welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sunday playlist. Sponsored by JOHNDOMS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Yorick



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 12101
Location: In the undersnow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually just post what I'm presently listening to.
_________________
Currently experiencing: not summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
smeat



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 542
Location: Shmocation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drui wrote:
Celaeno wrote:
Traditional Okinawan music because I'm in a weird mood:

Kanasando - Chibariyo Hawaii 1988

(Please please don't review this. You're going to hate it, and then I'm going to be sad.)

Can't be worse than Deerhoof.


HEY! What's wrong with Deerhoof. I <3 The Runners Four. Spirit Ditties of No Tone is AWESOME! That bass line is thick lovemaking.
_________________
Allowed to live by the good graces of Deleted, Shh.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture."  - Ray Mummert, creationist, Dover Pennsylvania, 2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hype



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late on this one but nevertheless...

Europe - The Final Countdown

Reason for this one... well my and some friends were recently discussing noteworthy songs from the 80's and this topped our list.
_________________
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug...

-Hunter S. Thompson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halen



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 1883
Location: England

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my song was because it's just a very funny, very good, wonderful song.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willem



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 6306
Location: wasteland style

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Kitty wrote:
Willem wrote:
Wolfmother - Woman
<3


<3 back to you.

I currently love Wolfmother. In case you haven't heard of them, they're a band who play old school rock. You know, like Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple and such.
I love and still listen to this kind of bands. I've always wondered why music like that wasn't being made anymore. So, naturally, I'm glad that Wolfmother exists. I've seen some of their concerts on TV and I can safely say that they're awesome. I also saw an interview and now I think they're batshit crazy. Also, the lead singer/guitarist has an afro, I think.

I mostly pick a song I think other people should hear or at least one I love, myself.
_________________
attitude of a street punk, only cutting selected words out of context to get onself excuse to let one's dirty mouth loose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smeat



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 542
Location: Shmocation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Willem, you should check out Tiger Bear Wolf. I posted a song of theirs awhile ago. Here let me check.

Ohhh yeah, this review on Cokemachineglow.com has a few songs for download.

They are awesome pure rock.
_________________
Allowed to live by the good graces of Deleted, Shh.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture."  - Ray Mummert, creationist, Dover Pennsylvania, 2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
crossbow
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Kitty wrote:
Rusted Root - Send Me On My Way


i am wearing a rusted root shirt today. hooray!
Back to top
JohnnyStrider



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 1619
Location: The Northeast Coast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baxter - Gonna make it there
Yeah yeah... I'm all kinds of late, but hey I'm STILL in before the review.
Not quite sure how to describe this one. "Chill" is too generic.


urthona wrote:
RJD2 - Ghostwriter

This has been the JohnnyStrider theme song since July '05. Good motherfuckin choice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
strangemusic



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 305
Location: Vancouver, BC and Kingston, ONT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyStrider wrote:
Baxter - Gonna make it there
Yeah yeah... I'm all kinds of late, but hey I'm STILL in before the review.
Not quite sure how to describe this one. "Chill" is too generic.


urthona wrote:
RJD2 - Ghostwriter

This has been the JohnnyStrider theme song since July '05. Good motherfuckin choice.



further props to Ghostwriter, I love that song and RJ in general.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willem



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 6306
Location: wasteland style

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smeat wrote:
Hey Willem, you should check out Tiger Bear Wolf. I posted a song of theirs awhile ago. Here let me check.

Ohhh yeah, this review on Cokemachineglow.com has a few songs for download.

They are awesome pure rock.


I totally read that as Tiger Bear Golf. I'm checking this out now.

Edit:I'm listening to the song:

Uhm...

They really can't sing.

Screaming is what they do.

Their music is good, but I just can't hear it over them screaming.

Okay, their music is very good.

Result: Okay, I know you don't have to be good at singing to rock, but screaming is *not* good. No thanks. Call me when they get rid of their screaming frontman.
_________________
attitude of a street punk, only cutting selected words out of context to get onself excuse to let one's dirty mouth loose


Last edited by Willem on Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snorri



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10878
Location: hiding the decline.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wu Tang Clan - Hollow Bones
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4180
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smeat wrote:
Drui wrote:
Celaeno wrote:
Traditional Okinawan music because I'm in a weird mood:

Kanasando - Chibariyo Hawaii 1988

(Please please don't review this. You're going to hate it, and then I'm going to be sad.)

Can't be worse than Deerhoof.


HEY! What's wrong with Deerhoof. I <3 The Runners Four. Spirit Ditties of No Tone is AWESOME! That bass line is thick lovemaking.
Come See the Duck.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smeat



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 542
Location: Shmocation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
smeat wrote:
Hey Willem, you should check out Tiger Bear Wolf. I posted a song of theirs awhile ago. Here let me check.

Ohhh yeah, this review on Cokemachineglow.com has a few songs for download.

They are awesome pure rock.


I totally read that as Tiger Bear Golf. I'm checking this out now.

Edit:I'm listening to the song:

Uhm...

They really can't sing.

Screaming is what they do.

Their music is good, but I just can't hear it over them screaming.

Okay, their music is very good.

Result: Okay, I know you don't have to be good at singing to rock, but screaming is *not* good. No thanks. Call me when they get rid of their screaming frontman.


You are right about the screaming unfortunately. :-/ However, they can play the fuck out of the guitar. There are a couple of other songs on the album that have a lot less screaming in them. More like Input, Output.

Man, listening to these guys while writing this up just made me happy. They play rock guitar better than almost any band I have ever heard, really they do.
_________________
Allowed to live by the good graces of Deleted, Shh.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture."  - Ray Mummert, creationist, Dover Pennsylvania, 2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
smeat



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 542
Location: Shmocation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
smeat wrote:
Drui wrote:
Celaeno wrote:
Traditional Okinawan music because I'm in a weird mood:

Kanasando - Chibariyo Hawaii 1988

(Please please don't review this. You're going to hate it, and then I'm going to be sad.)

Can't be worse than Deerhoof.


HEY! What's wrong with Deerhoof. I <3 The Runners Four. Spirit Ditties of No Tone is AWESOME! That bass line is thick lovemaking.
Come See the Duck.


OK, I have not heard this song, but now I have to. I am however confused as to which side of the debate you are on here.
_________________
Allowed to live by the good graces of Deleted, Shh.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture."  - Ray Mummert, creationist, Dover Pennsylvania, 2005
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Willem



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 6306
Location: wasteland style

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smeat wrote:
You are right about the screaming unfortunately. :-/ However, they can play the fuck out of the guitar. There are a couple of other songs on the album that have a lot less screaming in them. More like Input, Output.

Man, listening to these guys while writing this up just made me happy. They play rock guitar better than almost any band I have ever heard, really they do.


Don't go too far. Wink I've heard others that play better. They are bloody good, though. They just need a singer. Or maybe they should just consider just playing and no singing.
_________________
attitude of a street punk, only cutting selected words out of context to get onself excuse to let one's dirty mouth loose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group