Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

China and dogs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: i am saying that liberals are dumb, everyone wins Reply with quote

I want to think your comparison apt, but there's two major problems!

1. The statement could go both ways -- the Democratic party's defense being that, involving social policy, domestic liberal policy tends to address root causes far more often than domestic conservative policy does, which sticks more often to 'surface' reactive policy. Education & welfare v. prison industrial, healthcare reform v. malpractice liability reform, etc etc

2. There's no mindset in the Democratic party. A mindset requires that there be brainwave activity.
andrew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: i am saying that liberals are dumb, everyone wins Reply with quote

Marik wrote:
I want to think your comparison apt, but there's two major problems!

1. The statement could go both ways -- the Democratic party's defense being that, involving social policy, domestic liberal policy tends to address root causes far more often than domestic conservative policy does, which sticks more often to 'surface' reactive policy. Education & welfare v. prison industrial, healthcare reform v. malpractice liability reform, etc etc

Yeah, and I didn't mean it as a comparison to the right, but as a comparison to, well, common sense (which is, apparently, anything but common. Shame on me!).

Quote:
2. There's no mindset in the Democratic party. A mindset requires that there be brainwave activity.

Touche, sir.
Valp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a picture of that in a newspaper today. Not just a random picture of a dead dog or so but a picture of four chinese policemen with 5-foot sticks beating a dog to death on an open street.

It kinda gave todays good spirits a sour taste
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: kangaroo court? lol, they wish Reply with quote

La la la, what a wonderful cycle. It's amazing that it takes a story where Chinese squads have to start going on brutal, authoritarian dog-clubbing raids before a lot of people start catching on to exactly how ass-backwards China's ruling party is. It's a nice 'tip of the iceberg' story, though.

People will chance on it and maybe be drawn to the other stuff, like China harvesting prisoners for the body organ trade =^_^=
Apt Comparator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: kangaroo court? lol, they wish Reply with quote

Marik wrote:
People will chance on it and maybe be drawn to the other stuff, like China harvesting prisoners for the body organ trade =^_^=

This reminds me of the mindset of America's movie business: "Let's put out sequels instead of new artistic visions by independent directors!"
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: i am wearing headphones not earmuffs Reply with quote

Ooh, brutal dictatorship in a 'hollywood repackaging' format.

Looks like as good a time as any to play my "V for VENDETTA"-stylez world conquest .. in the NEW forum!

Dusty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

start marginally thought provoking up again!
andrew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<myheadasplode>
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to think of something to say. It's horrible. Nightmarish. Grotesque. And a PR nightmare for China, who really doesn't seem to care very much about PR nightmares because they keep doing nightmarish shit. BUT IT'S ALL OKAY BECAUSE THEY HAVE NUKES AND A SHIT-TON OF CANNON FODDER AND, OH YEAH, HAVE A HUGE PERCENTAGE OF THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET. Sad

PS. Andrew, I take it you've never read Sam's comic that he made. Also, since he now has an honest to gosh artist willing to draw for him... MAYBE HE SHOULD START IT UP AGAIN.
andrew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsFrisby wrote:
I have been trying to think of something to say. It's horrible. Nightmarish. Grotesque. And a PR nightmare for China, who really doesn't seem to care very much about PR nightmares because they keep doing nightmarish shit. BUT IT'S ALL OKAY BECAUSE THEY HAVE NUKES AND A SHIT-TON OF CANNON FODDER AND, OH YEAH, HAVE A HUGE PERCENTAGE OF THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET. Sad

PS. Andrew, I take it you've never read Sam's comic that he made. Also, since he now has an honest to gosh artist willing to draw for him... MAYBE HE SHOULD START IT UP AGAIN.

I never read it, but if the above is a reasonably astute example, I recommend immediate syndication and/or onanism.
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew wrote:

I never read it, but if the above is a reasonably astute example, I recommend immediate syndication and/or onanism.

Ags hosted all of them somewhere, because the website Sam originally had them hosted on is hosed regarding his comic. And he'd lost all the comics in a hard drive crash. Anyone have that link?
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait.. I found it.

MTP
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: wakka wakka Reply with quote

I could write something like that pretty regularly but the graphical element? It was like a billion hours in photoshop. My comic is unlike it because it was put in a media format that I could push out regularly and with some degree of continuity. Thus making it text heavy and experimental.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sam,
I feel I must direct your attention to the Super Hero thread, in which maniac_wolfman has in fact offered to make a Sinfest forums comic should you be willing to write it.
A sinfest forums comic.
I feel as well that I must further direct your attention to my shameless begging in that same thread, and back it up with some more here:

Puhleeeeeeeease!

Also, China is messed up yo.
smeat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait just a fucking second here. Sam wrote Marginally Thought Provoking? I read those awhile ago. Long before I read sinfest. That is fucking wierd.

By the way, I <3 Sam.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture."  - Ray Mummert, creationist, Dover Pennsylvania, 2005
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: