welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

China and dogs!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: China and dogs! Reply with quote

Quote:
SHANGHAI, China (AP) -- A county in southwestern China has killed as many as 50,000 dogs in a government-ordered campaign following the deaths of three local people from rabies, official media reported on Tuesday.

The five-day massacre in Yunnan province's Mouding county spared only military guard dogs and police canine units, the Shanghai Daily reported, citing local media.

Dogs being walked were taken from their owners and beaten to death on the spot, it said. Other killing teams entered villages at night creating noise to get dogs barking, then homing in on their prey.

About 360 of the county's 200,000 residents suffered dog bites this year, with three reported deaths, including a 4-year-old girl, the report said.

"With the aim to keep this horrible disease from people, we decided to kill the dogs," Li Haibo, a spokesman for the county government was quoted as saying by the official Xinhua News Agency.

Calls to county government offices rang unanswered on Tuesday.

China has suffered a major rise in the number of rabies cases in recent years, with 2,651 reported deaths from the disease in 2004, the last year for which data was available, according to the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

Experts have tied the rise in cases in part to a major increase in dog ownership, particularly in rural areas where about 70 percent of households keep dogs. However, rates of rabies vaccination remain extremely low at only about 3 percent, according to the center.

Right, then, that's real super classy!
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how much cheaper is it to send out doggy death squads, than to substantially increase rabies vaccination?
Fhqwhgads

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: China and dogs! Reply with quote

Quote:
Dogs being walked were taken from their owners and beaten to death on the spot, it said.

Shhh... Hear that?

That's the sound of my respect for the Shanghai police evaporating on the spot.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like something I would read in the onion.
Halen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: China and dogs! Reply with quote

Fhqwhgads wrote:
Quote:
Dogs being walked were taken from their owners and beaten to death on the spot, it said.

Shhh... Hear that?

That's the sound of... THAT'S that sound of your respect evaporating? Because of DOGS? The Shanghai police? The police of a state with one of the worst human rights records in the modern world?! A one-party totalitarian state where you can be executed on a whim for spreading ideas? A state that excuted more people than all other countries in the world last year? AND IT TOOK KILLING SOME FUCKING DOGS TO GET RID OF YOUR RESPECT?!
Him

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: China and dogs! Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
Fhqwhgads wrote:
Quote:

Shhh... Hear that?

That's the sound of... THAT'S that sound of your respect evaporating? Because of DOGS? The Shanghai police? The police of a state with one of the worst human rights records in the modern world?! A one-party totalitarian state where you can be executed on a whim for spreading ideas? A state that excuted more people than all other countries in the world last year? AND IT TOOK KILLING SOME FUCKING DOGS TO GET RID OF YOUR RESPECT?!
But dissenters don't have wet-puppy eyes. But yeah, you took the words out of my mouth.
Germ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Overkill and laziness all at once? Reply with quote

Three people have contracted rabies and died. Therefore we must kill all dogs. Also, we need not worry about any of the other small mammals that can carry rabies. They will be of no consequence.
Fhqwhgads

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
*kaboom*
Easy bro... little joke there... Sad
Admittedly maybe not that funny... but what the hell.

Last edited by Fhqwhgads on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But now what will they eat?
TB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats.
maniac_wolfman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: China and dogs! Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Halen wrote:
Fhqwhgads wrote:
Quote:

Shhh... Hear that?

But dissenters don't have wet-puppy eyes. But yeah, you took the words out of my mouth.

Personally, a dog being beaten to death hits me harder than a persons life being ended the same way.

But I hate people so maybe I'm biased.
Him

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This came to mind:

Fhqwhgads

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
This came to mind:

fixed 'cause PBF has moved.

But really, who wouldn't make the same choice? Buncha fuckin viral bipeds?

Or PUPPIES.
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: LOL 1984 reference yeah but no china is insane Reply with quote

Uncle Taylorbell wrote:
So how much cheaper is it to send out doggy death squads, than to substantially increase rabies vaccination?

We have always been at war with canineia.
andrew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Overkill and laziness all at once? Reply with quote

Germ wrote:
Three people have contracted rabies and died. Therefore we must kill all dogs. Also, we need not worry about any of the other small mammals that can carry rabies. They will be of no consequence.

This reminds me of the mindset of America's democratic party: "let's cater to the lowest common denominator, and attack problems only from the visible side!"

<sigh>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: