Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question: What's the highest resolution you've seen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smeat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to chime in and whole heartedly agreeing with everything mantismag has said.

That being the case there there is a trick you can do to make a background image look cool, while not being resolution dependent. You can make the image smaller, photoshop it so that the edges blend in with your background color and then anchor it into the upper right or upper left depending on how your site is layed out.
Demo: A blog

This would work but does require a bit of graphics skills.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture."  - Ray Mummert, creationist, Dover Pennsylvania, 2005
Marik

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: we r cool club!! Reply with quote

Black Kitty wrote:
I'm running 1600x1200.

sup 1600x1200 buddy
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mantismag wrote:
1. not everyone has broadband and remember that's time just for your background image. what about the rest of your site?

2. if you want people who aren't your friends to look at your site it's an issue

3. and people hate them

4. ok if you really don't care then this'll be my last post on the subject. i just figured since i've actually taken classes for this and spend a large portion of my time reading books and articles about it as well as of course actually creating a website or two that i ought to chime in.

Thanks again for giving me your views on this and just to reiterate; I know it's a bad idea but I still want to do it. Like having a big over the top spoiler on the back of your car, or a pimped bicycle, or a cell-phone that's so small you can't actually press the buttons.
CTrees

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running 1280x1024, the max my monitor will support, but pricing out monitors that'll do better. Problem is, my monitor has a few features like a high amount of tilt, height adjustability, and ability to rotate to landscape mode, either direction, which I really enjoy, but seem to add a bit too much for the cost for my tastes.

Highest I've seen was 4000 by something (probably 3000, but I don't remember for sure). It was on a 17" CRT, and made it completely impossible to see anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: