welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

There are two shows on tv about infuriatingly stupid people
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now the current episode of South Park is mocking Whale Wars, like as in it's the main part of the episode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they've always been behind the eight ball that is sinfest.
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if south park wasn't so rigidly formulaic about making fun of people I would watch it. But I can already tell I have already watched the episode because I can re-create what it will inevitably be. In my head.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
they've always been behind the eight ball that is sinfest.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a vaccine episode this season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
I guess if south park wasn't so rigidly formulaic about making fun of people I would watch it. But I can already tell I have already watched the episode because I can re-create what it will inevitably be. In my head.

But but but...FUCK YOU DOLPHIN! FUCK YOU WHALE!
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHALEWARS wrote:
Maori music as a weapon
The crew, however, only intend to fight back with intimidating music based on a Maori chant and written by New Zealand artist Tiki Taane.

Bethune said the eerie music, called "Tangaroa" or "Guardian of the Sea," would be blasted through huge speakers and should be enough to scare off the bravest of men.

"It makes the hairs on your neck stand up it's very intimidating," he said. "If we really go causing them some difficulties I'm going to put that track on."

FEAR THE SEA SHEPHERD WAR SONG
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it's probably a lot scarier when it's performed by a stageful of maoris.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!

To the complete surprise of the world, Maori music is no match for a bigger boat ripping off your bow.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just found a Whale Wars magazine in the terrifying jungle that is my toilet. As soon as I have a day off I am going to read it all and then I too will become a saver of the earth and murderer of the Japanese. FUCK YOU JAPANESE PEOPLE.
CTrees

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Twas a pretty awesome looking boat, to get wrecked, though.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Update!

To the complete surprise of the world, Maori music is no match for a bigger boat ripping off your bow.

I saw this at work today and just said out loud at my desk "WHALE WARS!!!"
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
FUCK YOU JAPANESE PEOPLE.

FUCK YOU, WHALERU!
Lemontree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the newly commissioned Bob Barker.

I want to ride around on Bob Barker. Very Happy
zeezee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemontree wrote:
Quote:
the newly commissioned Bob Barker.

I want to ride around on Bob Barker. Very Happy

he would like that, too.

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan arrests whaling activist for boarding ship
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100312/ap_on_re_as/as_japan_whaling
By SHINO YUASA, Associated Press Writer Shino Yuasa, Associated Press Writer 1 hr 54 mins ago
Quote:

TOKYO Japan's coast guard arrested an anti-whaling activist from New Zealand on Friday for boarding a whaling ship without permission last month, in the latest incident in the ongoing battle over Japanese whaling.

Peter Bethune, a member of the U.S.-based Sea Shepherd activist group, is accused of jumping aboard the whaling vessel from a Jet Ski on Feb. 15 in Antarctic seas, where Japan was conducting its annual whale hunt.

Boarding a Japanese vessel without legitimate reasons can bring a prison term of up to three years or a fine up to 100,000 yen ($1,100).

Sea Shepherd said Bethune jumped aboard the Shonan Maru 2 to make a citizen's arrest of its captain and hand over a $3 million bill for the destruction of a high-tech protest ship Bethune captained, the Ady Gil, that sank in January after colliding with the whaling ship.

Fisheries Minister Hirotaka Akamatsu told reporters that Japan will bring him to justice.

"Anyone who has done wrongdoing will have to face severe punishment in accordance with the law," he said.

Since his boarding, Bethune has been in custody aboard the ship, which returned to Tokyo port Friday from the southern seas.

The brazen boarding was the latest incident in Sea Shepherd's campaign to hamper Japanese whaling activities. The activists trail whaling boats and try to disrupt the hunt by dangling ropes in the water to snarl the ships' propellers and hurling packets of stinking rancid butter on the whaling ships' decks.

The whalers have responded by firing water cannons and sonar devices meant to disorient the activists.

Japan has described the Sea Shepherd protesters as terrorists, and Bethune's arrest received extensive coverage on Japanese TV.

Japan's annual whale hunt is allowed by the International Whaling Commission as a scientific program, but opponents call it a cover for commercial whaling, which has been banned since 1986.

Whale meat isn't widely eaten in Japan, but is available in some restaurants and stores.

Sea Shepherd leader Paul Watson said in an interview last week with Japanese public broadcaster NHK that Bethune knew "what he was doing" when he boarded the whaling vessel to confront its captain.

"We are going to expose the illegality of the Japanese whaling operation at every opportunity," he said.

Coast guard spokesman Masahiro Ichijo says officials have two days to interrogate Bethune before handing him over to prosecutors to decide whether to press formal charges against him to stand trial in Japan.

Ichijo says authorities are also considering additional allegations, including assault and destruction of property.

Japanese authorities say they suspect Bethune might be linked to the injury of two whalers hit by bottles containing rancid butter, and the slashing of a protective net belonging to one of the Japanese whaling boats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: