welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

South Park mocks Islam, but Comedy Channel censors show...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paratech2008

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: South Park mocks Islam, but Comedy Channel censors show... Reply with quote

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/20783/south-park-creators-we-lost-on-mohammed-thats-just-fd-up-nytimes-viacom-pssed-out/

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113635898667219

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2498205/posts

There are a few sites discussing the issue. It looks like the parent company of the Comedy Channel is scared of Radical Muslims, so are the South Park creators brave or stupidly looking to get killed by mocking Islam / Mohammad?

Should cartoons, TV shows mock everyone, or are there sacred cows that shouldn't be mocked?

It reminds me of the guy who voiced "Chef" quitting because they mocked Scientology, but hey mocking Christianity for years was ok.
nathan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Southpark doesn't show the prophet Mohammed* being sodomized while dressed as a japanese schoolgirl, who will?

This is the great question of our age.

* peace be upon him
paratech2008

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see 72 Blues chasing a suicide bomber! Twisted Evil Idea Exclamation
nathan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure you really grasp how suicide bombing works.
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after having watched the last two episodes I can only say that [CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED]

paratech2008

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
I'm not sure you really grasp how suicide bombing works.

Yeah, Dead Sucide Bomber in Hell being tormented by 72 Blues...
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun trying to check out season five's Superfriends episode, it appears to have been removed.

this is either some incredibly well done meta-joke or what the fuck?

LD!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They went all out paranoid on this one. I'm not sure what there afraid of. That reactionary Muslim groups are going to hate use more?
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why now? Is there something that happened recently that makes Radical Muslims more scary?
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"In the 14 years we’ve been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn’t stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn’t some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle’s customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn’t mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We’ll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we’ll see what happens to it."

Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Why now? Is there something that happened recently that makes Radical Muslims more scary?

http://www.popeater.com/2010/04/22/south-park-201-muslim-censored/

They got threats("warnings") alluding to the murder of Theo van Gogh.

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
If Southpark doesn't show the prophet Mohammed* being sodomized while dressed as a japanese schoolgirl, who will?

This is the great question of our age.

* peace be upon him

I actually saw both episodes. They were mocking censorship. HUGE portions of dialogue were censored out at the end of the second episode for comic effect. The more they censored the funnier and more ridiculous it got.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Quote:
"In the 14 years we’ve been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn’t stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn’t some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle’s customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn’t mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We’ll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we’ll see what happens to it."

nope sorry, complete bullshit.
if you saw the episodes it's OBVIOUSLY clear that they did for comedic effect. Santa and Jesus also got censored too btw. It's all a publicity stunt, nothing to see here folks, move along.

Oh there is one thing I actually would believe and that's the fact that CC censored the name Muhammed in the second episode. that would be the repeated additional bleeps, Kyle Santa and Jesus? So, so funny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Have fun trying to check out season five's Superfriends episode, it appears to have been removed.

this is either some incredibly well done meta-joke or what the fuck?

Netflix also took it off of instant watch, which I know for a fact it didn't say that when I recently re-watched the Scott Tennerman must die episode, the episode immediately after it.
Him

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: South Park mocks Islam, but Comedy Channel censors show. Reply with quote

paratech2008 wrote:
It reminds me of the guy who voiced "Chef" quitting because they mocked Scientology, but hey mocking Christianity for years was ok.
Quick, somebody call the waaahmbulance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: