welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cattypillar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bun bun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Cattypillar Reply with quote

D'awwww!

...that butterfly is a bitch!
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. interesting.
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he was super gay... so the butterfly is like one of those vain gay dudes.
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pooch is so cute, and so innocent, and so utterly, utterly stupid.
Twister87

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the butterfly kinda had a right to be bitchy seeing as Pooch called his former self "slow and fat", albeit terribly innocently as only Pooch can be.
Funkentelechy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cattypillar Reply with quote

I like that butterfly
Vendavalez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it really depends on the tone of voice that the butterfly is using. All previous comments are valid possibilities. Another possibility is that the butterfly doesnít realize that pooch is referring to its old self.

I know that reading the previous parts of this story it doesnít really seem that way. I just wanted to point out that the tone of voice that we canít hear from a comic strip has a lot of influence on the meaning of what characters say (specially on characters whose expression canít be seen like the butterfly).
Kry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vendavalez wrote:
I think it really depends on the tone of voice that the butterfly is using. All previous comments are valid possibilities. Another possibility is that the butterfly doesnít realize that pooch is referring to its old self.

I know that reading the previous parts of this story it doesnít really seem that way. I just wanted to point out that the tone of voice that we canít hear from a comic strip has a lot of influence on the meaning of what characters say (specially on characters whose expression canít be seen like the butterfly).

... the tone of voice the butterfly is using? I'm ok with people analyzing the comic and making comments on the characters and all that, but when it comes to "the tone of voice of the butterfly", it's a good moment to stop and think that maybe you're looking for way too much in a webcomic.

Suspension of disbelief is something, but taking it too seriously takes the fun out of anything.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude - the butterfly is clearly talking. it's right there in the strip. and pooch can hear it. so there must be tone of voice.

worrying about suspending your belief too far, when discussing a comic strip with talking animals and people who interact with visible incarnations of various religious entities is, in my book, taking things too seriously.
FFKonoko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
... the tone of voice the butterfly is using? I'm ok with people analyzing the comic and making comments on the characters and all that, but when it comes to "the tone of voice of the butterfly", it's a good moment to stop and think that maybe you're looking for way too much in a webcomic.

Suspension of disbelief is something, but taking it too seriously takes the fun out of anything.

Its a subjective thing. When you read it, people interpret it and come up witht he tone themselves. Some people read it as him being bitchy, others as clueless and innocent. If the language itself can be taken more than one way, people are likely to, in such a place. If the webcomic actually did HAVE a tone of voice, there would be no problem.
Its nothing to do with over analyzing, since who imagines all the characters talking in perfect monotone?
Vendavalez is just pointing it out.
bun bun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is too easy. I refrain. Please, everyone, continue to discuss retarded things in a retarded manner.
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay gay butterfly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: