welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Favorite Television
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pontupo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Your Favorite Television Reply with quote

So I'm just curious about the kinds of shows people like. It doesn't really have to be current shows (I don't have television... everything I watch is Netflix or Hulu), either.

So, the shows I've been watching recently:
Just finished Babylon 5 and what's available of Mythbusters on DVD, one of my all-time favorites.

I'm now watching Battlestar Galactica the original series (on Hulu) and the more recent ones (Netflix). Which should keep me occupied for some time.

The only show I keep up with regularly (a friend tapes it) is Dexter, which I can't get enough of and is a seriously awesome show.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, im currently following:

- Heroes
- Californication
- Entourage

As well, when it resumes the new battlestar galactica. If the seasons over, ill also start watching stargate atlantis.
Willem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I watch is House, MD. I don't have a TV here in Ghent, so I barely watch anything else.

I'd like to watch Dexter and Pushing Daisies, though. (I've seen the first few episodes of both)
Celaeno

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only show I currently watch with any regularity is The Office. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I will also be watching Lost when the new season starts up again.

Oh, and I've been recording Top Chef.
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports mainly, but I need to see the conclusion to Battlestar Galactica. I'm also breathlessly anticipating the new series of Flight Of The Conchords.

I get the feeling I'd love Madmen, too, but I've never caught any of it. I might just get the dvds.
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I was just watching this bbc drama about Stan Laurel, and the guy playing Laurel was the guy who played Bishop Brennan in Father Ted.

No-one kicked him up the arse, though. Sad
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped watching heroes when it turned into a clownboat-wreck and I haven't bothered watching anything on television since.

When we get InDemand back, though, I'm sure I'll spend some nights queuing up things I want to watch in binge fashion. Television on prescribed schedules is so passť, and if I like something, there's a 90% chance I'm watching it off of InDemand or released DVD seasons, going through seven or more eps in a single day.
Pontupo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much exactly how I watch. I regularly go through 6 Netflix dvds of shows a week.... that is _so_ not something to be proud of >_<
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really loved babylon 5 - i tried to tape the whole thing, they are all probably rotting away now....i should save my pennies and see about getting it on dvd.

i've gotten into a lot of the hbo series - sopranos got me to actually subscribe, and things like the wire, deadwood and carnivale have kept me watching. doesn't seem to be too much else on, though. i like eureka, so hopefully that will have another season. i've been watching sanctuary as part of my friday-night sci-fi fix, but i haven't made up my mind about it.

what else? some odd things on the history channel - cities of the underworld, ancient discoveries(although that seems to be the same few shows all the time lately)...but it seems like everything is being overtaken by "reality" shows.
zeezee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

house
dexter (when on nbc - i have only basic basic basic cable.)
law & order, special victims unit, & criminal intent
boston legal
grey's anatomy
ER
ugly betty
big bang theory
how i met your mother
two and a half men
30 rock

CTrees

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
I stopped watching heroes when it turned into a clownboat-wreck and I haven't bothered watching anything on television since.

Oh but Sam everyone lost their powers now because of an eclipse even though most of the people had their powers before the eclipse so it makes no sense, and now they've taken away basically the one thing that was still interesting in the series, and it looks like there's a good chance that they won't have any powers for basically the rest of the season and Sam oh Sam why wouldn't you want to watch that?

Beyond Heroes, I've been watching House, The Office, and Boston Legal, along with the usual L&O and CSI randomly because they're both on at all times forever, which is pretty awesome.
Kilgore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved about six weeks ago and no longer have a television. Back when I did watch TV it was mostly Good Eats, the History Channel, and Battlestar Galactica.

-Slick
Snorri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Sony KDL-40W 4000 Bravia one. It's full HD and all that shit.

nathan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmen, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, The Office, Rome, The Daily/Report, Austin City Limits, Bill Moyers' Journal, NOW, Nova Science Now.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched TV with any kind of frequency since about February. Days go by without me seeing what's on. But today I was tuning in to PBS in HDTV, and they had a special on the Osh Kosh air show. Makes me realize how much I miss the Discovery Wings channel. Stupid military takeover!
Also I realize I need a better antenna to keep th signal longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 1 of 54

Jump to: