welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

28/8 Darkies don't own Martin Luther King, Jr.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: 28/8 Darkies don't own Martin Luther King, Jr. Reply with quote

So, anyone watching this? Live stream here.

This is insane. "Look, I have a Jew, some native americans and a pastor"

And the pastor was preaching about theocracy, I think.
Willem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current black people count: 0
Current white, old people count: too many
CTrees

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh fuck, I had to click to start the livestream while former, half-term Alaska governor Sarah Palin was talking.
CTrees

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now, they've found a token darkie!
Willem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in: Go to church and everything will be fine. Also, give them your money.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apparently tuned in at the last minute, just saw some guy singing, and then it ended. The comments were pretty disheartening, though. Divisiveness makes me sad... but I'm sure it will work out. When has backbiting ever been not a good idea, amirite?
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the livestream but I am okay with that. I did read the Company Overview that they put on facebook.

Quote:
Throughout history America has seen many great leaders and noteworthy citizens change her course. It is through their personal virtues and by their example that we can live as a free country. On August 28th, come celebrate America by honoring our heroes, our heritage and our future.

Join the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and many more for this non-political event that pays tribute to America’s service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nation’s founding principles of integrity, truth and honor.

Our freedom is possible only if we remain virtuous. Help us restore the values that founded this great nation. Come join us on August 28th in our pledge to restore honor at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C.

Please note this rally is compliant with IRS Rules and Regulations found in IRS publication 557 and IRS publication 4221-PC. For tax purposes a gift to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation is deductible in accordance with Internal Revenue Service's tax laws. No goods or services were provided in exchange for your contribution. The purchase of Restoring Honor Rally merchandise is not a donation to SOWF, but all net proceeds from the sale of Restoring Honor Rally merchandise is being donated to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. All contributions made to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF) will first be applied to the costs of the Restoring Honor Rally taking place on August 28, 2010. All contributions in excess of these costs will then be retained by the SOWF.

Willem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty horrible, if a little boring.

Most of the speakers were pretty poor. It's probably partially because they were looking for non-white, ultra-conservative and eloquent speakers. Seeing as that group's pretty small, they probably just settled for non-white ultra-conservatives. The reason's pretty blatant, especially with Martin Luther King's niece there: We Are Not Racists. There were more black people on stage than in the crowd, actually.

MLK's niece brings up another point. Glenn said that the date was a coincidence. Just a date he was free. Bullshit, of course. Why else hold it on the same location (well, two steps down, so it's okay)? Why else have every speech go on and on about MLK? Why invite his niece? Why talk about 'Taking back the Civil Rights Movement' (urgh)?

Some shameful shit from MLK's niece, as well. She's not as bad as the rest of the Tea Partiers, but she's pretty heavy on the whole anti-gay/anti-abortion thing. So, she invokes MLK while arguing against equal rights for gays. Honestly.

Palin was as incoherent as usual, but the difference was that she didn't really manage to get the crowd going. Usually, her stupidity doesn't really stop her from whipping the crowd into a frenzy, but now it was just... poor.

The rest of 'em weren't much better. They just kept going on about Jesus, freedom, honour and other keywords... without actually saying anything. The main point was: go to church and give said church lots of money. Oh, and theocracy. Yes, really. (also: fellating the army. Hoo-hah, bitches.)

Even Glenn was hitting above his weight. Even his tears didn't really help him. That said, Tea Partiers don't need much, really. Beck couldn't fail. They gave him his money and I'm sure his book will sell very well.

Overal, it wasn't anything special in se. I'm guessing that whatever plan Glenn has, this event is just a small part of it. How they'll spin this will be interesting. Guesses how this will go: stealing history, buyin' gold, no we're not racist, you're racist, I don't listen to anybody but those that confirm my horrid views, etc.
Willem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can also confirm that the words "I have a new dream" have been said at, at least, one point.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't understand this no equal rights for gays thing. What the fuck is so terrible about it that you can't treat them like humans?But this is a common complaint of mine. I could ask my dad (who is firmly in that camp which is a big problem for my sister) but I just can't bring myself to continue that conversation with him.

The whole rally, from the posted information about it, seems dualistic: oh this is for the troops wait donate ooooh church (christian only please) boo gays...

Is it just me that is bothered by that last bit in the facebook info where they state that yeah please donate but we cover our own costs first?

Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehheh, "Whitestock"
Set

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently, a bunch of people who either attended this thing, or horribly misguided on the facebook chat for this event believe that america was solely based on christianity. and that their faith and prayers will pull this country out of the hole its in. how about them apples?
Fhqwhgads

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Tom wrote:
hehheh, "Whitestock"

"'We're all born knowing the truth'? So all you need to know is how to shit yourself and cry? Teabagging finally explained!"
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you ever watch this

(morbid curiosity)

oh
Willem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only watched parts. I was hoping that they'd either say something incredibly stupid or that one of the speakers would get shot.

Well, maybe not hoping they'd get shot...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: