Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4/13/07 - I Wish I Was Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bun bun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsFrisby wrote:
bun bun wrote:

A moins que tu pourrais parler un autre langue parfaitment, tu as rien a dire. Va te faire foutre, couchon.

(I don't speak french and am not using a translator.)

If you want to speak a foreign language perfectly, you have to go there? And then something about being an ass.

Also, pomme de terre? Piece of shit?

"Unless you can speak another language perfectly, you have nothing to say. Fuck off, pig."

pomme de terre Arrow apple of the earth Arrow potato
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you! I understood "apple of the earth" but I immediately thought of horse manure. "Horse apples."
Darkman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you want about linguistics bun but leave the potatoes out of this. They never did anything to you Crying or Very sad
PinkSpider43

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Je suis une pomme de terre = I'm a potato.

I was just being silly, and showing off my (albiet poor) French speaking skills.

leave Bun Bun out of this. Unless she wants in. I know better than to think she needs defending.

Last edited by PinkSpider43 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
bun bun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsFrisby wrote:
thank you!

You're welcome. Embarassed

MsFrisby wrote:
I understood "apple of the earth" but I immediately thought of horse manure. "Horse apples."

Tu es une pomme de terre, les pommes d'un cheval, vraiment MERDE.

I like it. I'm going to start calling people potatoes.
PinkSpider43

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to stop calling myself a potato, I think.

pommes d'un cheval is a pretty inventive insult, though.
Darkman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sick people have no respect for the noble potato... Sad
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
cletusowns wrote:
Stopping yourself from going all the way just means you're not only depressed but you're a pussy as well. .... People constantly contemplating suicide should be on meds.
You are an idiot.

Brain.Damage wrote:
I think the coolest form of depression would either be Manic (bipolar) or possibly Dysthymia.
You are also an idiot. I don't know how you can possibly think that dysthymia is fun but I can promise you that mania isn't fun either.

Damn america and their reliance on pills to make them happy.

Cry me a river because I made a joke.
Gonz'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsFrisby wrote:
bun bun wrote:

A moins que tu pourrais parler un autre langue parfaitment, tu as rien a dire. Va te faire foutre, couchon.

If you want to speak a foreign language perfectly, you have to go there? And then something about being an ass.

This sentence is not french... In french we say "A moins que tu puisses parler une autre langue parfaitement tu n'as rien a dire. Va te faire foutre cochon !" (transl. Unless you can speak another language perfectly you have nothing to say. Go to hell pig)

Also we don't use "cochon" as we could use "pig" in English. "Salope" would be more appropriate.

Oh, and speaking another language has nothing to do with intelligence, where did that come from !? It's more like a logisitic matter.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsFrisby wrote:
translates my stuff

Thanks. I was trying to use the terminology originally put forth and there must have been a crossed wire somewhere. <3s.
bun bun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonz' wrote:
MsFrisby wrote:
bun bun wrote:

This sentence is not french... In french we say "A moins que tu puisses parler une autre langue parfaitement tu n'as rien a dire. Va te faire foutre cochon !" (transl. Unless you can speak another language perfectly you have nothing to say. Go to hell pig)

Also we don't use "cochon" as we could use "pig" in English. "Salope" would be more appropriate.

Oh, and speaking another language has nothing to do with intelligence, where did that come from !? It's more like a logisitic matter.

It is French, just really bad French.

1. I'm totally and completely embarrassed that I forgot the "ne". What the hell.

2. Also, duh, langue is feminine. What the hell.

3. Hm, you use the subjunctive for pouvoir there? Why not the conditional?Back to the textbook Sad [Edit: Just remembered... is it because after "a moins que" you are obligated to always use the subjunctive?]

4. Lol, okay, "salope" it is.

Anyway, my whole point was exactly that: your capability in another language has nothing to do with your intelligence. (Going by my obvious capability at writing French, I'm a retard. I don't think that I'm actually a retard.) Even if it did, however, he'd have to be able to speak another language perfectly to lord it over Kry.

P.S. Would you mind correcting my translation of the extract from Histoire de l'oeil? I'm absolutely positive I fucked up the second sentence, at least.
Gonz'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, where can I find that ? translating stuff from english or japanese to french is what I get paid for, so mise as well do some overtime on the n3tz0r.
bun bun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonz' wrote:
Sure, where can I find that ? translating stuff from english or japanese to french is what I get paid for, so mise as well do some overtime on the n3tz0r.

It's in the General Discussion section, in the Sinfest Academic Review thread. I think it's the last post.
Kry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elendil wrote:
Kry wrote:
The fact that her statements are ignorant and completely unacurate? Maybe it's not second-hand knowledge, which I used for inacurate bullshit, but plain stupidity. You're right. Maybe she's just plain stupid and ignorant. Thanks for opening my eyes on the issue.

If you're going to call someone stupid on a forum, it would be wise to make sure you spell your words correctly. Specifically accurate. Also, I believe the word is inaccurate, not unaccurate.

I was going to say something, but everyone did already, so let me try a sentence I can spell accurately:

Die in a fire.

Thanks.
Twister87

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qu'est-ce que tu va fait pendant le week-end?

That's about the only full sentence I remember in french. Razz

Edited for grammar.

Last edited by Twister87 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: