welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My dinner with Wayne White

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: My dinner with Wayne White Reply with quote

I'm feeling pretty good so long story short it's the guy who used to be just under Condoleeza and I can't remember how the fuck to spell his name...anywho I got to bathe in the font of political knowledge that spews from his brain and lemme tell ya it was pretty mind blowing...more tomorrow when I'm sober. O he likes rum btw.

*edit* this forum needs strikethrough tags

Last edited by Darqcyde on Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kilgore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he likes rum he's probably a fairly decent fellow, although if I ever obtain political office I will surround myself with whiskey men

-Slick
Just_A_Girl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, I was hoping it was with Wayne Campbell. Razz
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: My dinner with Wayne..um Malnekoff? Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
I'm feeling pretty good so long story short it's the guy who used to be just under Condoleeza and I can't remember how the fuck to spell his name...anywho I got to bathe in the font of political knowledge that spews from his brain and lemme tell ya it was pretty mind blowing...more tomorrow when I'm sober. O he likes rum btw.

Boy was I drunk! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Long Story short, I had dinner with Wayne White, not Malnekoff as previously stated. The confusion comes from that my boss was at the dinner and does work for the White and has so at their house since White's deceased father-in-law, Mr. Malnekoff, owned the property and still refers to them as the Malnekoffs.

Anyway he wanted someone to talk world affairs with and I was the only real taker. Needless to say I choked. I mean shit He was telling the kinda anecdotes that someone in his former position could tell. I can't go into it, but let's just say I have it on good reference that certain figures with influence in middle eastern media consider their actions to counter those of O'Reily's Exclamation I've spent the whole weekend thinking of things I could have talked about Sad Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait - you can't bring up something like this and then say you "can't get into it". are you telling us that al-jazeera or the like considers themselves the response to o'reilly?

AL-JAZEERA IS THE ANTI-O'REILLY???

....which means, of course, that he is entirely to blame for it's existance, and can be attacked for supporting terrorist supporters....or something.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
wait - you can't bring up something like this and then say you "can't get into it". are you telling us that al-jazeera or the like considers themselves the response to o'reilly?

AL-JAZEERA IS THE ANTI-O'REILLY???

....which means, of course, that he is entirely to blame for it's existance, and can be attacked for supporting terrorist supporters....or something.

someone asked someone else with influence in a certain small country if they could 'do something' about al-jazeera toning itself down. Someone else said in response "I'll take care of Al-Jazeera when you get rid of Bill O'Reilly!" Laughing
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drat...it would be wonderful to think someone could do something about bill o'reilly.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like...

...turn off the tv?
Kilgore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my media framing class last spring was anything to go by, Al Jazeera is actually a bastion of free speech, moderation, and objectivity by the standards of Arab Journalism.

-Slick
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mama

Last edited by Usagi Miyamoto on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was Willard White. I think. He owned a chocolate factory too.
jwing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that was Willy Wonka.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn't he a weatherman?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we were at the White residence today putting in some beds and a set of timber steps. I got to have another 20 minute or so chat with Wayne...about Israel... Sad Long story short he said it's going to get a lot worse before it's through and that this conflict could very likely spill over into somethign MUCH bigger. The man is really, really scared I think. Interestingly, he mentioned about Hezbollah's real power coming from Syria, not Lebanon. Anywho It's a shame I won't be able to pick his brain again probably anytime soon.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought hezbollah was heavily funded by iran - but syria has always been happy to support attacks on israel.

poor lebanon doesn't have the money even to fund itself - which is why hezbollah was defending the southern border, and not the lebanese army.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: