welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

November 24th - Pussy-whipped
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemontree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an effort to wake me up this morning.. after 7:30am, mine kept coming into my room walking across my chest with a quick sniff to my mouth as I pretended to still be asleep. She'd then sniff my cell-phone which acts as my alarm.. then wander away. A minute or so later she'd come in and bat my window blinds once or twice because she used to be thrown out of my room for the noise she makes by doing that.. then she'd hop back up on the bed, do another check and wander back to the living room. This pattern continued until 8:30 when I finally dragged myself awake, and as soon as she realized this she came bounding in to rub her face all against my cheeks and demand for me to lie there and pet her.. and how dare I try and get up and out of bed??
Funkentelechy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats aren't bullies, they're sadists.
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming all you cat-owners have seen Cat Man Do by Simon Tofield? (It goes by many other names on YouTube et al)

Anyway, some good comments, but my point was that it was a user called mouse posting that cats weren't actually bullies. I found that mildly funny.
Funkentelechy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No shit.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

filecore wrote:
Anyway, some good comments, but my point was that it was a user called mouse posting that cats weren't actually bullies. I found that mildly funny.

yeah, this sort of thing has been pointed out before.
Lemontree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funkentelechy wrote:
No shit.

<3
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

filecore wrote:
I'm assuming all you cat-owners have seen Cat Man Do by Simon Tofield? (It goes by many other names on YouTube et al)

i hadn't seen that - that's great! reminds me of my little darlings...well, except for the baseball bat part. (this is one more good reason not to go to the effort of buying a baseball bat).

i call myself mouse in part because of my relationship with my cats. i am keenly aware that my main function is life is to serve as their plaything (both physically and psychologically). so as i say - i am keenly aware of the subtle differences between things like bullying, torture, mind-games and assertiveness.

it's true that it is sometimes a struggle to convince cats of these differences.
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemontree wrote:
In an effort to wake me up this morning.. after 7:30am, mine kept coming into my room walking across my chest with a quick sniff to my mouth as I pretended to still be asleep. She'd then sniff my cell-phone which acts as my alarm.. then wander away. A minute or so later she'd come in and bat my window blinds once or twice because she used to be thrown out of my room for the noise she makes by doing that.. then she'd hop back up on the bed, do another check and wander back to the living room. This pattern continued until 8:30 when I finally dragged myself awake, and as soon as she realized this she came bounding in to rub her face all against my cheeks and demand for me to lie there and pet her.. and how dare I try and get up and out of bed??

Cats are awesome. Very Happy

What happena my handle?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the student here is in Japan, Tat lives in the USA. Eyebrows & eyelashes are different; Tat's are lighter. The student's eyes are closer together. And Tat wouldn't wear his hair that way for a photo, would he?

Also, I think the jaw shape is a little different. And the upper face--the student has different cheekbones.

I'm really bad with faces, & I only have one photo for each; I have to work at this. But I think it's safe to say that Tat is not a Master's program student in Japan.
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
i am keenly aware that my main function is life is to serve as their plaything (both physically and psychologically). so as i say - i am keenly aware of the subtle differences between things like bullying, torture, mind-games and assertiveness.

Have you ever read The Unadulterated Cat by Terry Pratchett and Gray Joliffe? Pratchett, around the time this book was written, was a master of his craft and makes some very wry and acute observations. His theory of Cat Chess, where all cats much continually jockey for position in any given space until they can see all other cats at the same time, is particularly apt.

Terry Pratchett, talking about why humans like cats, wrote:
Consider the situation. There you are, forehead like a set of balconies, worrying about the long-term effects of all this new 'fire' stuff on the environment, you're being chased and eaten by most of the planet's large animals, and suddenly tiny versions of one of the worst of them wanders into the cave and starts to purr.

Terry Pratchett wrote:
Our garden was debated territory between five local cats, and we'd heard that the best way to keep other cats out of the garden was to have one yourself. A moment's rational thought here will spot the slight flaw in this reasoning.

Amazon.com wrote:
Book Description
The Unadulterated Cat is becoming an endangered species as more and more of us settle for those boring mass-produced cats the ad-men sell us - the pussies that purr into their gold-plated food bowls on the telly. But the Campaign for Real Cats sets out to change all that by helping us to recognise a true, unadulterated cat when we see one. For example: real cats have ears that look like they've been trimmed with pinking shears; real cats never wear flea collars . . . or appear on Christmas cards . . . or chase anything with a bell in it; real cats do eat quiche. And giblets. And butter. And anything else left on the table, if they think they can get away with it. Real cats can hear a fridge door opening two rooms away . . .

About the Author
Terry Pratchett is the creator of the bestselling Discworld phenomena. He is the author of 22 consecutive # 1 bestsellers in both hardcover and paperback. He lives near Salisbury in Wiltshire. Gray Jolliffe is a top-selling cartoonist. His most notable success is the Wicked Willie series. Among his other published works are How To Be A Happy Cat and Pussy Pie Hits Town.
Aulute

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, how did you all get to cats? Alright, I can't resist. I will try this again.

I have a cat named Wasabi because of the color of her eyes, and she refuses to let me carry her around. Instead, she will climb up to my shoulders and use me like a walking throne. Ah, cats. My host family doesn't have any, how lonely Sad
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

filecore wrote:
Have you ever read The Unadulterated Cat by Terry Pratchett and Gray Joliffe?

actually, my current av is from that book (had to hunt it down on amazon when i first heard about it). pratchett is clearly a man who knows his cats. have you also found the amazing maurice and his educated rodents?
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aulute wrote:
I have a cat named Wasabi because of the color of her eyes, and she refuses to let me carry her around. Instead, she will climb up to my shoulders and use me like a walking throne.

i am envious - i have never had a shoulder-cat. i thought my girl-cat would become one (she did a lot of shoulder-cruising as a kitten), but now that she is all grown up, she is an Independent Cat, and fusses at being carried in any fashion.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Aulute wrote:
I have a cat named Wasabi because of the color of her eyes, and she refuses to let me carry her around. Instead, she will climb up to my shoulders and use me like a walking throne.

i am envious - i have never had a shoulder-cat. i thought my girl-cat would become one (she did a lot of shoulder-cruising as a kitten), but now that she is all grown up, she is an Independent Cat, and fusses at being carried in any fashion.

If I lean back in my chair while my cats on my lap he gets up and sits on my shoulder and if I move slowly he will sit there when I right myself.
Funkentelechy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your avatar looks like it's just a head with a tail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: