welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A book of science.... A book of Irony.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychology is.. much more of a statistical science, this is true, but to say that it is mostly all untrue, is wrong. Be more specific.
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iscariot wrote:
Quote:
The book E-Boy describes sounds like a good summary of psychology 101. And it's all true.

Psychology 101 is not all true, infact very little of it is. The standard social science model which modern and classical psychology is based on, suffers from a serious of major logical defects in its underlying principles, that make the science as a whole, less than... well a science.

Its illogical, irrational, has little evidence and is just plain wrong in most cases. If anyone wants references to do the research themselves, i'll be glad to provide.

Sorry, but once again, the standard social science model, and standard psychology because of it, are BULLSHIT.

You're a scientologist, aren't you?
mouse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's what _i_ was thinking!

it explains so much about his arguments...
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take issue with the methodologies and axioms of psychology without being a Scientologist.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: bullshit here, lots of it Reply with quote

Iscariot wrote:
Sorry, but once again, the standard social science model, and standard psychology because of it, are BULLSHIT.

Hi, I'm double-majoring in psychology and sociology. I may be in a convenient position to defend my bullshit.

If you could expand your lack of confidence in my fields of study through query, I would be more than happy to answer questions about the practice.

Despite the bias I will probably manifest ('not thinking that it is bullshit') perhaps I can expand an understanding of the social sciences.
rm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
rm wrote:
quite a lot

How do you know all this rm? What are you basing it on? I thought the whole boundary between consciousness and unconciousness was a lot more vague and complicated than being "divided into conscious and unconscious layers"

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, or hold popular and/or academic views on the matter. I glean my information from many sources (not the least of which is my imagination) and then argue my points as if they were fact. blame my subconscious. anyway, yeah, it's more complicated than what I made it out to be in that statement. no argument there. I guess I was just trying to make a simple point in a simple way so that iscarot could understand it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: