welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Takeing the next step.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either be really creative or be really classic. If you're going to be really creative, try something that involves a hobby or something she likes or is into. If you're going to be really classic, make sure to do the whole getting down on one knee and what not. Whether its over dinner, walk in the park, etc.
sporko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoySetsFire wrote:
i proposed to my wife at a ock show. it was our favorite band. i got in touch with the band a couple of months in advance of the show, and made arrangements for them to bring us up on stage after a certain song, and intro duce us real quick, then let me have the mic for a few minutes. i proposed there on stage and she said yes of course, and the crowd went absolutely bananas. we got huge cheers, and the band clapped and such, and then they played her fave song and then finished their normal set.

all in all it was really awesome for both of us.

but as always, individual mileage may vary.

that's really, really awesome. that's one of those things you can do when you're absolutely certain she'll say yes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Takeing the next step. Reply with quote

juggernautxug wrote:
and we love eachother with the exception of when we are chewing eachothers heads off....

First of all, this sounds problematic to me. I hope you were going for facetiousness. Very Happy

Anyway. You know she's going to say yes, right? So, really, you don't need to worry about pressuring her into saying yes or it not being sweet enough for her to say yes. You just want to make it a nice and memorable moment for the both of you.

I agree with Digi. You're the only one who knows what can make that special. If it's the classic romantic thing, great. If it's something incredibly personal, even better. I mean, if you have ideas, run them by us and we'll let you know. I'd nix the PSP2 one.
Celaeno

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:
BoySetsFire wrote:
i proposed to my wife at a ock show. it was our favorite band. i got in touch with the band a couple of months in advance of the show, and made arrangements for them to bring us up on stage after a certain song, and intro duce us real quick, then let me have the mic for a few minutes. i proposed there on stage and she said yes of course, and the crowd went absolutely bananas. we got huge cheers, and the band clapped and such, and then they played her fave song and then finished their normal set.

that's really, really awesome. that's one of those things you can do when you're absolutely certain she'll say yes.

I don't understand how it's possible that some people propose without knowing that other person will say yes. How was it not discussed beforehand?

...maybe I'm altogether too practical.
sporko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was more for the whole "proposing in public would pressure her" response

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry. I probably should've quoted WhupAs instead of you.
Desire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the people who have said make it personal and special to her. Hopefully, this will be a moment she remembers the rest of her life, right? A good memory. Wink

So make it something worth her remembering for the next 70 years. And remember, it's a story she'll probably tell other people many times.

While you may think the old box idea you have is cute (and it could be for a regular gift), it's the kind of thing you do to kids, you know? Or that kids give to others.

Think of her and what would make it most special for her.
Snorri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhupAs101 wrote:
I would recommend not proposing while you get your bj while playing the video game.

Unless it's a really special game...or blowjob.

BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:
BoySetsFire wrote:

if was definitely a foregone conclusion that she would say yes. we talked about getting married for months beforehand. we even picked out her rings together and brought them home together. i wanted the ring to be something that fit and something she would like the looks of.Smile

the mystery and surprise of it was when/how it would happen. the ring box sat on the shelf for a few weeks leading up to the show, kind of smiling at us both. on the night of the show, the engagement ring went into my pockey without her knowing about it, so she had no idea it was going along for the ride. as far ash she knew, it was still in the box on teh shelf with the weeding band. Smile
WhupAs101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah now that I read it through I hope it didn't come across that I was knocking your decision to go that way BSF. I was just commenting on how it would feel for me, it's awesome that it all worked out for you that way.

I've been around more folks that were suprised by the engagement than around folks that had discussed it beforehand, and waited for the right time to propose. I agree that it seems to be a wise idea, it's just not one I've seen often. If this is going to be a total suprise for her I wouldn't do anything too extravagant, if you're sure she's going to say yes, again, the sky is the limit.

I don't have a lot of experience relationship-wise, and the concept of a relationship that feels like it would end in marriage is completely foreign to me. I've always pictured myself doing the down-on-one-knee scenario, someplace quiet that has some kind of meaning for us (first date, first met, whatever). The only really "unique" thing I would do is get "forever" engraved on the inside of the ring. Just something I always wanted to do.

Of course that would all be after 5-7 years of relationship. I've seen way too many divorces in my time, and I have ot be sure that I'm not just jumping into a marriage because "it feels like the next step". I have to have no doubts that the person will be able to put up with me (and vice versa) until our time is up on this world.

But I've got a lot of paranoia when it comes to relationship crap, so don't listen to me anymore than necessary,...
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demand an answer to your question whilst you're bumming her in the bum.

Women like that, they really do.

God I'm so lonely.
Snorri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But at least you know what women want.

rm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha! how sad.
Desire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Taylorbell wrote:
Demand an answer to your question whilst you're bumming her in the bum.

Women like that, they really do.

God I'm so lonely.

I've missed you tb.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoySetsFire wrote:
sporko wrote:
BoySetsFire wrote:

the mystery and surprise of it was when/how it would happen. the ring box sat on the shelf for a few weeks leading up to the show, kind of smiling at us both. on the night of the show, the engagement ring went into my pockey without her knowing about it, so she had no idea it was going along for the ride. as far ash she knew, it was still in the box on teh shelf with the weeding band. Smile

That's like Christmas, only backwards. She knew what she was getting, but not when. I like it.

Have I mentioned that it's good to have you back, Tony? I hope it's as a result of good circumstances, because I'm glad to have another romantic around.

P.S. Kara, I don't think I'd get married without talking about it first, either, so you're not that weird. Well, you are, because you make that one weird face, but you're not weird about marriage. Unless your idea of "talking about it" is, "you understand half of your stuff will belong to me, right?" ...

Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: