welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laughter is one thing...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you ever been hysterical with laughter?
I couldn't stand, I couldn't speak, I was rolling.
90%
 90%  [ 45 ]
I laughed pretty hard a few times, but that sounds painful.
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
I don't think anything is that funny.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You are weird.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 50

Willem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lily wrote:
my mom snorts when she laughs, too, so that tends to extend the duration of the mirth. cuz i'm laughing at her snorting, and she's laughing cuz i'm laughing, which just makes her snort more, and so on.

Heh. My mum has that too. She snorts and nearly starts crying. It's hilarious.

I laughed a lot during English class this year. So, a good mate of mine is very good at English (speaking it. He can't write for shit) and we're always joking around, loudly, during the English lesson. Now, he is a really funny person and when we work in groups, we always laugh. We do a lot of little plays in class and we just spend the entire lesson laughing and joking, instead of working. We just finish it at home. Most of the time, my sides literally hurt because I was laughing so hard.

When we're watching films in school, I can't sit next to that friend anymore. It's just too hilarious. We mostly annoy the entire class with our laughing. We were laughing while watching educational films, ffs.

My favorite moment was during Schindler's List. The entire class was watching the screen, where some emotional and dramatic stuff was happening. I don't quite remember, but I think it was the scene where the Germans were searching ghetto. Suddenly, my friend taps me on my shoulder. He hunches, pretends to hold a machine gun and with a singingly voice, he says: "Juuuuuuudeeeen? Oh, Juuuuuuuden? Wo sind die Juden?"
We just died.
It looked hilarious too. We were laughing, very hard, while watching Schindler's List.

The rest of the class was not pleased. Very Happy
Varst Kolcimb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My US History teacher this year has already made me do that a couple times this year. He's 26(?) and tries to lighten up his class whenever he can. Like yesterday he tells us "Well at first I wanted to be an English teacher... But then I realized my grammar sucked." And later he ptomised us a video at the end of the year. "So... I'm scared of heights, like terrified. And last year I decided I would get over my fear of heights. By going sky diving at 14,000 feet." He goes on to tell us about how he was practically crying as he was literally thrown out the plane by his sister and instructor.
Flion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a kid, I was entering the back door of our house, which had four cinderblock steps (farmhouse in Mississippi). As I step into the house, the dew on my sneakers caused me to slip on the linoleum floor. My feet shoot forward, I start to fall backward, and I manage to get my arms spread so that the door jamb is in my grasp but I can't grip tightly enough to keep upright. So I slide until my butt hits the top step, then lose my grip and continue falling out the door, my butt hitting the remaining steps until I end up flat on my back with my feet up the steps; out of breath but unhurt (not even a badly bruised butt). My mom rushes to the door to see if I'm alright (not only are the steps cinderblock but there's concrete footing there). For some reason the combination of relief at surviving, being totally unhurt, and mom's look of shock left me helplessly laughing for several minutes. Whee! It was a fun ride but I don't think I could do it again. Razz
Katrin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teacher: Alright, there are some jobs for Blind Guides. Basically what you do is help out your assigned blind person, like buying groceries for them, helping them cross the street, etc.

Friend: Oh that sounds interesting.

Teacher: Yes, the pay is mininum wage, but it's great to help out these people.

Friend: Cool, but are there any requirements? Like... do we need to know... like sign language?

roflmao
Spanky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I remember this is because it's been retold so many times by my parents. My Dad told me this incredible bedtime story that he was just making up on the spot. It was about a bunch of aliens who came to Earth and were greeted by a bunch of humans. They were identical to except they ate and spoke with their butts. It was absolutely hilarious. He explained how they ate, talked, even how they went to the bathroom. A pretty disgusting story actually.
Anyway, I was laughing so hard I could barely breath. I actually had an asthma attack and we had to go to the hospital. Good times?
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm like wheels - i know i've laughed that hard, but i can't remember what about.

i _do_ remember causing someone to laugh like that. i have long, thick hair - had it all through high school and college. my mom was always after me to _do_ something with it - in particular, she wanted me to curl it. so finally, one weekend when i was home from college, i decided to be a good daughter and let her curl my hair. she was using the pink plastic curlers, with the two halves that snap together and the teeth. anyway, she got my hair all done up and dried, and then she started to take the curlers out. she got the first one or two out ok, then the next one got tangled up in the curler. so after a bit of effort, she decides to get the rest of them, and come back for the that one.

except the next one tangles too. and the one after that. and the one after that...except by this time, part of the problem is that my mom is helpless with laughter. i mean, she's trying to apologize for laughing, and she can't even get _that_ out. i was absolutely furious - i thought i was going to have to cut all my hair off to get the blasted things out - but looking back on it, i must have looked pretty funny.

we did get them out eventually - and i don't think she ever again mentioned curling my hair.
strangemusic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister and I can be doing ANYTHING, glance at each other, and suddenly burst into uncontrollable laughter for no freaking reason, gasping "what?!" at each other... my dad used to hate it when we were little, in his usual total OCD about table manners.. "what's so funny? Stop laughing at the table please!" which only made use howl even harder.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A discussion that was spawned from the Happa Tai video Yatta. She ended up snorting soda up her nose chortling at the fig leaves and we were rolling for like five or ten minutes.
strangemusic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, once in the WORST place possible, ie. during a rowing dryland practice... we're running up and down this goddamn hill because the water's too rough to do REAL workouts, and I get to the bottom, and say something like "this is terrible, I feel like I've got a heart the size of an eight month old baby's!" to which my friend responds "what, does that mean the size of an eight month old baby's HEART, or the SIZE of an eight month old baby??"

Rolling Down The Hill Laughing Out Loud.... my coach was less amused.
kame

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in high school we were reading "The Outsiders" and during a class discussion the teacher asked what would happen if the oldest brother didn't have work to support the other two, and could have gone to college.

To which I replied enthusiatically, "He'd turn into a soch!"

Another classmate started giggling, and only then did I realize I pronounced the last word "sock".

I think I had giggle fits about that for two days.
JoSylva

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't even remember why it was so funny now, all i can remember is that I couldnt stop laughing. i was hanging out with some friend and i was lying along a couch with my friend Kim sitting straight on the couch with her legs over my stomach. Someone said something hilarious and i started giggling. Kim laughed at how her legs started bouncing up and down as i laughed and so she started pummelling her legs against my belly as if she were running and it made me consistently laugh and laugh until it hurt and i was crying and laughing. it was intense, but a good hit of coffee and sugar after that made it all better...

Another vaguely related moment was in art class a few years ago when my hippie teacher was having an argument with a smartass kid up the back and he said "I'm a good student!" and she put down her mug and stood up with a laugh escaping her before yelling "Don't make me snort my hot chocolate!"
The class was easily in hysterics. Guess it was a "Had to be there" moment...

By the way, I just joined. Hi Smile
Natashabi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years ago, my mom and I were sitting outside our apartment on a bench in a central park area with grass and trees and squirrels. We were just sitting there, enjoying the day when this squirrel started doing backflips off the base of one of the trees. He would run up to the tree, and then go up just a little bit and flip back to the ground. My mom and I stared the first time he did it, and with each repeat performance we laughed more and more. After a few minutes we were barely able to breathe and the squirrel was still doing acrobatics off the tree.
Marik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: O SHIT MAVIS BEACON IS BACK RUN Reply with quote

The hardest I've ever laughed in my life involved a fictitious on-the-spot hypothetical yarn I wove involving a four-foot-tall inbred dependant incontinent phobic manchild by the name of "Lightning Pissball"

-- it was all situationally relevant, but don't ask how.

Good god, I laughed so hard I nearly passed out. We all did. Literal rolling and everything.

Once I had Buttlord GT read to me while drunk.

I watched Arfenhouse and Arfenhouse 2 while drunk.
Yorick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had just arrived at work one evening (7p-3a shift) and was checking my mailbox when a co-worker that I didn't like who happened to be standing right there looked at me in a certain way that suddenly set me off in a giggle fit that lasted around half an hour. I had to go outside and sit down. I still don't have an explanation for that, 12 years later.
Siowa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to write it in english so it will be funny.
I was sittng with my friend at a bus stop. Next to us there was a lady with abaut 5 year-old. Kid was blowing sand from the bench.
-Mommy, mommy I have a new job! I will blow the sand!
-That's nice...
-I have a blow job mommy!
-What?
-I will do all the blow jobs in the town! Laughing

WE thought we'll choke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: