welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Meow for Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neo.Shroom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call. But I still think the Brits secretly dine on cats.
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry to hear that your cat is ill. Did it make it?
Bart

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read some worse spam,
hope your cat gets better.
Marik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: assuming this wasn't all bullshit Reply with quote

Um, hey, pets are pets. Tragedy, woe. If you really needed money, you shouldn't have tried an internet forum over a fast cash place. You can get micro-loans (like, $500 at least) from quickie-cash places.

FANTASTICEDIT

Jason Yungbluth started trolling other people's forums to promote his webcomic and would not stop no matter how many people he annoyed.

self-promotion on achewood uo forum

self-promotion on halfpixel

self-promotion on blank label[/size]

This is an example of a forum where Jason Yungbluth went trolling to spam self-promotional links.

Sequential Tart: All right ... so what is Deep Fried??

Jason Yungbluth: Deep Fried is a Schedule I humor comic targeted at deviant misanthropes. Al Qaeda has a subscription.

Deep Fried's cast, some of whom interact and some of whom have their own arcs, deal primarily with slapping a grin on abnormality. Beepo the clown is sexually maladjusted, while Roadkill, his companion, is a slap-happy spree killer. Clarissa is an abused child living in a world of enforced happiness. Even Weapon Brown, which parodies the comic strip Peanuts, comments on social anxiety through its opposite, renegade brutality.

Aside from those themes, Deep Fried is at turns bizarre, recklessly mean-spirited and unexpectedly sentimental.

ST: Where did the idea for Deep Fried come from?

JY: Jason Yungbluth Deep Fried begins with Roadkill, a character I've had since adolescence who could best be described as a tumor growing off of my juvenile love affair with Garfield. In college, I paired him up with Beepo for a strip in the University of Buffalo's student paper, and they became the stars of Deep Fried with the launch of the comic in 2000.

ST: I hear you're so confident that people will love your work that, like crack, you're willing to give the first hit away for free. Can you tell us more?

Deep Fried

JY: The first volume of Deep Fried, issues 1-4, is collected in a 128-page trade called The Great Taste of Deep Fried, and for a limited time I am offering a free copy to daring pilgrims. You can order it by going to http://www.whatisdeepfried.com.

I started the latest volume of Deep Fried last year (I'm on volume 2, #2, with another edition arriving in autumn). Deep Fried is jam-packed with a wholesome appreciation for [url=Jason YungbluthJason Yungbluth Deep Friedcriminality and the hilarity of all things unpleasant.

ST: What got you started in commentary-style comics?

JY: After 9/11, I spun off a weekly strip from the comic book, starring many of the same characters and debuting lots of new ones. The fact that America's self-delusion was about to hit epic levels was instantly obvious, and I had to be there to be there to take the snapshots.

I love President Bush. We so truly deserve him. To think that there are those who believe he concocted 9/11! In fact, without that glorious day we'd still be utterly oblivious to just what kind of creatures we have sold our government to.

ST: Do you prefer comic book-style or comic strip-style pacing?

JY: I've vacillated. My weekly one-offs have inspired some pretty dynamic writing from me, since a one-page strip requires that a lot of creativity be compressed into a small story-space. It has forced me to come up with lots of new voices to address the multitude of topics I've tackled. Philip McDisney, Chad and Chad, Rags the Flag all of them have grown from the strip. That said, I think my strength is still in extended stories, where I create life instead of encapsulating a commentary on it.

ST: What other publications have your pieces appeared in?

JY: I've writtenJason Yungbluth for DC Comics, a short piece for the Bizarro World hardcover titled "It's not Easy Being Green" about Green Lantern spiraling into madness over the color yellow. I'm nursing along an Ambush Bug project at DC too. I've appeared frequently over the last year in Mad magazine, both strips and features. Deep Fried has been in the Kansas City Star, the Buffalo Beast, the Rochester Insider and the Duluth Reader Weekly. I've done strips for STARLOG and a few tabloids and other magazines. In 2003, I was featured in Attitude 2: The New Subversive Alternative Cartoonists, edited by Ted Rall. I am the only cartoonist with exposed genitals. That should not be counted as a selling point.

ST: What do you enjoy most about comics and comic strips?

JY: All the marshmallow Jason Yungbluth leprechauns jumping out of my nose and singing, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida." Wait ... that's the other thing. Where I choke myself.

ST: What's out there right now that you also think our readers should be reading?

JY: Well, definitely pick up the t Jason Yungbluth rades of Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol and The Invisibles. Their time has definitely come again. All Star Superman is also superb. Dawn, fo' shizzle. Read Achewood online, now. Stop reading PVP for chrissakes. Clerks II ended the era Jason Yungbluth of geek irony.

ST: What's a typical "day at the office" like for you?

JY: Get up about 8:00. One hour of news gluttony Crooks and Liars, Media Matters, This Modern World then decision time: A) work on my current project or B) Wii bowling. If A, sit for 15 minutes before resorting to B. Work on my hook then back to the drawing board. Fifteen minutes more, then snack. Eat snack, pac Jason Yungbluth e apartment reliving old arguments, wishing my enemies would die and contemplating God. Return to drawing table. Decide: music or NPR in background? If music: Interpol, Ladytron or Negativland. If NPR, listen for 15 minutes before pacing again, then either a slice of peanut butter bread or a round of one-man Afternoon Delight. Repeat entire process eight times per day. Die lonely.

ST: What other comics are you working on that we have to look forward to?

JY: Weapon Brown: Blockhead's War is my big project this year. It will be a limited series that will continue the story of Weapon Brown, my Charlie Brown spoof, this time mocking a Jason Yungbluth ll the inhabitants of the comics page in post-apocalyptic fashion. I will be shopping this around to publishers at least by the time of the San Diego Comic-Con and perhaps sooner. Next on my plate is The Boogie Bunneez: adorable dancing rabbits with a slight naughty side meant for the Owly set. Lastly, the next installment of Deep Fried, either as a new issue or as part a trade collecting my most recent run.

I will continue to appear in Mad and other outlets, and whatisdeepfried.com is updated all the time with fresh comics and bloggery. Won't you please join me in my sticky little world?[/size]

Indy comic fans need not have fear. Despite rumors to the contrary, Jason Yungbluth will indeed be attending Wizard World Chicago, and will not blanche from selling his Jason Yungbluth highly disturbing comic books from his table in Artist Alley.

Following controversial remarks Jason made at Wizard Philly on the panel he sat on, "Controversial Comics in Conservative America", rumors swirled that he would avoid attending Chicago for fear of upsetting certain attendees. Jason has dismissed those rumors.

"I still plan to attend Chica Jason Yungbluth go as long as I can get my new comics printed, and those who have said they are aggrieved by this can go screw."

Jason has indeed managed to get new copies of Deep Fried and Weapon Brown printed, and will be selling them from his table in Artist Alley.

More information can be found at Jason Yungbluth's website, Whatisdeepfried.com. Deep Fried

--------------------
WEAPON BROWN: Charlie Brown Meets the Apocalypse.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2005 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
necrotechno
Member # 13446

Icon 1 posted 06-23-2008 06:40 PM Profile for necrotechno Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Wow, you and the Arsenic Lullabies guy in the same room at the same time? I'm surprised the building didn't collapse. Posts: 890 | Registered: Dec 2003 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisW
Member # 2060

Icon 1 posted 06-24-2008 03:10 AM Profile for ChrisW Email ChrisW Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote If you couldn't attend SPACE where legions of dedicated fans violently raged across several city blocks, what the hell is the point of them going to Chicago? They'll just be ignored there.

Face it, you're a tease. Beppo and Roadkill have none of the playful-yet-heartwarming insouciance of Javert and Jean Valjean. Clarissa? Pfah, I can get more politically-correct emotional instruction from an Afterschool Special starring Helen Hunt. As far as faceless trademarks selling death to unsuspecting citizens, Jason Yungbluth Phillip McDisney is a bland and blatant rip-off of Max Headroom, Ronald McDonald, and Rosie O'Donnell. Slamwich is a living example of everything wrong with superheroes in the last 23 years. And Weapon Brown...

Well, ok, Weapon Brown deserves our attention and respect. But no more.

You got that? No more!!!

--------------------
Some people prefer other blogs, I myself care less for them.

"I think ChrisW is the funniest man in entertainment still alive..."
-- the perceptive Tom Spurgeon
Posts: 8447 | From: Lincoln, Nebraska USA | Registered: Nov 2000 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Death Ray
Member # 15936

Icon 1 posted 06-24-2008 12:42 PM Profile for Death Ray Email Death Ray Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Ignore everything Chris said except for the last part! Deep Fried is every bit the tour de force that Les Mis' was! And it's BEEPO, you damn mispeller! Deep Fried

--------------------
WEAPON BROWN: Charlie Brown Meets the Apocalypse.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2005 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
necrotechno
Member # 13446

Icon 1 posted 06-24-2008 10:41 PM Profile for necrotechno Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Weapon Brown was indeed great. But majorly old, now. What have you done for me lately? Posts: 890 | Registered: Dec 2003 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisW
Member # 2060

Icon 1 posted 06-25-2008 08:32 PM Profile for ChrisW Email ChrisW Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote I meant "BEPPO" [Mad] You got something against the super-monkey?

Beepo, on the other hand, if he were freed of that damnable cat, would be almost as iconic a cartoon figure as Jon Arbuckle or, dare I say it, Dr. Claw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: