welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dear Pete, Thanks for the Fairy Dust, Love _______
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinship?
Nah, man, it's 'cause I offered you free booze. Good free booze at that.

Him

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly because I am all drugged up aswell..damn need to drink more water. Drink drink drink
nathan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A) Dennis, I may have been a bit drunk at the time of posting. This you will excuse.

B) DD, I think then it may have been Halen. I'm not sure. Also, see A. Was it you that recommended Freakonomics? Thank you, if it was.

C) Have either of you, Dennis and Dave, considered that perhaps it was you that was drunk at the time of posting, and has since forgotten? I certainly admit my own potential faults, but neither would it exactly be a statistical anomaly on your part.

D) EVERYONE, you'll notice my initial focus on tangible things. We've had varying forms of "thank you" threads before - I was aiming for something a little new. As nice as it is to say "TAYLORBELLE WITH AN E, I LOVE YOUR QUAINT ENGLISH HUMOUR WITH A U, AND MOST ESPECIALLY WHEN IT INVOLVES VARYING HUMAN EXCRETIONS AND EXPULSIONS IN SHINY LONDON BARS," however this can go on indefinitely and will typically find itself winding back to where it started, both in participants and topic.

I know y'all got shit from each other - like music and movies and a new-found obsession with stained-glass sculptures.

Aim in that general direction with your posts and you will get not only a cookie, but also a very eloquent and sincere apology for never sending you that cookie. You may think of it as a bonus, if you like.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
A) Dennis, I may have been a bit drunk at the time of posting. This you will excuse.

B) DD, I think then it may have been Halen. I'm not sure. Also, see A. Was it you that recommended Freakonomics? Thank you, if it was.

C) Have either of you, Dennis and Dave, considered that perhaps it was you that was drunk at the time of posting, and has since forgotten? I certainly admit my own potential faults, but neither would it exactly be a statistical anomaly on your part.

I didnt recommend freakonomics either. And I would be surprised if, even at my drunkest, Id recommended things Id never seen/heard.
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for

Last edited by Usagi Miyamoto on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Digital Dragon wrote:
nathan wrote:

I didnt recommend freakonomics either. And I would be surprised if, even at my drunkest, Id recommended things Id never seen/heard.

I, on the other hand, am renowned for enthusiastically demanding people read/see/listen to things I have no idea what they are when I've been drinking.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be pretty hilarious.
Guccipiggy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it Kara that recommended Freakonomics? I remember I said I was about to read it and Kara said omgitrocks or something.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: and with the laser beam vision and .. punch fist Reply with quote

I reccomend freakonomics.

Seriously. Search for it on the old forum -- there's a lot of me talking about it.

There's seriously a chapter about how Superman fucking ended the KKK. No joke. Superman totally hosed them.
nathan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Digital Dragon wrote:
nathan wrote:

THESE ARE HORRIBLE FALSE LIES.

You know, the longer this shit goes on the more I'm starting to wonder whether I've really spent the last few years slowly attributing all of Sam's references and recommendations to other people. How sad for you all. Really, DD, you need to see the machinist AND read freakonomics. Or at the very least, start telling me you did.

And thank you, Kara, for not only a freakonomics recommendation but also for everything ever written by Albert Camus, with which I have since become a bit twitchily obsessed.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: a convoluted red form with a linear green attachment Reply with quote

I'm going to assume that you will also read or have read The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, by Oliver Sacks.
Zanthina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's been sitting on my shelf for about a year now. I need to take a stab at actually picking it up one day.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mouse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: and with the laser beam vision and .. punch fist Reply with quote

Sam wrote:

There's seriously a chapter about how Superman fucking ended the KKK. No joke. Superman totally hosed them.

this is enough to make _me_ go look for freakonomics.

and i got a lovely stained glass dragonfly from the major.

it is in my bedroom window and i see the sun shining through it every morning (at least, the mornings that are sunny).
Dro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: a convoluted red form with a linear green attachment Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
I'm going to assume that you will also read or have read The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, by Oliver Sacks.

That book made me ponder more deeply what it means to be a thinking, conscious human more than any philosophy tract.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: and with the laser beam vision and .. punch fist Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Sam wrote:

this is enough to make _me_ go look for freakonomics.

I'm guessing it had something to do with the fact that a reporter infiltrated the Klan in Atlanta all undercover-like and gave away their secrets to the writers of a Superman radio show for kicks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: