welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's BIG Frickin' Horror: Austrian Sex Slave Freed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choo-Choo!
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:
Still, she's incredibly lucky. For a person in her position. Because apparently her kidnapper wasn't that monstrous of a person and has at least managed to skive off raping the girl for a long enough time that when they found her, there were no marks of abuse. Compared to the standard of psychotic pedophile rapists, she was treated like a queen.

Or like, you know. She decided that after those 8 years of constant rape, she might as well not resist and get it over with. Or stuff like Stockholmsyndrome.

Oh, and Willem. That last post made me giggle.

Feiticeira

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Katrin wrote:
Still, she's incredibly lucky. For a person in her position. Because apparently her kidnapper wasn't that monstrous of a person and has at least managed to skive off raping the girl for a long enough time that when they found her, there were no marks of abuse. Compared to the standard of psychotic pedophile rapists, she was treated like a queen.

Or like, you know. She decided that after those 8 years of constant rape, she might as well not resist and get it over with.

Quite. Katrin, I really hope someone puts a knife through your throat.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flion wrote:
mouse wrote:
wow - it's incredible that she was found. her family must be on air.

Doubtful. This is a case where knowing might be worse than not ever finding closure. After eight years they may have been fairly well adjusted (as much as possible not knowing) and now a whole new horrible can of worms is opened up. Add the fact that she may not reintegrate with them easily after her experience and I wouldn't be surprised if some more suicides occur. I'm not being heartless here; I feel sad for the entire family.

no, i know it will be rough - for her, and for them - but i really doubt that they every _really_ adjusted to her disappearance. one finds a way to live with it - but i think you still spend the rest of your life wondering and worrying.

they still have worries - but now they have her back, and have the hope that she will have a decent life.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think her mental age and social adaptability is going to depend on what her captor allowed her to be exposed to. I wouldn't be suprised if she suffers MORE damage once she fully realizes what was done to her, but then again who knows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Willem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the mother of the girl on TV yesterday. She was crying tears of joy. She said she knew her daughter was still alive.
Desire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it near impossible to believe that the parents won't be happy to have her back in their life. Just to know she isn't dead and is still alive has to be a HUGE relief and blessing for them. Not many parents would wish their child dead (or still missing) rather then returned to them, even after 50 years.

But yeah, I agree, it will probably be a horrible adjustment for the girls. Children will get used to abuse and even come to accept it as normal. Emotionally, this will have to be hellish for her (the adjustments she'll have to make and realizations that will come). And even if the guy was home-schooling her (though that would probably defeat his seeming purpose), she'll still have so much to catch up on intellectually as well.

It is a horrid thing to have to go through, and I can only be happy she can be reunited with her family now and hope her struggles to find some kind of normalcy in her life are as minimal as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: