welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iran is exploding.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychology never hurt anybody. Sad
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
management, though, that seems odd. i'm not seeing a political/religious context for that, but i should think it would have long-term impacts on things like running businesses, government departments, other things that affect revenue and expenditures.

management teaches you, among other things, how to be a leader, when they want a nation of followers.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

My book of Dianetics strongly disagrees with you!
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
mouse wrote:
management, though, that seems odd. i'm not seeing a political/religious context for that, but i should think it would have long-term impacts on things like running businesses, government departments, other things that affect revenue and expenditures.

management teaches you, among other things, how to be a leader, when they want a nation of followers.

that would make sense.

and then, i guess, since everyone is a follower, they will have to turn to the leader to tell them how to do everything - so you end up with leadership that has a hand in just about everything.
Him

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has more to do with them being worried about the universities and students themselves than the particular courses.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
mouse wrote:

MBAs really have nothing to do with any of those things.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
mouse wrote:

You say that now, but if the Celtic's win again, the MBA world will have gone true butt crazy. Goddamn Mational Basketball Ascitaions. Xrazy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
mouse wrote:

No one said MBA's, they were referencing the article which reads:
Quote:
The list includes law, philosophy, management, psychology, political science and the two subjects that appear to cause the most concern among Iran's conservative leadership ó women's studies and human rights.

Even so, you do realize the A in MBA stands for Administration, right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(business)
Quote:
In business, administration consists of the performance or management of business operations and thus the making or implementing of a major decision. Administration can be defined as the universal process of organizing people and resources efficiently so as to direct activities toward common goals and objectives.

So uh yeah...management.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
mouse wrote:

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

Nietzsche begs to differ.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vox Raucus wrote:
Dogen wrote:

Nietzsche begs to differ.

Nietzsche never begs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beggars never differ.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: AP news I should say Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
mouse wrote:

No one said MBA's, they were referencing the article which reads:
Quote:
The list includes law, philosophy, management, psychology, political science and the two subjects that appear to cause the most concern among Iran's conservative leadership ó women's studies and human rights.

Even so, you do realize the A in MBA stands for Administration, right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(business)
Quote:
In business, administration consists of the performance or management of business operations and thus the making or implementing of a major decision. Administration can be defined as the universal process of organizing people and resources efficiently so as to direct activities toward common goals and objectives.

So uh yeah...management.

sigh........................... why do you rely on indescriptive yahoo news.....

Quote:
Abolfazl Hassani, head of Education Development at the Ministry of Education, told reporters today that the fields of "law, human rights, women's studies, economics, sociology, media, political science, philosophy, psychology, education, administration as well as cultural and artistic administration" are under review. He added some will be reviewed by the end of the year and others by the end of summer.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, Iran, it looks like you can still get a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Studies!
Major Tom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, but you have to be willing to do Godot with Ahmadinejad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: