welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

11.08.07 - I Can't Change 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
How did the logician transform into a mathematician?

It happens every full moon - ever since that mathematician bit him at that conference in Bonn.
Zeku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that someone said 'why did God have to ask a question?'

Don't you think that the person(s) who, according to you, fabricated this elaborate lie, would have been careful to exclude anything which might be a discrepancy? And thus, the presence of a story element that is not Fisher-Price simplicity is a mark of authenticity, and not a comical error.

Aren't secular authors free to arrange their work, their characters, their timeline (and their actions) in any way they choose? Why should this be any different for a God writing a story?

When you're speaking to a child, do you ask questions because you're ignorant, or do you ask questions to see how far into their current delusion they are? (to get them to acknowledge it)

I'm trying to tell you that there's a very real possibility that you're not making a legitimate effort to understand what you're reading.

Last edited by Zeku on Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pytheus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this was all many years ago, I was a teenager. I did a lot of stupid things back then. I never went back to looking stuff up so I never revised my opinion. The idea that god stood in heaven and sent his angels down to communicate with us didn't sound too stupid to me. So it never occurred to me it was an idea I should revise.

I'm not stupid, just ignorant. I graduated with a 4.0GPA in Electronics and Computer Design and often corrected my own teachers when they made mistakes. I do confess English was my worst subject. But Math and Sciences I aced without the need to study. I also am an artist and won many competitions. I placed above average in intelligence testings. If I could better write down my thoughts I would have written a book by now. I don't think in words, can't remember names to well. I think of things by picturing it in my mind. So I'm no good at organizing my thoughts into words.
bun bun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No-one is suggesting that you revise your beliefs or ideas.

We've consistently said that your ideas are not what we are attacking. What we are attacking is that you made generalizations of what is acceptable in certain religions based on your own beliefs.

If you're a computer science genius, surely you should understand this translation:

Global variables are bad if you only want to use them locally.
Pytheus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:
No-one is suggesting that you revise your beliefs or ideas.

We've consistently said that your ideas are not what we are attacking. What we are attacking is that you made generalizations of what is acceptable in certain religions based on your own beliefs.

If you're a computer science genius, surely you should understand this translation:

Global variables are bad if you only want to use them locally.

K got it. Just didn't understand where I did that. I tried to keep consistent that what I was saying was my beliefs. Wasn't saying that was what i thought that religion should believe. I know people believe god talked to people himself. I tried to, very poorly" explain my beliefs and what i thought. Was only giving my personal interpretation.

Was trying to say that in many stories that people believe god was speaking, there is references that reveal it was actually an angel. My assumption that it was "always" and angel maybe wrong, cause honestly I didn't know as much about the stories in the bible other then what i had been taught by others and in documentaries. So I plead ignorance.
Kry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you from, Oh Smart Pytheus?

HI PEOPLE I FOUND THIS THREAD Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: