Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eat Your Own: too good to pass up...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-boy wrote:
I am always amused by the complete failure of folks with an agenda attempting to use 'common sense science' to justify their positions and in so doing demonstrating how very little they know about the natural world, human nature, or anything remotely threatening to their warm little fictions.

or common sense, for that matter.
E-boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People in this country aren't stupid. They're lazy, complacent, and willfully ignorant often enough though. Mix that with lots of groups with agenda's willing to bend, break, or utterly ignore evidence in their promoting of their ideas and you get disturbing results like we saw earlier in the thread.

That's the part that really irritates me. Anyone smart enough to manipulate folks that well is easily smart enough to know they are full of shit (or at least that they can't win their argument on whatever personal convictions they have in the face of actual evidence). I think that's one of the reasons I laughed so hard when a recent pychology article I read suggested politics would be an excellent job selection for borderline sociopaths.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Whom It May Concern:

Lynn Cheney sucks!

Cordially,
The Conservative League of Law Professionals Softball Team
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart had Marc Theissen, one of those calling them "The Al Qaeda Seven" on his show last night. During the interview Stewart was actually having a dialogue with him and not just asking him questions then moving on, which the guy apparently interpreted as Stewart talking right through him and not giving him a chance to respond.
I've got a couple of problems with that. First, there's only so much time in a segment before they have to go to commercial, and Stewart told him they'd continue the interview and put the extended version online while apologizing profusely for appearing to monopolize the thing.
Secondly, THE GUY WAS THERE BECAUSE OF HIS BOOK, WHICH STEWART MENTIONED AND HELD UP SEVERAL TIMES! You have your own Goddamn book on the whole thing! You're getting free air time on a popular show as a plug for it! You say a lot of provocative things in there and Stewart only has at most ten minutes to respond to it, and he was doing that by having a discussion with you!
What the fuck is your problem, guy?
Mizike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theissen is used to getting paid to distribute his repugnant propaganda in whatever manner he sees fit. See: his despicable WaPo Opinion pieces.
tinkeringIdiot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recognized a lot of Fox News interview techniques being employed by that guy. Like the way he kept saying, "Jon. Jon. Jon...JON" until it looked like he was being ignored. Very annoying.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, stewart did get in a thing about "well, when i'm on your show...." i mean, it _is_ stewart's show, he has a right to say things, and theissen should have expected he would be called to task on the things he's said, and not expect he could just expound on his lunacies. but stewart is a lot more generous to conservatives, even conservative whackos, than fox is to anyone remotely liberal.

but on to the important news - colbert had a clip of rush limbaugh saying if the health care bill passes, he'll leave the country. is this true? because if so, it strikes me as yet another excellent reason to pass the bill.
Bart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:
Theissen is used to getting paid to distribute his repugnant propaganda in whatever manner he sees fit. See: his despicable WaPo Opinion pieces.

I really loved his reference to the Geneva convention 'nowhere does it state that they can have a lawyer'. I thought their whole "enemy combatant" thing was a way to get out of the Geneva convention, but of course it can be dragged back up when useful.
E-boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
well, stewart did get in a thing about "well, when i'm on your show...." i mean, it _is_ stewart's show, he has a right to say things, and theissen should have expected he would be called to task on the things he's said, and not expect he could just expound on his lunacies. but stewart is a lot more generous to conservatives, even conservative whackos, than fox is to anyone remotely liberal.

but on to the important news - colbert had a clip of rush limbaugh saying if the health care bill passes, he'll leave the country. is this true? because if so, it strikes me as yet another excellent reason to pass the bill.

That's an absolute tease, because you know as well as I do he won't do any such thing. Still, maybe some of his listeners won't realize he's full of crap and will leave the country in droves to go screw up places like Canada instead. Sadly, I have no reason to believe the Canadians are stupid enough to allow this and they will all likely be sent back. Sad
kame

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-boy wrote:

That's an absolute tease, because you know as well as I do he won't do any such thing. Still, maybe some of his listeners won't realize he's full of crap and will leave the country in droves to go screw up places like Canada instead. Sadly, I have no reason to believe the Canadians are stupid enough to allow this and they will all likely be sent back. Sad

The fafu has to find us first. Wink
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to danziger, limbaugh is going to costa rica.

shoulda known he wouldn't go to canada, they have that evil universal health care thing there.
Mizike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:

shoulda known he wouldn't go to canada, they have that evil universal health care thing there.

Costa Rica has Gurvmmint Health Care, too. But he already reneged, so no matter.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't have no gubbmint health care in Somalia.

Then again, they have lots of black people, and Rush Limbaugh wouldn't be caught dead with one of those.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:
mouse wrote:

Costa Rica has Gurvmmint Health Care, too. But he already reneged, so no matter.

well, i could have guessed that. what self-sacrificing reason did he give for reneging?
Yorick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:

misread that as Danzig and thought, little twist of Cain for Mr. Limbaugh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: