welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7/7/7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
YenTheFirst



Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 2620
Location: Slightly less than crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trampstamp wrote:

I hope you got a lolly or something for making a fool out of yourself.


hmm. I don't know about lollys, but I'm sure someone got a 'lol'.
_________________
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trampstamp



Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Posts: 14
Location: Death Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YenTheFirst wrote:
Trampstamp wrote:

I hope you got a lolly or something for making a fool out of yourself.


hmm. I don't know about lollys, but I'm sure someone got a 'lol'.


A lolly is another word for lollipop. Also called a sucker. It's candy.
_________________
"I'm not saying stupidity is a crime, I'm just saying remove the safety labels from everything and let the problem solve itself."

"I prefer Nympho, it makes you sound like a fairy"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Keign



Joined: 22 Nov 2006
Posts: 2073
Location: The Blue Nowhere

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trampstamp wrote:
Keign wrote:
Trampstamp wrote:
do not call me stupid, EVER.

You're stupid.
EGADS I DID IT! I'm such a rebel. :O


Question..is difficult to pull that amount of idiocy? Is it done on purpose or simply an uncomtrollable action?

At your "attempt" at humor, I can do nothing but smile...you are interestingly immature, for one who wants to pose a decent arguement.
Do you think you're "new"? Clever? smart?
Explain how that is funny. I would like to know.

I hope you got a lolly or something for making a fool out of yourself.

Actually y'know, that wasn't so much at attempt at humor as it was something that I vaguely hoped would make you realize that you're taking yourself entirely too seriously here and should probably calm down. Job didn't get done? Pity.

Oh and ah, you don't know me either - so labeling me as immature, or even claiming that I wish to pose a decent argument, is a bit premature. You're unlikely to have any idea what the intentions of my posts are, anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nathan



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6282

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys can all thank me later for making this thread AWESOME.
_________________
All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last. - Marky Mark Proust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YenTheFirst



Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 2620
Location: Slightly less than crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trampstamp wrote:
YenTheFirst wrote:
Trampstamp wrote:

I hope you got a lolly or something for making a fool out of yourself.


hmm. I don't know about lollys, but I'm sure someone got a 'lol'.


A lolly is another word for lollipop. Also called a sucker. It's candy.


yes. it was a joke.

but make sure you differentiate the 'lollys' from the 'lolis'. one's a candy. the other's not.
_________________
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Keign



Joined: 22 Nov 2006
Posts: 2073
Location: The Blue Nowhere

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YenTheFirst wrote:

make sure you differentiate the 'lollys' from the 'lolis'. one's a candy. the other's not.

Oh there are plenty of people who think both are delicious, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arc Tempest



Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 4895
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trampstamp wrote:

To begin: I made sense,
The sleep thing was for grammar errors, as I was fairly sure I had missed a few on my quick scan through. My being tired has nothing to do with what I said.


If you truly have even a bit of intelligence think about what you just wrote. Grammar has everything to do with what you said, correct grammar makes it comprehensible and determines how other can understand it, poor grammar makes your argument come off sounding retarded no matter what it's merit or lack thereof.

Trampstamp wrote:
Second, do not call me stupid, EVER.


This is Sinfest you twit, say something stupid and people will call you stupid. Grow some thicker skin.


Trampstamp wrote:
Rabids attack. They do not let themselves be driven off, or left, they will attack brutally. Wolves and such will kill them. Do not believe it go to you library and read a book. Thank you.


Which book please? Around here you may want to carry your sources in your back pocket because if you make an outlandish (some would say, oh I don't know, stupid) claim people will ask where you found your information. And this goes for most of what else you wrote, so really, which book(s)?

Trampstamp wrote:
Hey, you may have missed it but I never said animals are perfect. They can be cruel, but humans take the gold, silver and bronze is mindless homicide of others, animals, and the planet.

That last bit made sense; do I need to use smaller words?


Smaller words aren't necessary, using the correct ones are. Strangely enough for the same reason I wrote above.
_________________
The older I get, the more certain I become of one thing. True and abiding cynicism is simply a form of cowardice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Trampstamp



Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Posts: 14
Location: Death Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keign wrote:
Trampstamp wrote:
Keign wrote:
Trampstamp wrote:
do not call me stupid, EVER.

You're stupid.
EGADS I DID IT! I'm such a rebel. :O


Question..is difficult to pull that amount of idiocy? Is it done on purpose or simply an uncomtrollable action?

At your "attempt" at humor, I can do nothing but smile...you are interestingly immature, for one who wants to pose a decent arguement.
Do you think you're "new"? Clever? smart?
Explain how that is funny. I would like to know.

I hope you got a lolly or something for making a fool out of yourself.

Actually y'know, that wasn't so much at attempt at humor as it was something that I vaguely hoped would make you realize that you're taking yourself entirely too seriously here and should probably calm down. Job didn't get done? Pity.

Oh and ah, you don't know me either - so labeling me as immature, or even claiming that I wish to pose a decent argument, is a bit premature. You're unlikely to have any idea what the intentions of my posts are, anyway.


I do take my self seriously, I am a serious person. I am calm to be honest, it is just mouse's assessment of what I said was rather irritating, as well as the narrowmindedness in this topic.
However I give up, it is silly for me to combat in this discussion anymore, seeing as how I seem to stand alone...except for That_Guy, but he makes a mockery out of himself so I am overlooking him.

To those who made arguments, thank you for at least arguing and not insulting me...too much(I've read other forum topics and have seen the brutality that can arise here).
It has been interesting. I apologise for my mudslinging, and the spelling errors.

I understood you were mocking me, when I am serious. I know the "too serious defence" for mocking me, perhaps it is needed here. I am too indifferent right now to care.

However please, do not call me stupid. My intelligence is the only thing I have pride in, although near the end of that argument I reduced it to nothing in my words.

Alright,I do not know you so let me rephrase. What you did was immature, you yourself are not immature, or at least this being the internet, I can not say for certain your personality, immature or otherwise.
Your posts seem to try give decent argument. However you are correct I have idea of your intent. I doubt you will tell me either so, my relation to your intentions ends now.

Is that was you wished to hear, I said it with much sincerity.

Now as this is over, I shall go treat myself to another coffee.
_________________
"I'm not saying stupidity is a crime, I'm just saying remove the safety labels from everything and let the problem solve itself."

"I prefer Nympho, it makes you sound like a fairy"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Trampstamp



Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Posts: 14
Location: Death Star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, Arc.

You win.

Happy?

Thick skin? Is being egged at school and still attending every class, thick enough? I only have serious problems with being called stupid, could you please refrain.

I honestly don't think what I said was stupid, perhaps badly argued, due maybe to my less than alert state and my being new to these forums. On the other hand, perhaps I am just not aware of how to argue with you fine people here at Sinfest.
I stand by myself still, but you can take the win if you wish.

I will keep in mind references. I will take what you said as a hint, not a jab at my lack of knowledge on argument protocol here.

Most of what I said, about animals comes from textbooks assigned to students in high school. With the wolves, I honestly cannot remember, I did a huge science fair project on them years ago. If I kept the bibliography, I would give it to you.
_________________
"I'm not saying stupidity is a crime, I'm just saying remove the safety labels from everything and let the problem solve itself."

"I prefer Nympho, it makes you sound like a fairy"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17134
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trampstamp wrote:
To begin: I made sense,
The sleep thing was for grammar errors, as I was fairly sure I had missed a few on my quick scan through. My being tired has nothing to do with what I said.


oooooo - too bad. might have given yourself a way out with that one, now, you gotta live with the shit you've put out.

Trampstamp wrote:
I will admit there may be holes in my OPINION, but that is the same with EVERYONE.


and around here, you _will_ get called on those. as i did.

Trampstamp wrote:
Do not believe it go to you library and read a book.

WHICH ONE??? the question one, CAN YOU CITE AN INSTANCE IN WHICH A WOLF PACK WAS OBSERVED KILLING A RABID MEMBER OF THE PACK?

you know, actually _proof_ of your nonsense? no, i am not going to waste my time searching the library for _your_ citation - you made the claim, you have to prove it.

Trampstamp wrote:

No, I never said, violence was only useable, or whatever convoluted thing you spewed forth when someone was attacked by a rabid. I was yet again using my example to say that a human threatened with jail and not reacting compared to a wolf being attacked by a rabid I not comparable, the fact you can't connect the whole of what I said makes me wonder how you got through Socials, history, science and anything else involving reading in school.


um....did you say you were an editor?.....and you are producing stuff like this. hm.

in answer to your question, i got through the educational system by being able to read and write coherent english. when you produce coherent english, i will be able to understand it.

of course, it is possible to be coherent, and yet utterly lacking in sense. i suspect you will prove to excel at this.

Trampstamp wrote:
it had been scientifically proven that humans and dolphins experience pleasure. other animals, it just happens. It is a reflex from pheromones.

ah - so you haven't heard of bonobos.

Trampstamp wrote:
Murderers, do not have reason, Jealousy, is rarely about killing to keep a mate, mostly it is about selfish human want, i.e.: Ruth Ellis.

but the murder would still say they had a reason. you may not like the reason, or consider it valid - but it is still a reason.
Trampstamp wrote:
Many murderers kill people randomly, those they do not even know.

but not all - or even the majority. and in some of the cases you list, the people felt they had a reason, if not a reason tied to a specific individual.
for example: the 9/11 attackers and terrorists in general are killing for a reason, i.e., to further their view of what the world should be. we may consider their world-view insane, and their methods useless - but in their minds, they have a reason.

it's not personal when an animal kills for food. it's not personal when a soldier (or a terrorist) kills for a cause. doesn't mean they don't have a reason for what they do. nor does it mean that they would kill _anyone_ (a necessary feature in random killing). you may not feel they are being appropriately selective, but in their eyes, they are.

Trampstamp wrote:
Moreover, yes humanity is on a downward slide, are you fucking blind. Can you read a bloody newspaper? Watch the news, learn something.

i am highly amused that you should address this to me - but you are, after all, an ignorant noob, more interested in proving how smart you are than in actually learning anything. like, you know, from anything anyone has posted in any other thread.

i did not say that the human race had achieved perfection. i do feel it is better than it used to be. you clearly feel that things were _much_ better in, say, the middle ages, when you would have been lucky to live to the age of 40, would probably not have seen meat (or even much in the way of vegetables) from one end of the year to the next, when the plague was rife, when the inquisition was in full flower....ah hell, no point in depressing you with thinking how much you missed, not living in the good old days.

Trampstamp wrote:
No one is fighting diseases, it is a fucking facade. Cancer has been cured a few times over; the money is just too great, same with anything else.


i shall be sure to tell my colleagues at the cancer center this on monday morning; i am sure they will all be interested to know that we are in fact doing nothing, and that cancer has already been cured, without any of us knowing about it.

Trampstamp wrote:
Fuck off mouse, learn some tolerance and accept other people's views then get back at me.

i would put this in the 'this forum is making me giddy' thread, but modesty forbids.

Trampstamp wrote:
I find it funny how you all accuse me of being out of line and bothering people I was having a discussion, I was hearing Nathan out, seeing his view, and sharing my own, and they all you self righteous pricks invade brimming with self-importance.

welcome to sinfest. maybe next time you should read a few threads, before you start deciding how the rest of us should respond to you?

Trampstamp wrote:
Oh as a side note to the removal from myself from this race.


yeah, let's talk about that.

you say this:
Trampstamp wrote:
The human race is revolting. A festering cesspool of stupidity and violence. I am ashamed of being called human, of sharing the same planet with something so narrow-minded.


and then spring this:
Trampstamp wrote:
Tried too, sadly that failed. Oh well, try, try again, eh?

Consider this, I beg of you, do not act all high and mighty then tell someone to commit suicide.


now honestly - if someone else gave you the first part (and rudely, as well) - how would you respond?

and for your information - i am a firm believer in euthanasia. my beliefs have primarily to do with what i've learned and experienced in dealing with the terminally ill, but to be ethically consistent, i have to ask myself - do i, in fact, have the right to tell someone set on suicide, someone who believes themselves to be "revolting", part of a "festering cesspool" - should i really insist that someone so clearly unhappy be forced to live?
if you have, in fact, attempted suicide, i have to believe you got some sort of help, or at least you know that such is available - and yet, you are clearly utterly hopeless about any future, for yourself or any part of the human race.

i myself do not believe the human race to be perfect; many parts of it are not even very good. but i see an attempt to make changes; indeed, i have seen changes - yes, even in the environment, and in efforts to save endangered species. and i myself am determined to make changes.

in a younger day, perhaps i would have felt you needed to be saved, no matter what. but now, i find i am growing increasingly tired of whiners. you think the human race is hopeless, irretrievably evil, and that no one, no where, is doing anything to make it better? then you are surely not making it better, and honestly, i can't convince myself you would be much of a loss. but make no mistake - whatever you do is _your_ decision. don't go slicing up your wrists and saying "mouse was hateful to me, it's mouse's fault i did this". no, it is _your_ fault - your decision, your evaluation of your place in the world at large. as you say, i don't know you - you know yourself better than anyone, and if you feel that your particular embodiment of the human race is so hateful - well, who am i to argue?

Trampstamp wrote:
It took any respect I had for you and shoved it in the metaphorical wood chipper.

Have a nice day. Smile

you can imagine my utter devastation at reading this.

Trampstamp wrote:
Oh and there is no air in space, to that matches comment. So ni fire, better think of another trigger for the connon. But that is not the issue.


i was figuring the cannon would have to be on earth, firing into space (have to load the people, after all). in any event, even in space, to fire any sort of projectile, there has to be some method of propulsion - perhaps the charge will include oxygen as part of the package?

i'm sure we'll figure something out. i have great confidence in the ingenuity of the human race.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arc Tempest



Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 4895
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trampstamp wrote:
I honestly don't think what I said was stupid, perhaps badly argued, due maybe to my less than alert state and my being new to these forums. On the other hand, perhaps I am just not aware of how to argue with you fine people here at Sinfest.


Keep in mind that on the internet, especially with first impressions, it is very difficult to delineate between something being poorly argued and poorly thought. All we see is what you write, not what you think.

Go to sleep, come back rested and restate your point. Better yet lurk a bit, look around and see how the discussions around here go and jump in next time you have something to say on another subject. We are a rather venomous lot (excepting Uncle Benny and Ms. Fris of course, and normally mouse), but if you can present your argument well and without excuses things become much more enlightening and enjoyable.
_________________
The older I get, the more certain I become of one thing. True and abiding cynicism is simply a form of cowardice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
That_Guy



Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 9
Location: A place

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trampstamp wrote:

However I give up, it is silly for me to combat in this discussion anymore, seeing as how I seem to stand alone...except for That_Guy, but he makes a mockery out of himself so I am overlooking him.


Hey I love what I do. Arguing is almost as satisfying as porn. =p
_________________
"I'm not a stupid man, Im not an intelligent man, I am an honest man." -Me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Twister87
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is it too late for popcorn?
Back to top
Major Tom



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 7562

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p'rhaps not, but i bet the butter's bitter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17134
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
normally mouse


what do you mean, "normally mouse"??? i am _always_ non-venomous! i hardly even bite, even! i was not at all mean to him - i was polite, but honest and firm - he just got all het up because i said he was stupid for saying stupid things. and he was.

i will lay odds that he _never_ comes back with a valid citation for wolves killing rabid members of the pack, unless attacked, because that sort of behavior is just too risky. i just can't see a way for a wolf to kill a rabid wolf without contracting rabies itself, and then you just get into a whole vicious cycle thing.

feh - like 'stupid' is the worse thing anyone has been called around here.

"normally mouse" indeed.

you think i was mean, _i'll_ show you mean. i can be mean. i can say truly vicious and cutting things
and i will, too. i can do it any time i want. you'll see
you just wait. you'll be sorry
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group