welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Body Art
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenris83

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vox Raucus wrote:
Are you a furry?

omg hell no
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a picture of my tattoo. I'm thinking of getting a 3/4 sleeve done with children's book illustrations.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's great. A friend of mine - an illustrator - has an ever expanding sleeve / calf collage of Alice In Wonderland art. It's incredibly beautiful. Coincidentally, I was talking about tattoos today. A girl came into the bar with a portrait of Edgar Allen Poe. It was really pretty. She's inspired me to get a portrait tattoo myself if I can. I'll probably start by getting something simple on my upper arm or my ass, to see if I can get used to the sensation. (I'm thinking the number 79 in bold).

Then? Schopenhauer, or Flann O'Brien, or maybe David Foster Wallace, with some script.

/midlife crisis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a racing stripe down your middle, so people will know how fast you are.
Willem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been really getting into tattoos in the last year. Only thing stopping me from getting one is the lack of decent artists in Belgium (Vincent Hocquet does some amazing dotwork, but that's not a style I'd go for for a first tattoo. Also, he's probably not free for years in the future) and my lack of money.

But I do have a little folder on my desktop ("owns") full of tattoos. Inspiration and all that. One day...

Also, Gary, get something like one of these: NSFW. My favourite is the skull.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Willem, those certainly are ... pictures ... of things ...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a portrait of me
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get the cock shark one

wait wait no get one of the stereotypical heart and arrow with "Mom" written in the middle
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a tattoo but a) I can't quite decide what I want (the only lasting image in my head is much too depressing to tattoo on myself or so I am told) and b) the location I want want want is my arms and that just doesn't fly with my career and I hate long sleeves.

So what is in my head for a tattoo? Two butterflies, one on each forearm. The butterfly is that beautiful blue one from South America. One butterfly is on fire and tattered. The other is mired in tar. I really need to get back into art so I can paint the image at least.

Kilgore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was going to get a tattoo, I would get the Fighting Poland symbol from the Warsaw uprising tattooed onto one of my shoulders. If I was going to get a second tattoo, I would get a cross of some sort tattooed on my chest. But I'm almost certainly never going to get a tattoo, because I am nearly 28, and past the age where that sort of thing seems like such a good idea that it's not worth considering how ridiculous you'll look when you are 60.

-Slick
Lasairfiona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I find that age and tattoo argument invalid. But if you don't want one, that is cool.

Oh I thought of a few other ideas: Coyote from Gunnerkrigg Court and the only phrase tattoo idea that has ever appealed to me - Show me your thumbs!

Kilgore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you want, if you've never seen an old person with a tattoo that looks fucking terrible, you've seen less than five old people with tattoos (or maybe only seen old people with tattoos that they got in the last five years, which makes me think you hang out with a very exclusive, and unusual group of seniors, perhaps the members of some sort of tattoo cult that believes they are able to gain youth through tattooing. Can you confirm that your geriatric tattoo enthusiast friends aren't harvesting the stem cells of young gypsy children to fuel their grotesque tattoo rituals? Is the "old man" tattoo mix they joke about actually a mixture of ink and stem cells? Are they sizing you up as their next virgin sacrifice? I'm just saying it's something to think about)

But seriously, if you're just some dude (or chick!) who got a tattoo once, and not a guy who wants to spend his whole life getting his full body tattoos retouched as they inevitably start to blur, you're going to hit a point where your lack of dedicated maintenance leaves you with an unsightly blob. I submit to you that at that point, when all the fine looking young ladies of our generation who got the Chinese character for 'bliss' (ostensibly!)tattooed onto their body realize that after 20 years it looks like so much cat mess, they're going to regret it.

EDIT: If you are getting a Gunnerkrigg Court tattoo that is totally different, because it is rad and kind of makes me want to sleep with you. So I support that. I imagine that 40 years from now the robots will have summarily executed at least one of us anyway, so who cares. Go nuts.

-Slick
Willem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tattoos actually don't fade as quickly as you might think. If you want them to stay perfectly clear, you could have 'em touched up every decade, but with most tats that won't be necessary.

What you do have is people getting shitty tattoos that are just waiting to blur. Like scribbley text, very fine and cluttered linework or other stupid shit. Or if you get them done by bad artists.

However, if you get something decent by a decent artist, they'll pretty much stay badass.

Las: any decent artist will be able to draw something up themselves if you describe it to them. Shouldn't let that stop you. Also, Coyote could be very, very cool:

Halen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get a tattoo of my own face. On my face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: