welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Biases
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toteone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Forum Biases Reply with quote

I've been to a moderate amount of forums in my lifetime. My experience of this particular forum which I have not experienced much of really disappointed me. Since it is only lightly moderated I should have expected the amount of ire I came across a few months ago.

This is (in some ways) a highly moral and yet hip comic. Due to the morality I thought I might get away with posting a comprehensive reasoning of why I think sexual orgies are bad on a number of levels. In doing so I placed the religious and health reasonings (seperate arguments) close to each other and was swiftly accused of saying that homosexuals are punished by God.

There was even a person who said that I was decidedly dishonest and not worth talking with. Even if a person thinks so it is very rude to say something like that to their face and not try to understand. All I understand is this forum contains highly liberal elements in terms of feedback and replies like over at Slightly Damned (a minor webcomic).
Personally I feel you have much to learn from the people over at Errant Story, also lightly moderated. They can get angry and flame you, but they're reasonably objective and highly intelligent.

I don't know if this is a troll but it was nice to get it off my mind. Smile

Some of you are just plain abrasive though many here are nice enough to at least consider someone's feelings. Also there were many radical and thought-through ideas imho.
Willem

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are you?

And why are you saying that we're not objective and intelligent? Are you judging the entire forum on what a few people said? Several months ago?
You have only posted 17 times! How can we have flamed you if you only posted 17 times?

I've just checked what you said. In the middle of a comic thread, you pop in and go on a preach about the dangers of orgies and abortion. You use the whole "GHEYS HAVE AIDS!" argument. Which is bigoted and wrong. (I'm reading the thread as I'm replying, by the way) You don't like homosexual people, it seems. Oh, you're calling people who respond to you childish and easy to anger. "I have Asbergers and ADHD! It's not my fault!" Generalisations and such. No resources or anything. Personal attacks, which are uncalled for. You now have an IQ of 135. This is important. Still no resources. You're not listening to anyone, because they called you an ass.
Oh! Your IQ is 135+!
You took antidepressant pills. Why I know this? Well, you said so. Why did you say that? I don't know.
You left.

So, now you're back to flame us. I don't know why. I don't quite get it, either. In the other thread, people were trying to have a discussion with you. You said they were flaming you. Now, you're flaming us, because you argued with 2 people. 2 people that were trying to show you the errors of your ways. They never even accused you of saying that homosexuals are punished by God. They accused you of saying that homosexuals are more likely to get AIDS. Which you said. You do know that this is not true?

And to be honest, nobody really flamed you. You were called an ass, because you have some very wrong views on the world. And anything that followed is your own fault.

I'd advise you to read that thread again and then you'll see that we didn't flame you or abuse you. You just overreacted.

Have a nice day.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this was that person posting about orgies.

Bart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if all you say is true (and it isn't, see Willem's post) then why the hell do you come back (after some months) and post this rant ? You're just looking to get flamed.
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must have really LIKED that whipping to come back for more. And after months of being away, he still remembers a disagreement with us? Must have worn it like a hair shirt all this time.
Yorick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Biases Reply with quote

Toteone wrote:
I've been to a moderate amount of forums in my lifetime. My experience of this particular forum which I have not experienced much of really disappointed me. Since it is only lightly moderated I should have expected the amount of ire I came across a few months ago.

This is (in some ways) a highly moral and yet hip comic. Due to the morality I thought I might get away with posting a comprehensive reasoning of why I think sexual orgies are bad on a number of levels. In doing so I placed the religious and health reasonings (seperate arguments) close to each other and was swiftly accused of saying that homosexuals are punished by God.

There was even a person who said that I was decidedly dishonest and not worth talking with. Even if a person thinks so it is very rude to say something like that to their face and not try to understand. All I understand is this forum contains highly liberal elements in terms of feedback and replies like over at Slightly Damned (a minor webcomic).
Personally I feel you have much to learn from the people over at Errant Story, also lightly moderated. They can get angry and flame you, but they're reasonably objective and highly intelligent.

I don't know if this is a troll but it was nice to get it off my mind. Smile

Some of you are just plain abrasive though many here are nice enough to at least consider someone's feelings. Also there were many radical and thought-through ideas imho.

While I agree with what Willem has disseminated regarding your previous posting, I would like to note that for many people, religion and sex and the intersection of same are extremely touchy subjects.

and, coming back to tell us that you think we were mean to you is rather trollish, IMO.
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My experience of this particular forum which I have not experienced much of really disappointed me.

this sentence does not make grammatical sense. can anyone translate?[/quote][/code]
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's attempting to not judge the entire forum based on his "experience", and failing. Now if the dude wants to see what flaming on this forum looks like I point him towards our old buddy Rasta Jon.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YenTheFirst wrote:
Quote:
My experience of this particular forum, which I have not experienced much of, really disappointed me.

this sentence does not make grammatical sense. can anyone translate?

Is what is probably is supposed to mean.

Secret

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'd count this under 'troll-like behavior'. We annoyed him several months ago by tearing apart a poorly-defended argument, and now he's back to post a thread about how we're not moral and not objective, while simultaneously saying that it's not right to say things like that.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Fully support orgies.
Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: ;) Reply with quote

I fully support orgies that do not involve Mr_Mustache.
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say a vast majority of the people here are just assholes that like to flex their e-muscles.

Thoroughly taking themselves too seriously.
Keign

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brain.Damage wrote:
vast majority

You serious? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jonin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YenTheFirst wrote:
Quote:
My experience of this particular forum which I have not experienced much of really disappointed me.

this sentence does not make grammatical sense. can anyone translate?

Quote:
My experience of this particular forum, which I have not experienced much of really, disappointed me.

He forgot the commas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: