welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Biases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lemontree



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3298

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
the internet is sort of like the multiple-parallel-worlds theory - whatever you can imagine, there's a place like that somewhere on the internet.


Without having personally gone there, I hear 4-chan is a prime example of such theory.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xen



Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 160
Location: where?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4chan is a prime example of every theory and anti-theory. Whatever that means. Don't go there unless you really really want to face anonymous, face-to-face.

Anyway, I guess there is nothing wrong in saying what you think about something no matter how illogical it might be, cos in the end, all that matters is how you take it. For all you know what you say is what you think might be harmless, but might offend and flame another person. If you watch South Park, you would understand is that you will never get it. You know. You probably won't understand how it feels like.
_________________
For every fact there is an infinity of hypotheses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Lasairfiona



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9702
Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? The content of the previous post does not compute.
_________________
Before God created Las he pondered on all the aspects a woman might have, he considered which ones would look good super-inflated and which ones to leave alone.
After much deliberation he gave her a giant comfort zone. - Michael
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xen



Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 160
Location: where?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quite get it either but that is how you feel when you are in there.

edit:

actually, everything applies in teh internets, you see all sortsa people people who like gory images, and vomit, and all the gross out things, so you wonder, how can such people exist. and, er. a worse forum would be forumboredom.com those guys are....

don't go there.
_________________
For every fact there is an infinity of hypotheses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Yorick



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 12101
Location: In the undersnow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Huh? The content of the previous post does not compute.

I think he's trying to say

No one knows what it's like
To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you


or maybe

People come, people go
Some grow young, some grow old
I woke up in between
A memory and a dream

So let's get to the point, let's roll another joint
Let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I gotta go
And you don't know how it feels
You don't know how it feels to be me


or perhaps

this may come as kind of a surprise
i don't like you and i don't care
what you think about what i do
and most of all, i don't need your opinion
cuz you don't know what it's like to be like me
so keep your mouth shut


or maybe he's just full of shit and trying to confuse the hell out of people.
_________________
Currently experiencing: not summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Xen



Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 160
Location: where?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, nice poem/song.

No really. Its like you call some guy a racist term and you think its funny, but the guy gets real offended (even if the guy calls people of his same race that term) and you wonder why (you think: i mean, its just a word), but he says its an insults when a guy of some other race calls you that because it feels like you are belittling him, (and you think: why do you allow people of your race to call you that? Doesn't that mean that there is some pre-conceived notion that if you say that racsist term and you aare not of the same race it is automatically degenerating, i mean why the double standard), and he says its wrong and insultory because you are of a different ethicity/race and you shouldn't be saying a term that another race coined for us long ago, that we use among ourselves, because that term when used by another race is derogatory, but when used amongst
us, is affectionate.

*Breathes*

See? You just wont get it. I wish I could directly say what I mean, its just that I don't want to potentially offend anyone.
So its sort of a combination of all 3 poems, more like.

(jazzy tune)
Differences

I won't be you,
And you cannot be me,
Because we are different in reality,

So let not stark differences
in appearences,
lead us apart

So let us embrace,
With no regard for race,
Together in a common space,

If not, let differences hold us apart


You see, this guy needs a different forum, one more welcoming, as he is less adaptable, similar for many people around the world, if we cannot accept or adapt a culture, we will poke fun at it, reject it, oppose it, try to destroy it, or just walk a way in a huff.

Thats what I'm trying to say.

hope you liked the song
_________________
For every fact there is an infinity of hypotheses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Yorick



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 12101
Location: In the undersnow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xen wrote:
haha, nice poem/song.

You just don't get it.
_________________
Currently experiencing: not summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Willem



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 6306
Location: wasteland style

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xen wrote:
No really. Its like you call some guy a racist term and you think its funny, but the guy gets real offended (even if the guy calls people of his same race that term) and you wonder why (you think: i mean, its just a word), but he says its an insults when a guy of some other race calls you that because it feels like you are belittling him, (and you think: why do you allow people of your race to call you that? Doesn't that mean that there is some pre-conceived notion that if you say that racsist term and you aare not of the same race it is automatically degenerating, i mean why the double standard), and he says its wrong and insultory because you are of a different ethicity/race and you shouldn't be saying a term that another race coined for us long ago, that we use among ourselves, because that term when used by another race is derogatory, but when used amongst
us, is affectionate.




Yeah, we get it.
_________________
attitude of a street punk, only cutting selected words out of context to get onself excuse to let one's dirty mouth loose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thewaitersitsondown



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2673
Location: The walrus was Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xen wrote:
No really. Its like you call some guy a racist term and you think its funny, but the guy gets real offended (even if the guy calls people of his same race that term) and you wonder why (you think: i mean, its just a word), but he says its an insults when a guy of some other race calls you that because it feels like you are belittling him, (and you think: why do you allow people of your race to call you that? Doesn't that mean that there is some pre-conceived notion that if you say that racsist term and you aare not of the same race it is automatically degenerating, i mean why the double standard), and he says its wrong and insultory because you are of a different ethicity/race and you shouldn't be saying a term that another race coined for us long ago, that we use among ourselves, because that term when used by another race is derogatory, but when used amongst
us, is affectionate.


This is the stupidest way I have ever seen of saying this very stupid thing.
_________________
TORTOISE RUGBY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Fhqwhgads



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 1337
Location: sfcaus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:


Yeah, we get it.


well played, sir
_________________
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. Starting now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xen



Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 160
Location: where?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah naggers are really annoying.

Yeah we all WON'T GET IT.
_________________
For every fact there is an infinity of hypotheses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Snorri



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10878
Location: hiding the decline.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xen wrote:
Yeah naggers are really annoying.

Yeah we all WON'T GET IT.


I think it's Noggers.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Twister87
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be nuggers.

Edit: although if you were from NZ that would still be racist.
Back to top
bun bun
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

filecore wrote:
Lasairfiona wrote:
Only people who realize that a derivative remark about said persons intelligence is true post on the forum full of people/bots to complain that the forum was mean.


Huh?

Lasairfiona wrote:
It would go something like *flame flame flame* "They are so mean to me. They don't listen to what I say." *sulk for two months* "Wait, they can't be right. They are from the internet! You can't believe anything you read on the internet. I bet they are just a bunch of bots." *happy!* "I think I'll go tell them how mean they are. Yes, that will make me feel better."


That moan would have made sense (in terms of pointing out somebody's illogical behaviour, moaning about something and then deciding that they were a bunch of bots and not minding after all) except that you took posts by two different people in order to make that point. It is therefore completely wrong.

S'like I always said, Fiona's a total idiot.

By the way, hi guys.
Back to top
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17600
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey stranger - how's it going?
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group