welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/18 Be careful
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
honinbo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: .. . . .. Reply with quote

Ki-Lo wrote:
such a quandary, observe or respond .. observe or respond ..

self says ... observe: "CARPE THE DAYUM" might possibly be construed as 'take the damn' .. yah, that'll work Smile

No, actually it's Carpe Diem, which is latin for "seize the day". That's probably the only latin i know (from Robin Williams movie - "Dead Poet's Society")

So it's probably "respond" Very Happy
ratanx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Rayyn wrote:
The 'nique centered comics are getting way to repetitive for my taste. She needs some more character development such as Slick has been getting lately. (My 1 1/2 cents).

Pregnancy ought to knock her down a peg or two.

Heh, 'nique getting baby puke all over her new belly shirt could be damn funny. Preferably her own, since being 10 feet from any baby could result in such a thing happening.
andrew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has done an excellent job of reminding me why I don't bother with this part of the forum.
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewaitersitsondown wrote:
I am obviously typing on a keyboard which is obviously made of plastic. This is obviously the internet and you have obviously not thought too much about the ways in which the word "obviously" can logically be used, because only this last statement is a necessary one and yet the first three are of the type that you claim to have made, while the last is not.
Wheeee!

I <3 you, honey.

discuss lol

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrozenSheep wrote:
Brain.Damage wrote:
Damn, so sensitive. She is obviously spending too much time caring about what other people think.

Sometimes its hard to ignore.

Word.

Twsod: stfu, you ignorant coal mining fuck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did coalminers ever do to you?
Also how am I ignorant?
Also also these forums have a long established no-idiocy policy. It is nothing personal, but the rule for as long as I've been here has been if you see someone being an idiot, point it out. If someone points out that you are being an idiot, check if you actually are being an idiot. If you are, be less of an idiot. If in fact the person who called you an idiot is being an idiot, explain in what way.
It's actually a great system, I think. You learn a lot if you are willing to swallow your pride and abandon the idea that just because somebody attacks what you say does not mean they are attacking you. I'm not trying to be mean, or make myself look big. I just wanted to keep people on their toes a bit in the hopes of elevating the level of discussion. Hopefully this gets through to one or two people.
I'm explaining this, by the way, in answer to BD's accusations of being pretentious and vindictive. In fact you are wrong. I am teasing you, yes, and being extravagant about it, as is my wont. If you want to explain to me why that is stupid or wrong, go right ahead. I don't consider personal attacks out-of-bounds, but please get them right.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew wrote:
This thread has done an excellent job of reminding me why I don't bother with this part of the forum.

sigh...

or why I only check here twice a day
FrozenSheep

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YE GODS THE SHOCK! THE DUMBFOUNDMENT! HOW CAN THIS BE? Quickly and fiercely, BD's opponent stabs at him in a move so underhanded, so devious and artful that it could not have been predicted by a thousand thousand computers working at a thousand thousand times the speed of light!! HOW CAN HE RECOVER? WHO WILL WIN THIS BATTLE OF THE INTELLECTS, THIS WAR OF MINDS? ONLY TIME CAN TELL, FOR SURELY OUR MEAGER INTELLIGENCES CANNOT HOPE EVEN TO GRASP THE FULL IMPACT OF THESE EVENTS, LET ALONE PREDICT THEIR OUTCOME!

that made me lul
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!
Green_Finn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comedy gold

I think I might love you.
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: .. . . .. Reply with quote

honinbo wrote:
Ki-Lo wrote:
such a quandary, observe or respond .. observe or respond ..

self says ... observe: "CARPE THE DAYUM" might possibly be construed as 'take the damn' .. yah, that'll work Smile

No, actually it's Carpe Diem, which is latin for "seize the day". That's probably the only latin i know (from Robin Williams movie - "Dead Poet's Society")

So it's probably "respond" Very Happy

This made my morning.
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment was simple and truthful there was nothing stupid about it... there just wasn't anything amazingly insightful about it.

It's quite easy to point out a possible flaw in someone else’s work without reducing them down to a pile of rubble.

As I said before, don't be such a damn loser.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be such a damn boozer.
HA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: