Is it because Slick was the better character to get a mirror devil version, and therefore Squigley gets to try to help his friend? Or is because he was relatively unthinking to begin with, while Slick was at least trying to be devious and clever and manipulative?
Z6IIAB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think is the latter. But yeah, I guess the joke is that you don't really make a difference if you try to talk people out of doing shit while high lol
I've been a fan since 2007, and tried to enjoy the old forum since then too... can't say that went well. Now that we have a forum for radfems/people who actually enjoy the comic! Hell yes! I'll call up all my buddies here!! Armageddon is coming.
Rogue Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels more to me like most cases of men speaking up against patriarchy, all air and no substance. Sure, he said the words, but there was no force behind them and he didn't bother to stick around to have a real conversation or to make a real point.
Z6IIAB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, rogue kitty.
I've been a fan since 2007, and tried to enjoy the old forum since then too... can't say that went well. Now that we have a forum for radfems/people who actually enjoy the comic! Hell yes! I'll call up all my buddies here!! Armageddon is coming.
Newfish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue Kitty wrote:
It feels more to me like most cases of men speaking up against patriarchy, all air and no substance. Sure, he said the words, but there was no force behind them and he didn't bother to stick around to have a real conversation or to make a real point.

Yep. The problem is new to him, so he doesn't realize that people have tried that solution before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest Comic Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: