Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On Knowledge, etc.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Krueger



Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: On Knowledge, etc. Reply with quote

I'm surprised no one has yet commented on the new resistance or song lyric.

I wish the resistance told us the best question he came up with. My answer would be for the power to grant my own wishes.

And hey, I recognize the song this time. Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bart



Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Posts: 1572

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a thread about it (well about wishes that is), but it's in casual chat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YenTheFirst



Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 2620
Location: Slightly less than crazy.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, counting crows only did a cover of the song.

it's originally by Joni Mitchell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Yellow_Taxi
_________________
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Secret



Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 5429

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am posting in this extremely high-quality thread.
_________________
rm wrote:
the grail is patient.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Funkentelechy



Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 1818

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: On Knowledge, etc. Reply with quote

Krueger wrote:


And hey, I recognize the song this time. Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows.


Wow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YenTheFirst



Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 2620
Location: Slightly less than crazy.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret wrote:
I am posting in this extremely high-quality thread.


I am responding to this high-quality post.
_________________
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arc Tempest



Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 4776
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YenTheFirst wrote:
Secret wrote:
I am posting in this extremely high-quality thread.


I am responding to this high-quality post.


I am using a high quality catchphrase to disguise my postwhoring.
_________________
The older I get, the more certain I become of one thing. True and abiding cynicism is simply a form of cowardice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Keign



Joined: 22 Nov 2006
Posts: 2073
Location: The Blue Nowhere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
YenTheFirst wrote:
Secret wrote:
I am posting in this extremely high-quality thread.


I am responding to this high-quality post.


I am using a high quality catchphrase to disguise my postwhoring.

I'm quoting somebody. And postwhoring. I have no good excuses for either. Oh well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YenTheFirst



Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 2620
Location: Slightly less than crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keign wrote:
Arc Tempest wrote:
YenTheFirst wrote:
Secret wrote:
I am posting in this extremely high-quality thread.


I am responding to this high-quality post.


I am using a high quality catchphrase to disguise my postwhoring.

I'm quoting somebody. And postwhoring. I have no good excuses for either. Oh well.


I am attempting to leave a witty response to this quote chain.
_________________
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Twister87
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am refusing to take part in this quoting chain, thereby becoming the awesome anarchist I always wanted to be.
Back to top
Bart



Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Posts: 1572

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twister87 wrote:
I am refusing to take part in this quoting chain, thereby becoming the awesome anarchist I always wanted to be.

However you get caught up in another quote chain, the postwhorers foil you again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr_Moustache



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 9123
Location: The thing in itself that is Will

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart wrote:
Twister87 wrote:
I am refusing to take part in this quoting chain, thereby becoming the awesome anarchist I always wanted to be.

However you get caught up in another quote chain, the postwhorers foil you again.


* Flashes his intrails *
_________________
When life gives you lemons, some people make lemonade. I just eat them and make a sour face.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ki-Lo



Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 102
Location: location location

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: . .. Reply with quote

Not quite sure whether there needs to be depth to the notebooks or not (a Talking Heads line " what good are notebooks " comes to mind, I think it is from Life During Wartime ). At first the note seemed shallow :
notes from the .. wrote:
Knowledge for me, apparently, was a useful way to cheat others of their money.
but then you might think what else is there to be done with knowledge or even what the heck is knowledge, anyhow? The genie deal is another stretch, sort of an answer in the form of a question ...

Yep, Joni Mitchell songs are hardly being written anymore; but they definitely are Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group