welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April Coloring Contest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Votes
Twister87 - Literary Dynamo
34%
 34%  [ 15 ]
What happena my handle
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Nemein - Fine Art Sinfest
56%
 56%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 44

%#&@

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Aprilcoloringpoll/crit Reply with quote

H_e_a_r_t wrote:
what happened to the entries? I didn't know the contest was coming xD
yah, I'd a pastel render but .. Neutral

Had to go with the Twister for a #1 vote - garish works in context there, even the purple satin sheets (+ that panel jumps in a dimensional way) and the colorline on the balloons works, too. Fleshtones are just right. Only real 'bother' is how the sky goes full up in panel 1 but the tree ..

What happena my handle? - lighten up the fleshtone some & Crim's glasses?
Nice job on Mr D

Even though everyone else likes Nemein's; the excess texture in the middle panels just takes away from it, the 1st panel suffers the 'dims' (unless it was meant to be viewed on a Mac, maybe) and I do like Squig's background as a + on the original (transparent balloons? . . that's a stretch, maybe Neutral )

Kibate wrote:
i was again kind of confused with the rules...

hoo "he"? hoo haha whim wham shamalamadingdong Wink
Secret

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aprilcoloringpoll/crit Reply with quote

%#&@ wrote:

Even though everyone else likes Nemein's; the excess texture in the middle panels just takes away from it

The appropriate texture for a painting on a stone wall and a fairly faithful reproduction of the Mona Lisa, respectively... How are those minuses? It adds much more than the original strip.
Bart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the final results are in, the winner of the month is Nemein with his version of "fine art sinfest". He got 14 votes, beating Twister (Literary Dynamo) with a 3 vote difference. In 3 place was Whathappenamyhandle (Stepping out)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: