welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mel Gibson V. Jews, The Fuzz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:

Forgive Crowe his sins and watch Master & Commander. It's a wonderful movie.

I agree. I own it.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: TUGGY THE TUGBOAT Reply with quote

MsFrisby wrote:
Sam wrote:
I have not been this disappointed in an actor since I learned -- a scant two weeks after watching Master and Commander -- that Russel Crowe has an extra special way of dealing with interpersonal problems: he punches people in the face.

Really, as far as Mel Gibson goes, I kind of expected the drunken "sugar-tits" behavior. It wasn't a great shock to me. The Jew stuff is a little surprising, but I'm not knocked off my chair.

But you just told me that Mr. Crowe likes to punch people when he's angry, basically making him into an antagonistic asshole. You have made me very sad today.

he also throws phones at the help, doesn't he?

the pissy little princess
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: ANARCHY SHIP would have been cool, says doctor Reply with quote

Sam wrote:

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1152176330/Russell_Crowe_Show_On_South_Park

I felt like that guy sitting on the couch in that. "What is THIS?!"
Amilam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first reaction was maybe now Fox News will stop fawning over Mel Gibson as an anti Hollywood hero. My second reaction was disgust that I'm arguing with Fox News in my head. I really need to cut back.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amilam wrote:
I really need to cut back.

Heyhey, you and Mel have something in common then!
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Durn Ac-o-demmics and sleb-rities Reply with quote

Amilam wrote:
My first reaction was maybe now Fox News will stop fawning over Mel Gibson as an anti Hollywood hero. My second reaction was disgust that I'm arguing with Fox News in my head. I really need to cut back.

You know, when I saw Mel on Fox News, that's exactly what I thought, too.

"What is he supposed to be, the anti-hollywood messiah?"
Lemontree

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known Russell Crowe was a real ponce, for quite a while now. But I hadn't heard much about Mel Gibson's behavior.. so this ones entirely new to me.

As for "Passion of the Christ" I seemed to miss all of the anti-sematic undertones as my brain was convulsing from all of the slowed down action. I swear that movie could've been 35 minutes long if he didn't film every other sequence in sloooooooow motion.

(Btw - to any brittish forum members, I apologize if I used the term "Ponce" incorrectly. =b )
kame

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure that being a drunken bigot/coward/pussy/sexist/and potential public pisser is worse than being a drunken bastard. In the end-run, I'd much rather watch movies involving Russell Crowe than Mel Gibson.
Willem

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Russel Crowe is an Aussie. They constantly get drunk and punch people in the face.

Also, a better link (for me). It's the full episode: http://cartoons.peekvid.com/s1819/e16306/
Marik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: but squiddy is an aussie and he only drinks and DANCES Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
But Russel Crowe is an Aussie. They constantly get drunk and punch people in the face.

I'll bet they also stereotype people by nationality Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

fucking aussies
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, gibson is an aussie too.

i've been a little wary of him ever since i heard about his father, who is some sort of loonie fundamentalist catholic nut, who believes vatican two was totally bogus and mass should still be in latin (and that's the mild stuff). mel keeps saying he's not really a follower of his dad's, but then there was all that concern about the anti-semitic slant of 'passion', and there was also some weirds stuff about which groups he would allow to see it in prescreenings (jews apparently not allowed).

it sounds like one of those bits where you are sufficiently incapacitated that you say all those things that you really think deep inside, but normally have the sense to keep under wraps.
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's terrible how all these conspiracy theorists think the Jews may have had a hand in Christ's Death.

The antisemitic bastards.
Kilgore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I think it would pretty much be impossible to tell the story of the Passion in any high profile public forum without someone claiming it was anti-semetic. I thought the Romans came off a lot worse in the movie than the Jews did.

-Slick
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: KILL'M TEH GOYIM Reply with quote

Even if there wasn't a second of potentially anti-semetic casting or screenplay in Passion, you could probably see this coming a mile away, like with oh mebbe this

(Mel flatly denies that his father is a holocaust denier)
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gives me odd satisfaction that Mel Gibson and Russel Crowe are arseholes, somehow it seems wrong to dislike them just for being shitty actors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: