welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4/13/07 - I Wish I Was Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: With a pinch of autism. Reply with quote

Try having ADHD and Bipolar disorder at the same time.
Darkman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neice has both. Yeah, its pretty bad.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drug cocktails aren't fun. I knew one girl who took caffeine for her ADHD instead of drugs. At least that wouldn't have interactions with bipolar meds (she wasn't bipolar. I am just musing). But dude, that doesn't sound fun.
Darkman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know exactly what they put her on but there was some stuff that made her tolerable. Unfortunately her mom decided that she didn't need the meds and wouldn't buy them for her. When she's off the meds she is self-destructive and volatile.
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kry wrote:
MsFrisby wrote:
Or maybe there's a language barrier and you're not understanding what she's trying to convey.

Okay. "DURR DURR IMMA SPANIARD DOESN'T KNOW TEH INTERNETS LANGUAGES LOL DICTIONAIRES".

Is that your point?

Nope. I was thinking that perhaps the way she phrased things didn't mesh well with the way you read things. Maybe I can just summarize what she said in the way that I understood her. Would that help?

fiona wrote:
bun bun wrote:
There are people who suffer from constant, clinical depression. I doubt that anyone who has posted so far in this thread has. If you can stop yourself from trying to commit suicide again and again and again and again, without the use of medication, you are NOT the kind of depressed that needs indulgence and medication and care.

Ahem. Bullshit. That is all.

Translation: People can be clinically depressed, stop themselves from committing (or even attempting) suicide and still need medication and perhaps therapy.

fiona wrote:
I don't know how you can possibly think that dysthymia is fun but I can promise you that mania isn't fun either.

Translation: Having a clinical diagnosis of bipolar (manic-depression), is not cool and/or fun.

fiona wrote:
bunbun wrote:
Like I said, it matters little to me whether or not someone I don't know is on medication. I consider it unwise, self-indulgent, and childish to be on anti-depressant medication if your depression is situational, but it's your business.
Once psychs can figure out how to seperate situation and "physical" depression, if there is a distiction, I'll agree with you. In the meantime, I'll continue to suggest that counseling should be the first resort and meds the last.

Translation: Situational depression can change body chemistry, stress from a bad situation can aggravate a physical origin of depression so it is difficult to sometimes distinguish between the two. People should seek out therapy first and only go on meds after they've been properly evaluated by the professionals.

Also, maybe you haven't been around long enough to hear fiona talk about her being bipolar herself, that her mother and her aunt have it as well, and her own struggles with finding out what was wrong and what medication fixes things.

*shrugs*

Like I said, miscommunication. I don't think you don't understand her because you primarily speak spanish, I think perhaps you aren't understanding her in part because of how she writes and in part because you are quick to negatively judge her in the first place no matter what she's actually saying.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: I don't take the meds for a different reason. Reply with quote

Darkman wrote:
I dont know exactly what they put her on but there was some stuff that made her tolerable. Unfortunately her mom decided that she didn't need the meds and wouldn't buy them for her. When she's off the meds she is self-destructive and volatile.

I'm curious, does she have constant headaches when off the meds?
Darkman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know i really dont know. I'll try to ask her the next time i see her but that could be a few months.
elendil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kry wrote:
The fact that her statements are ignorant and completely unacurate? Maybe it's not second-hand knowledge, which I used for inacurate bullshit, but plain stupidity. You're right. Maybe she's just plain stupid and ignorant. Thanks for opening my eyes on the issue.

If you're going to call someone stupid on a forum, it would be wise to make sure you spell your words correctly. Specifically accurate. Also, I believe the word is inaccurate, not unaccurate.
Addlcove

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<doublepost>

Last edited by Addlcove on Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Addlcove

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elendil wrote:
Kry wrote:
The fact that her statements are ignorant and completely unacurate? Maybe it's not second-hand knowledge, which I used for inacurate bullshit, but plain stupidity. You're right. Maybe she's just plain stupid and ignorant. Thanks for opening my eyes on the issue.

If you're going to call someone stupid on a forum, it would be wise to make sure you spell your words correctly. Specifically accurate. Also, I believe the word is inaccurate, not unaccurate.

I would like to see your spanish being spelled and structured grammaticly correct.

Fuck off if that's the only argument you can come up with.
bun bun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elendil wrote:
Kry wrote:

As Addlcove said, do your research into who is a native English speaker and who is not. We rip on Kry all the time, but that's cause he foams at the mouth in an amusing way.

A moins que tu pourrais parler un autre langue parfaitment, tu as rien a dire. Va te faire foutre, couchon.
PinkSpider43

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is slightly amusing, since Kry rips at other people's spelling and grammar all the time.

But it's more funny when Kry does that to other people, since he IS from another country and generally has better spelling and grammar than us english speakers.

Furthermore it doesn't really prove he's stupid, and it's certainly not a good counter-argument.

Bun: Yay, French!

Je parle francais... mais, ne parle pas pour.... six ans
Je peux dire:
Je suis une pomme de terre.

Confused foreign language is NOT like riding a bicycle.
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:

A moins que tu pourrais parler un autre langue parfaitment, tu as rien a dire. Va te faire foutre, couchon.

(I don't speak french and am not using a translator.)

If you want to speak a foreign language perfectly, you have to go there? And then something about being an ass.

Also, pomme de terre? Piece of shit?
PinkSpider43

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahahaha!!

Apple of the earth

or potato.

I used to say it all the time in high school, it's the only thing I can still consistently remember without having to think about it.

Realizing that just now makes me sad Confused
PinkSpider43

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also: Thank GOD I translated what Bun Bun said correctly. Very Happy

Last edited by PinkSpider43 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: