welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fox News Inescapable
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Fox News Inescapable Reply with quote

Quote:
Changing the Channel

Monday , August 07, 2006

By Steve Doocy

Dear Friends of "FOX & Friends,"

Hope you had a terrific weekend and are ready for another week of cable-casting!

Over the weekend I was lucky enough to travel to Colorado to visit with some of my Kansas friends and I noticed something important: Of all the televisions on in the Colorado Springs airport, the only news channel anybody was watching... was FOX News! Even though I wasn't on "FOX & Friends" that day, I watched Brian, Alisyn and Judge Napolitano taking care of the crowd on FOX Fan Friday. I also saw Judge Napolitano apparently drink a beer on live television. Next time I see him, I've got to ask him... if he has another.

Ten years ago when you'd travel through an airport or past an appliance store window, or a hotel lobby, the LAST channel you'd see on the television was FOX News. That's because we were just starting because we were on in so few homes, not that many people had even heard of FOX News. But then over the years and after covering every big story of the last decade people started noticing our shows and realized they didn't have to go to the antique networks for their news, it was in fact right there on FOX!

Nowadays, I see FOX News on instead of all the other channels EVERYWHERE! During the summer when we have so many visitors from out of town stop by our windows, occasionally some will complain, "My hotel doesn't have FOX!" then of course I'll just tell them to leave the hotel and sleep on the granite in front of our building near our Jumbotron. So far none has opted for the granite bed, but they do show up early and watch the show from outside the building. In reality, watching the televisions on our building give them a better view than actually looking in the windows. There's only so much of the back of our heads that any sane person can take. Look! Steve has split ends!"

FOX is not however on in every single building in America yet. So here's my suggestion: If you go someplace and they've got a television and it's tuned to another channel, when in fact you'd like to watch FOX News, just ask if the person with the controller will allow you to change the channel. Nine out of 10 times they'll say, "Sure!" After all they are businesses and they like to keep their customers happy. But for the hardliners who won't change their channel from where it's parked, there's an easy remedy: Just sing FOX News theme songs off-key until they beg you to stop. Start with a medley of Cavuto, Greta and Gibson and then bring it home with a stanza of Shep and O'Reilly and then a big finish that you've heard a million times on our show... the "FOX & Friends" theme!

E-mail me with stories about how you've asked to change the channels and what happened, I'm interested in hearing them!

Have a great day, see you in the morning,

Steve Doocy

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207309,00.html

Stopping just shy of state sponsored television? How about a counter campaign to have every station turned to PBS? Hm?
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox is a product just like most everything else so I am not surprised at this tactic. However, I am surprised at how many people really do watch Fox. ::shudders::

PBS is way cooler but what about the Food Network? Oh, or the history channel or Discovery! Damn people not wanting to learn!

mouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....well, maybe 1/3 of the american people _are_ stupid enough to believe the government blew up the twin towers - if they are being bombarded by fox news 24/7.

what's the channel that televises congress? we should ask to have _that_ one on all the time.
Marik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: o'reeeeeeeeeallllly Reply with quote

The reason he saw Fox on every screen was because he was in Colorado Springs.

I hardly ever, ever, ever see Fox News presented anywhere here or in Denver. I saw it once in a post office, but never on any consecutive visit.

Not too long ago, I was doing a kitchen remodel in a house where the owner was letting his down-on-his-luck father stay. He was about 70, and he would putter around the house, harrumphing and watching Hannity & Colmes and whatsisname .. the falafel guy. It was about the only time I've chanced upon Fox News being played in a house.
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, having lived in parts of the South, I can say that Fox news is on quite a lot in public places. Even in Cheyenne, I took my kids to one of those buffet pizza places to eat and they had NOTHING on but FoxNews. I made those poor kids eat very quickly. It was just.. ugh.
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: it is not going to eat your kids -- OR IS IT Reply with quote

Sheesh, Kristi, it's just a news channel Very Happy
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. It wasn't for THEIR sake that I was making them hurry. I was having a hard time eating pizza and snorting in disgust simultaneously.
maniac_wolfman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That why I stick to Teletoon and Adult Swim. With brief stints of Discovery channel for Mythbusters.

Immaturity fuel at it's finest. Screw the world and knowing what happens in it.
Marik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Also, Nova Reply with quote

Don't forget Good Eats with Alton Brown.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse: C-Span?

It is everywhere in the south. I was at a few places in Texas and Arkansas and most of the tvs were tuned to Fox. Even when there were three or more tvs, at least half (if not all!) were tuned to Fox. ::skews up her nose in disgust:: My dad watches Fox and he said the other day that politics couldn't possibly be influenced by big oil.

Interesting side note: MSNBC had some show that was saying how Ann Coulter's new book was bunk because while she may have referenced her new articles correctly, the news articles that were being referenced had nothing to do with what she was talking about. It was amusing.

cletusowns

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE TV IN THE TEXAS CAPITAL HAD CNN PLAYING. OBVIOUS BIAS AND GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY.

AND ONCE I SAW IT ON THE TVS IN OHARE.

THE PLOT THICKENS>!>!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Also, Nova Reply with quote

Marik wrote:
Don't forget Good Eats with Alton Brown.

And Modern Marvels.

-Slick
cletusowns

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I find it incredibly humorous that someone could be so bothered by what channel the TV is turned to that they would rush through a meal to leave.

I switch through all of the news channels when I am watching TV and I honestly don't see the big deal other than Fox in the field reporters having a streak of drama queen in them. But then again most field reporters do.

This thread is good for a chuckle, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well fox news has shows like the o'reilly factor, in which bill o'reilly manages to say something bigoted or hateful pretty much every show. it can be pretty infuriating.

but then again, as you know, i'm too sensitive.
cletusowns

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lily wrote:
well fox news has shows like the o'reilly factor, in which bill o'reilly manages to say something bigoted or hateful pretty much every show. it can be pretty infuriating.

but then again, as you know, i'm too sensitive.

O Reilly is kind of a giant douchebag. I can agree on that. Hannity and colms is somewhat interesting now and then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: