welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eat Your Own: too good to pass up...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Major Tom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Eat Your Own: too good to pass up... Reply with quote

Conservative Activists Rebel Against Fox News: Saudi Ownership Is ‘Really Dangerous For America’
Quote:
Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal owns a 7 percent stake in News Corp — the parent company of Fox News — making him the largest shareholder outside the family of News Corp CEO Rupert Murdoch. Alwaleed has grown close with the Murdoch enterprise, recently endorsing James Murdoch to succeed his father and creating a content-sharing agreement with Fox News for his own media conglomerate, Rotana.

Last weekend, at the right-wing Constitutional Coalition’s annual conference in St. Louis, Joseph Farah, publisher of the far right WorldNetDaily, blasted Fox News for its relationship with Alwaleed. Farah noted correctly that Alwaleed had boasted in the past about forcing Fox News to change its content relating to its coverage of riots in Paris, and warned that such foreign ownership of American media is “really dangerous.”

Last edited by Major Tom on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This got me giggling.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's always amusing when the right finds something it's been ranting about right on its own doorstep.

it would be _really_ amusing if the ultra-right were what actually kills faux news.
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a significant contingent of people in this country that are so wet-your-pants terrified of 'islamism' that they'll buy into the narrative that rachael ray is supporting palestine suicide bombers by wearing a particularly frilly scarf.

sompin like this is just par for the course. DURKA DURKA MUHAMMAD ALI JIHAD
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
there is a significant contingent of people in this country that are so wet-your-pants terrified of 'islamism' that they'll buy into the narrative that rachael ray is supporting palestine suicide bombers by wearing a particularly frilly scarf.

I rejoiced in the outcry because I found that scarf to be visually insulting.

but LOL newscorp.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

related

wingnut Michael Savage wrote:
You know what disturbs me? This is the part that worries me a little bit. She went to work for Fox News, and at the same time, she’s fundamentally running for the presidency. At the same time. I mean, the last I checked, you can’t do that. The last I checked is that you have to leave a media job in order to announce your candidacy. What is this? You can’t have it both ways. Either you’re running, or you’re not. Don’t play a game with the American people. We’re not stupid.
CTrees

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Tom wrote:
wingnut Michael Savage wrote:
the American people [are] not stupid.

I've spotted a flaw in his logic.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less people think palin is qualified for the presidency today than ever since the dawn of her national fame, I think.

Not something I expected, but refreshing. I don't think she's even got majority support among republicans anymore.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She just needs enough to lead them into secession like an unwitting pied piper, then maybe the Republican party can get back to sanity.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was very interesting - all those teabaggers were calling for palin to run, and she just sort of smiled and went on. i don't think she has any plans of running for any office, ever again.

see, she is smart enough to realize that those in office do have that there 'responsibility' stuff. a bloviator on fox not only gets paid a whole lot more, they have no accountability whatsoever. they can say any damn thing they want, and no one ever comes back at them because they have failed to solve any problems, or indeed have made what problems existed ever-so-much worse.

drat - she's not as dumb as i thought.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in other cannicabal-related news

vote early, vote often
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Brownie, you're doin' a heckuva job...
Major Tom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops

almost forgot to give CPAC its due

Quote:
"Guess what? Guess what? All right, guess what? Civil rights are grounded in natural rights," said Sorba. "Natural rights are grounded in human nature. Human nature is a rational substance in relationship. The intelligible end of the reproductive act is reproduction. Do you understand that? Civil rights, when they conflict with natural rights, are contrary -- hey, you sit down. The lesbians at Smith College protest better than you do. The lesbians at Smith College protest than you do. All right? Bring it."

bet his friends call this nutter the pro-life of the party
tinkeringIdiot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Human nature is a rational substance in relationship.

They must have very different humans on his planet...
E-boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always amused by the complete failure of folks with an agenda attempting to use 'common sense science' to justify their positions and in so doing demonstrating how very little they know about the natural world, human nature, or anything remotely threatening to their warm little fictions.

Truthfully, most of them are probably well aware of, or suspect at the very least, how very idiotic the things they are saying really are. Still, they are politicians and since when has truth really been what politicians are about? There are a few who I really think are exactly as stupid as they appear. Which at least makes them honest monsters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: