welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I woke up and my childhood became retro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyStrider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else remember this

It's not quite retro, but at the speed we're going it's going to be by Thursday.
kame

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astroboy, motherfuckin' Astroboy. I lived in the sticks so we got a bunch of oldie cartoons. 70's era spiderman (still the best god damn version of that intro song, except for the ramones version). I was old enough to want a thundercat and a transformer, then forgot both when the Turtles came around. I'm only 25, and they're already repackaging my childhood, aren't I supposed to be 50, or something? I swear to god, if I see someone sporting a tri-colored (pink, blue, green), neon windbreaker, I will blow up the planet.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyStrider wrote:
Does anyone else remember this

I never could stick with that show while it ran. It came off as trying to be a Bucky O'Hare ripoff at the time.
CopperTop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:
oo i love how everyone is playing the 'lets nitpick at everything dusty says " game. I bet your ass is still in the past with some kind of outdated windows os. My system may not have fancy doodads (that im guessing you didnt assemble yourself) but with the right version of linux it can run circles around your "ooo look at the shinys box." i also happen to have a 21" display. And you're out of touch because any one with that kind of money to spend on pc componets should know that that kind of system constitutes water cooling.

Yeah, spent $950 and let my partner in crime build the machine because while he's replaced every one of the parts at one time or another, he'd never built a machine from the ground up. Never assume someone didn't build a machine - only machine in my family that I didn't build is the laptop my brother just bought.

Display unit sizes should ideally be selected according to the applications to be used. The machine that is primarily a web surfer has a 17" flat panel, the bedroom is small and doesn't need more than a 19" because the PC is at the foot of the bed and when watching TV in full screen mode, is just the right size. The den PC has a 19" flat panel for most applications, such as word processing and email, but when working on web pages and photo editing - then the desktop gets switched to the 32" widescreen monitor.

We have one PC running Windows ME simply because my daughter enjoys her old Win 95 games. The other five run either Windows XP pro or Windows Media Center, depending on the primary function of the system. It doesn't make sense for me to be running Linux at home if I'm supporting Windows 2k/XP and the associated applications on the job - it's easier to keep up my skills if I have the applications right to hand to experiment with.
Valp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was getting some stuff for last nights dinner and I saw this PC Gamer-esque magazine which had the text RETRO GAME OF THE MONTH: OCARINA OF TIME.
I felt a little sting of age then
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valp wrote:
So I was getting some stuff for last nights dinner and I saw this PC Gamer-esque magazine which had the text RETRO GAME OF THE MONTH: OCARINA OF TIME.
I felt a little sting of age then

Don't be stung by stupidity.
N64 isn't retro. In fact, it's by that standard that I still judge games.
Though I guess technically since it'll be two generations behind pretty soon it's "retro" as in going backwards instead of forwards.
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At two of the houses I go to often, there are 360's and N64's.

The N64 gets more playtime, mostly on account of Smash Bros.
Valp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the Wii just because the new Smash Brothers trailer made me laugh.

But nothing beats Street Fighter 2 on SNES, except bushido blade. But I'm a sucker for realism
Desire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CopperTop wrote:
Dusty wrote:
oo i love how everyone is playing the 'lets nitpick at everything dusty says " game. I bet your ass is still in the past with some kind of outdated windows os. My system may not have fancy doodads (that im guessing you didnt assemble yourself) but with the right version of linux it can run circles around your "ooo look at the shinys box." i also happen to have a 21" display. And you're out of touch because any one with that kind of money to spend on pc componets should know that that kind of system constitutes water cooling.

Yeah, spent $950 and let my partner in crime build the machine because while he's replaced every one of the parts at one time or another, he'd never built a machine from the ground up. Never assume someone didn't build a machine - only machine in my family that I didn't build is the laptop my brother just bought.

Display unit sizes should ideally be selected according to the applications to be used. The machine that is primarily a web surfer has a 17" flat panel, the bedroom is small and doesn't need more than a 19" because the PC is at the foot of the bed and when watching TV in full screen mode, is just the right size. The den PC has a 19" flat panel for most applications, such as word processing and email, but when working on web pages and photo editing - then the desktop gets switched to the 32" widescreen monitor.

We have one PC running Windows ME simply because my daughter enjoys her old Win 95 games. The other five run either Windows XP pro or Windows Media Center, depending on the primary function of the system. It doesn't make sense for me to be running Linux at home if I'm supporting Windows 2k/XP and the associated applications on the job - it's easier to keep up my skills if I have the applications right to hand to experiment with.

I <3 Marie.
Jinx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

narcissist
Desire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, the name is just a bonus. ;D
JohnnyStrider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any joy I find from recalling old ass shows is instantly killed by the weak ass modem I am currently on.
No one I know seems to remember this
or this.
I was starting to think I halucinated them both.

Sam wrote:

I'm adding you to the list of people I need to own in this game.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: it's one of the few games I still beat everyone at Reply with quote

JohnnyStrider wrote:
Sam wrote:

I'm adding you to the list of people I need to own in this game.

I will guess, based on my knowledge of the game (I'm the top of the heap, hereabouts) and of your extreme fighter-game coordination, that you too will have a profound appreciation of reverse air smash moves.
JohnnyStrider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be one of those situations where the sheer might of our badassery cracks the ground and shakes the earth, isn't it?
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: they are what keep the games hereabouts from being close Reply with quote

I KNEW it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: