welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10/15 PUPPY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndieNicole

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
nono- it's about the power of declaring something cute. monique characterizes the hell-hound as cute, and it becomes as meek as a dove.

.....are doves actually meek? they're related to pigeons, and pigeons aren't exactly meek...i would change that to 'bunnies', but bunnies can be pretty fierce...

Pigeons are a type of dove, even.
And yes, bunnies can be fierce. I got a bunny when I was seven. Anything with claws scares me now.
Sir Craigius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who's seen or read Watership Down knows how fierce rabbits can be.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, good old Watership Down. Good old fictional, made-up, actually-not-at-all-true-just-so-you-know-rabbits-aren't-actually-capable-of-rational-thought Watership Down.
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure loving evil in every way (sexually and maternally) is probably epitome of evil.
bun bun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndieNicole wrote:

Other way around. Doves are pigeons that just happen to have all-white feathers. Albino pigeons and white-feathered breeds both count.

The distinction is the same as between mountain lions/pumas and panthers. Panthers are pumas (mountain lions) that just happen to be all-black.
Bubble

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: 10/15 PUPPY Reply with quote

So cute. ('Nique looks weird in panel 3, though.)[/quote]

It's her eye. It fills the whole head of her. Is she OK?

This one is so me again. What do you do when you see a huge, mad killerdog from Hell? You go caress it! I would. x) Not if it was a normal dribbling dog but only if its an evil killerdog.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:
AndieNicole wrote:

Other way around. Doves are pigeons that just happen to have all-white feathers. Albino pigeons and white-feathered breeds both count.

Um, no, being white isn't a defining feature. They're just considered interchangeable terms. What we're talking about here isn't "rectangle" and "square", it's "rectangle" and "quadrilateral with four right angles".
reasonablymad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interchangeable, yes. one doesn't belong within the other. the family is columbidae and the order columbiformes. usually the differenciation is due to size, pigeons being larger. there are five or more subfamilies. and there are plenty (many dozens) of non-white doves.
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktern wrote:
What we're talking about here isn't "rectangle" and "square", it's "rectangle" and "quadrilateral with four right angles".

That's because, in my country at least, "rectangle" and "square" are actually completely different things. A rectangle can be a square, but a square can't be a rectangle - since a square is defined as a quadrilateral with four right angles and sides all the same length, whereas a rectangle can have two parallel sides of a different length to the other two parallel sides - in fact, you're referring to rectangle and oblong, and your reference to square was incorrect.
Sir Craigius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewaitersitsondown wrote:
Yes, good old Watership Down. Good old fictional, made-up, actually-not-at-all-true-just-so-you-know-rabbits-aren't-actually-capable-of-rational-thought Watership Down.

*lip trembles* Fictional? Crying or Very sad
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:
AndieNicole wrote:

The distinction is the same as between mountain lions/pumas and panthers. Panthers are pumas (mountain lions) that just happen to be all-black.

actually, panthers are black leopards. mountain lions (==cougars==pumas) don't come in black.

there is the florida panther, which is a type of puma, but it's normal puma-colored. don't know why they ended up being called panthers, other than just general confusion on what you call that great big cat over there.
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

filecore wrote:
ktern wrote:
What we're talking about here isn't "rectangle" and "square", it's "rectangle" and "quadrilateral with four right angles".

That's because, in my country at least, "rectangle" and "square" are actually completely different things. A rectangle can be a square, but a square can't be a rectangle - since a square is defined as a quadrilateral with four right angles and sides all the same length, whereas a rectangle can have two parallel sides of a different length to the other two parallel sides - in fact, you're referring to rectangle and oblong, and your reference to square was incorrect.

uhm, by your definition, a square can be a rectangle.
A square isn't necessarily a rectangle, by the reason you gave,

but it is false to say 'a square cannot be a rectangle'

I don't know what country you are in, but rectangle is typically defined as a quadrilateral with 4 right angles. Thus, ALL squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.

A rectangle can be a square, and a square must be a rectangle.
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, I garbled my words a little, but my point still stands as regards the original poster.
ktern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell? I don't know if it varies in other countries, but my statement was entirely accurate in America, where I happen to be located.

That's as dumb as saying "No, condoms aren't birth control devices. The correct term is rubber."
Menamebephil

Location: Box under the stairs in the basement of the house half a mile down the road from Jerry's Bait Shop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid to say that this particular one sucks. Seriously, it's vapid, odd looking and not even funny (a cardinal sin in the world of the cartoon strip). I sure as hell hope that this isn't part of a trend, as (by Sinfest standards at least) this seems far too much like a "conventional" comic strip to me. Seriously, if this is a setup scene it had better get more interesting damn quick.

AND NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THE PIGEONS OR RECTANGLES!!!!! Damn pedantics...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: