Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney's Plans for Marvel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Death Ray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Disney's Plans for Marvel Reply with quote

From the AP:

The Walt Disney company’s purchase of Marvel Entertainment this week apparently came as a surprise to Disney’s president and CEO Robert A. Iger.

“Really? We didn’t own Marvel already? Jesus, we own everything else. I just found a receipt for the Atlantic Ocean on my desk the other day,” said Iger . “But okay, great. We own Marvel. Just tell them to find something to do and stay the hell out of my way after I come back from cocktails.”

The sale of Marvel is being greeted with excitement by all those who look forward to the venerable comics company dropping any pretense of being in the comics business.

“Imagine if God gave himself an enema. That is the capacity we now have to shit merch into the world’s dollar stores!” said Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada over his TeamSpeak line in a game of EVE-Online. “We won’t have to put out these fucking floppies at all! Which is great news, since most of our customer base qualifies for Medicare.”

Reportedly, there will be a few cosmetic changes to Marvel’s iconic cast of heroes (see below). Qesada says that fans should not be bothered.

“Don’t like it? Fuck yourself with Mjolnir while I a go eat 50 lb. rib-eye served with a reduction of komodo dragon’s blood at Spago’s! I’ve got more money than the TARP fund now!”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh great. You're back.
picturesofsky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg lol!
Ironically, Halen's one of the few people here I wouldn't worry about terrifying my friends and family. In my head he ends every real life conversation stroking his chin and saying, "well yes, that sounds reasonable."
CTrees

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your comedic talent is as impressive as ever.
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death ray's writings pretty much come off as someone exuberantly trying to be relevant and funny but not quite having what he needs to pull it off. It's like an imperfect pantomime of humor, I guess.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's as if someone told a six yr old he's funny
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double thread dude
read first Confused
Darkman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
double thread dude
read first Confused

Or at least take a cursory glance... i mean it's not like the original thread was way down at the bottom of the page or anything...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: