welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange days and epiphanies....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Strange days and epiphanies.... Reply with quote

Wow, been odd lately. One of the reasons I haven't been around too much.

In a nutshell though the pieces have finally come together and suddenly.... Well, for lack of a better way to put it, suddenly it all makes sense, the problems, while not gone, have receded and things just don't get in the way anymore. The timing isn't perfect, but the news is still good. Needless to say, as with everything else in life the lessons we learn usually don't come cheap, and this one is definitely expensive, but it's well worth it.
rm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

care to elaborate?
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rm wrote:
care to elaborate?

NO?
E-boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult to elaborate really.... Best way to put it is that a great deal of things I've been fighting like hell against pretty much won recently. For about the last nine years this has been my worst nightmare. The idea that not being able to put these issues back in the bottle would cause me no end of trouble that is.

Well, it happened. Not to be flippant about it because it really has and still does suck, but well.... It was hardly the end of the world. In point of fact, it's being dealt with rather easily and the end result is less stress, more doing the things I'm best at, and about a fifty percent reduction in all the things I've been worried about. All told, an expensive lesson to learn, but well worth it in the end.

I've always had a problem with irrational worry though. It's kind of funny that things so so damn common sense in hindsight but for nine years I either couldn't see the most obvious solution, or maybe more accurately, I didn't want to see it. Funny the knots we can tie ourselves into if we aren't paying attention to the right stuff.

In fairness to myself, the problems in question (IE the divorce and the near destroyed finances over it, the work issues, the health issues etc...) were all very much real and very much still there in many ways. It's just a matter of the fact that until recently I haven't had an opportunity to have any kind of break. With no breathing room, as it were, I ended up missing some pretty fundamental things. Recently I got that breathing room. For most of a month I was on TAD orders that involved a great deal of work, but almost no paperwork, no contact with persons in my personal life, and very little to do except think about things and sleep when I was done working. Funny now simple things got and how easy it was to put things into perspective then.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense at all, but it does to me. From here on out I'll be steering away from taking on tasks that I know are beyond me. Regardless of what my "career or evaluation" driven peers do. I can accomplish more and be happier sticking with my strengths, and working on my future civilian career (only three years away now). It all seems so very simple, but in some ways I'm just not very bright. Go figure. Smile
Agamemnon

Location: Studying somewhere. Or at least that's where I should be.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From past conversations I may have an idea what you are talking about, but you are being pretty vague.

I won't press. It's good to see you again! Feit needs another outlet to be abrasive. Very Happy

P: They don't know we know they know we know. And Joey, you can't say anything!

J: Couldn't if I wanted to.
E-boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, it wouldn't be the sinfest forum if Feit didn't do what he does best.
Yorick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dammit, eboy, put your avatar up already.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! EBOY HAS:
A) decided to kill himself! D:
B) found religion! :D
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was wondering where you had got to (physically, but psychologically is ok too).

whatever it cost you, it sounds like you are happy with where you are now - so that's a good thing. hope it all continues to make sense.

and if it does, will you explain it to the rest of us?
Dro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe e-boy will now start posting strange numbers and take over from Jinx.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-boy wrote:

I'm not sure if this makes any sense at all, but it does to me. From here on out I'll be steering away from taking on tasks that I know are beyond me. Regardless of what my "career or evaluation" driven peers do. I can accomplish more and be happier sticking with my strengths, and working on my future civilian career (only three years away now). It all seems so very simple, but in some ways I'm just not very bright. Go figure. Smile

I'd be soo disappointed if your plans didn't involve you at least trying to get a job on mythbusters Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
E-boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythbusters? Not sure how I'd qualify for that, but it sounds fun. Besides the female assistants on that show are HAWT.
E-boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the avatar, I've tried several times to make the little bastard work. Perhaps I shall try again tomorrow when I am not so tired and stupid feeling.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Strange days and epiphanies.... Reply with quote

E-boy wrote:
Wow, been odd lately. One of the reasons I haven't been around too much.

In a nutshell though the pieces have finally come together and suddenly.... Well, for lack of a better way to put it, suddenly it all makes sense, the problems, while not gone, have receded and things just don't get in the way anymore. The timing isn't perfect, but the news is still good. Needless to say, as with everything else in life the lessons we learn usually don't come cheap, and this one is definitely expensive, but it's well worth it.

It's good to see you've found a peace of sorts eboy.
kame

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to host in somewhere (photobucket, imageshack, someone's domain, etc.) and then link that image in your profile, it should work then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: