welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's annoying, isn't it? You want to help someone...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sark.Inc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i was in hospital for 5 weeks i found that it was just nice to have someone there to talk to about whats been going on out side of the hospital, because u can start to feel really cut off from the world.

so best thing i could say is just be there to talk to her and keep her company, oh and bring flowers or some chocolates (if she likes them XD)
Dro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you implying, Sark? That Willem's friend is some kind of anti-flower, anti-chocolate lunatic? Nice....
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
What are you implying, Sark? That Willem's friend is some kind of anti-flower, anti-chocolate lunatic? Nice....

Now now Dro, some of Willem's friends MIGHT be anti-flower, anti-chocolate lunatics. You don't know that, we're talking about Willem here. Anything's possible.
Willem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feiticeira wrote:
Fuck her.

If I'm ever in Wales, I'm kicking you in the balls.

MsFrisby wrote:
Do you guys have Scene It? It mixes movies and games! Smile

I don't even know what it is. Smile

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Take a video camera with you to Paris. Record everything you see. I mean everything. You should have 2 days worth of footage by the end of the trip. Show her this.

For the time being, become her man-servant. You will be topless all the time, only covered by a loincloth, accept this way of life. Do whatever she tells you to do. That'll cheer her up.

1) Doesn't that seem like teasing her a bit? She'll just feel worse because she couldn't go. And I don't have a camera.
2) She'd like that, for comical reasons.

Froggums wrote:
Can she walk/leave the house at all? Is there somwhere nearby that you can take her to go swimming? Or even just a hot tub to hang out in? Swimming may seem like a no-no because its a physical activity, but actually it really helps because the water supports your body and takes the pressure off of the injury.

Well, there's a pool about 5 kilometres away, but I doubt she can move too much. She can walk, but it hurts a lot, she says.

To the rest: Thanks.

PS: She probably likes flowers and candy. I mean, who doesn't? Goths, maybe.
LittlestMorte

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PS: She probably likes flowers and candy. I mean, who doesn't? Goths, maybe.

I'm sure every goth worth her salt would appreciate a bouquet of blood red roses (thorns included) and a box of bitter-as-hell dark chocolates.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a knife.

MsFrisby

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
MsFrisby wrote:
Do you guys have Scene It? It mixes movies and games! Smile

I don't even know what it is. Smile

Scene It

It's a game about movies and you play parts of it on your DVD player. Of course, I have no idea if it would be fun for you or your friend because you kind of have to have seen a lot of movies. And I have no idea if you've seen a lot of the movies most americans have been raised on.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Take a video camera with you to Paris. Record everything you see. I mean everything. You should have 2 days worth of footage by the end of the trip. Show her this.

For the time being, become her man-servant. You will be topless all the time, only covered by a loincloth, accept this way of life. Do whatever she tells you to do. That'll cheer her up.

1) Doesn't that seem like teasing her a bit? She'll just feel worse because she couldn't go. And I don't have a camera.
2) She'd like that, for comical reasons.

well, you have to take brill's advice with a grain or two of salt. but you all might try to find something to bring back for her to let her know you all missed her while you were in paris.

i second the one about just dropping by and talking with her and keeping her in touch with the world one. whether or not you do this clad only in a loincloth is up to you.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn a new card game with her. Not a silly one (though those can be fun too). Grab something that takes a little bit of skill. Cribbage is a good one that is for two people. Also, dice games or poker with chips would be fun. Have silly prizes.

I don't think that the camera to Paris would be teasing her. I bet she would appreciate it a lot. She is going to feel bad that she can't go no matter what. Having the video camera there means that she gets to take a small part in the trip. Besides, it will let her know that people are thinking about her. I know I would appreciate it if I was in the similar situation.

Take her to the pool after she is allowed to walk. It will help her get some strength back without the impact problems of most exercise. Her doctor might even recomend it. Besides, it is a good excuse for wearing a loincloth.

sporko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:

I don't think that the camera to Paris would be teasing her. I bet she would appreciate it a lot. She is going to feel bad that she can't go no matter what. Having the video camera there means that she gets to take a small part in the trip. Besides, it will let her know that people are thinking about her. I know I would appreciate it if I was in the similar situation.

ooooh, yeah...you and friends could make a sign saying "We love [her name here]" and take pictures with it at like...landmarks and shit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera idea would be good then. I do hope we're allowed to bring one. We got an entire list of stuff we couldn't bring.

And I'm not the only one thinking of her, clearly. Some girls thought of creating a box full of little letters and things for her. I put in a letter, 7 pages long (part was a story I wrote about a princess then fell from a tower. Smile) and a CD, with songs she could listen to. Heh. I also wrote the outtakes on the CD cover:
I keep on falling - Alicia Keys
The Fallen - Franz Ferdinand
I believe I can fly - R. Kelly
Back in Black - AC/DC
Baby got back - Someone. I don't know
Brokeback Mountain Soundtrack
Linkin Park - Hit the floor

She can take a little joke. Very Happy
I did put "Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly" and "Johnny Cash - Hurt" in there. But that's because they're awesome.
Agamemnon

Location: Studying somewhere. Or at least that's where I should be.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*high fives Willem for "Learning to Fly"*

I echo some others. Just be there for her. That will be better than almost anything else.

Unless you are overcome with Feitness and are constantly abrasive...

P: They don't know we know they know we know. And Joey, you can't say anything!

J: Couldn't if I wanted to.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agamemnon wrote:
*high fives Willem for "Learning to Fly"*

I echo some others. Just be there for her. That will be better than almost anything else.

Unless you are overcome with Feitness and are constantly abrasive...

suddenly.. I was overcome with Feitness and was constantly abrasive.
Agamemnon

Location: Studying somewhere. Or at least that's where I should be.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what a Feit that was!!

P: They don't know we know they know we know. And Joey, you can't say anything!

J: Couldn't if I wanted to.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Baby got back - Someone. I don't know

Sir Mix-a-lot

I hope she can take a joke because that is freakin hysterical awesomeness.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: