welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother sometimes get these cases of migraine every once in a while. Usually she deals with them by taking a migraine repressant pill (mpp) and then stays holed up in her bed for several hours. This is fine as it's happened before and if she's allowed the sleep she needs, she will a couple of hours later ascend from her bed like nothing's happened and then proceed to continue with her daily to-do chores.

This time, however, the case was more serious; when she got home from work, she was having a severe case of migraine and was feeling nauseous, probably due to the pain, and she immediately had to go to bed. She was forced to take an aspirine as well as the mpp, as the pain would not cease. Eventually she fell asleep, only to after a while being forced to get out of bed to puke. This went on in a cycle; she fell asleep, then after a while get up to puke. This also went on for several hours. My mother was also reluctant to go to the hospital, which is why the procedure went on for so long as it did.

Finally, though, after she once again had puked, she agreed, and just now, a couple of minutes ago, an ambulance came and picked her up. An ambulance, since she was in such a condition that she couldn't move of her own volition.

Now, I don't know why I posted this, I usually am pretty bad at conveying my feelings about things such as this, but I just wanted to write something about it. I know that since she's in medical care now, she'll be fine, but at the same time I can't help but get this/these feeling(s) of hopelessness and despair. It's all very depressing. I can't sleep either, since I constantly find myself being worried about her. Also I'm supposed to get up in three hours but that's a small horror compared to that of my mother and now I feel egotistical and dumb. Sigh.
Darkman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry to hear that man. Migraines are no fun.
Uncle Bebby

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's alright, buddy, it's perfectly fine for you to be afraid for your mother.

don't let it eat you away though, in fact, you gotta tough it out, for your mom, so she doesn't have to worry about you while dealing with her own pain.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that my refrigerator is possessed by Satan, and now has the power to spontaneously freeze objects no matter what the thermostat says or where in the fridge the object is.

Sumbitch.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small update: she got sedated and she's asleep and well - no regurgitation.

That's good. I still haven't been able to sleep, however, and since I'm still up there's no point going to bed at this rate anyway. I guess I'll have a real early breakfast.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Daily is fun. Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
My mother sometimes get these cases of migraine every once in a while. Usually she deals with them by taking a migraine repressant pill (mpp) and then stays holed up in her bed for several hours. This is fine as it's happened before and if she's allowed the sleep she needs, she will a couple of hours later ascend from her bed like nothing's happened and then proceed to continue with her daily to-do chores.

This time, however, the case was more serious; when she got home from work, she was having a severe case of migraine and was feeling nauseous, probably due to the pain, and she immediately had to go to bed. She was forced to take an aspirine as well as the mpp, as the pain would not cease. Eventually she fell asleep, only to after a while being forced to get out of bed to puke. This went on in a cycle; she fell asleep, then after a while get up to puke. This also went on for several hours. My mother was also reluctant to go to the hospital, which is why the procedure went on for so long as it did.

Finally, though, after she once again had puked, she agreed, and just now, a couple of minutes ago, an ambulance came and picked her up. An ambulance, since she was in such a condition that she couldn't move of her own volition.

Now, I don't know why I posted this, I usually am pretty bad at conveying my feelings about things such as this, but I just wanted to write something about it. I know that since she's in medical care now, she'll be fine, but at the same time I can't help but get this/these feeling(s) of hopelessness and despair. It's all very depressing. I can't sleep either, since I constantly find myself being worried about her. Also I'm supposed to get up in three hours but that's a small horror compared to that of my mother and now I feel egotistical and dumb. Sigh.

Don't allow her to take the migraine pills anymore. Sometimes they just make things worse.

Honestly, I'd rather just deal with migraines myself than trust/depend on those things.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
It would appear that my refrigerator is possessed by Satan, and now has the power to spontaneously freeze objects no matter what the thermostat says or where in the fridge the object is.

Sumbitch.

I had a fridge like that once. I wasnt aware pickle water could freeze, but there it was, a half gallon jar of pickles frozen.

Also I had a carton of OJ in my fridge for two years that never went bad do to the freezing process. It was still OJ colored when I finally threw it out.
Jinx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

That sucks. From your description, it sounds like aspirin was the delta in the situation. Do her migraine suppressants have an interaction with aspirin?
Secret

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My video game woes are not over yet - apparently the memory card holding every game I've ever played for the Gamecube is corrupted.

Dammit, all I did was delete some data!
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to play it all again?
Secret

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I want to get the files back, yes.

I'm not aware of any easy way to get around having to format it, so I'm putting it off.
crossbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Daily is fun. Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Don't allow her to take the migraine pills anymore. Sometimes they just make things worse.

Honestly, I'd rather just deal with migraines myself than trust/depend on those things.

she's his mother, what's he going to do? it's her decision.

i'm sorry guest, i hope your mom's okay.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badegg wrote:
I just found out that one of my favorite authors has Parkinsons Crying or Very sad

He better finish the third book in the trilogy, been waiting long enough as it is :evil:

Who?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret wrote:
If I want to get the files back, yes.

I'm not aware of any easy way to get around having to format it, so I'm putting it off.

You're probably going to have to peruse some gamecube/wii hacking forums. I'd imagine d/l some third party software to your wii with the memory card plugged in there would probably be the easiest way to do it yourself, this is assuming your wii is hooked up to the internet.

Also, I believe their might actually be people out there who specialize in retrieving corrupted game files for a fee; you send them your bad memory card they get what they can off of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinx wrote:
Guest wrote:

That sucks. From your description, it sounds like aspirin was the delta in the situation. Do her migraine suppressants have an interaction with aspirin?

The migraine repressants/suppressants is stronger than aspirine, much like morphine that soothes but makes you woozy and disoriented, but she was already nauseated as is when she got home from work... I guess that was the catalyst already. When she was forced to take the aspirine as well as the pain intensified (as she can't take two of them, especially in such a short period of time), I reckon that only emphasised the effect. Whether they also had an interaction with eachother, I don't know, but she puked a lot so they might as well have had one.

She's okay now, though. She got home yesterday and she has pretty much recovered. Cheers to everyone who was concerned. I appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 3 of 1254

Jump to: