welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011 Sendai earthquake and tsunami
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Eiden



Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 401

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: mixed signals Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Well, I'm probably not the guy that you should ask, but from my perspective, you are writing in a very flowery prose, almost jovial, and that just didn't mesh with the reality of the situation.


The reason you assume I would think it was silly is because I am writing "in a very flowery prose" and this doesn't "mesh with the reality of the situation"?

Let's put the fact that I am not writing in a very flowery prose off the table for now. What's important so far is that your response does not make sense as an answer to the question. Keep in mind I am asking this question to help me judge and understand your specific levels of difficulty in understanding conversational cues and the motives or interpretations of others. I am also not sending "mixed signals". I'm being extremely direct and not asking a difficult or compound question.

Do you think you could attempt again to answer the question? Have you got even a wild guess at what reason someone would have for finding that addendum silly or unnecessary?

If not, that's okay. I can move on to the next question.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3527
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: I was "imfamous" in school Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
You see, I was born in 1986. My mother was still pregnant with me when Chernobyl happened. A theory has been floated about, that most of my flaws, the issues I've been dealing with my whole life are a result of this disaster, and I don't think I have it in me to forgive the incompetent bastards that allowed it to happen. But of course, I have no real proof, and that itself is far more infuriating than anything anyone has ever said to me; to constantly question my existence, to never know for sure. If I am not reading my posts carefully it is because I am in a blind rage from which I will never awaken from, and for this I am sorry.

Chernobyl caused your autism? Have you ever considered you just lost the genetic lottery? That you were shit out of luck? Or do you need something or someone to blame it on?

Or - after reading your posts in this thread - maybe you don't have autism or anything like that. And maybe those "flaws" aren't all that special or serious. Maybe you're just using them to explain why you're such a horrible person, while in fact, it's because you are a horrible person. But it's not your fault nobody wanted to sit next to you in class, it's your nuclear flaws and the people that created them! And the hate you feel towards nuclear energy is actually an expression of your self-loathing, because deep down - in the corners of your mind that haven't been reached by your relentless self-indoctrination - you know nuclear energy has nothing to do with you being a failed human being.


The one thing I know I don't have for a fact is autism.

For the last time, people with autism don't have empathy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3714
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I think you'll find Willem is a Belgian historian-in-training (unless you've been reading the horrors thread, because he's fired) so if he isn't qualified to diagnose you of autism via the internet then who is?

alternately you can address anything else anyone has said to you.
_________________
"Eight hundred pounds of nitro, his boots are thunder as he plays."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willem



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 6306
Location: wasteland style

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man dennis not cool

not cool

actually, that is pretty accurate.
_________________
attitude of a street punk, only cutting selected words out of context to get onself excuse to let one's dirty mouth loose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9459

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: I was "imfamous" in school Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
For the last time, people with autism don't have empathy.


What the fuck? No. That's not true at all. Lacking the capacity for empathy sociopathy/antisocial personality disorder, not autism.

Who the fuck is telling you that people with autism don't have empathy? It's so wrong, it boggles the mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3527
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: mixed signals Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Well, I'm probably not the guy that you should ask, but from my perspective, you are writing in a very flowery prose, almost jovial, and that just didn't mesh with the reality of the situation.


The reason you assume I would think it was silly is because I am writing "in a very flowery prose" and this doesn't "mesh with the reality of the situation"?

Let's put the fact that I am not writing in a very flowery prose off the table for now. What's important so far is that your response does not make sense as an answer to the question. Keep in mind I am asking this question to help me judge and understand your specific levels of difficulty in understanding conversational cues and the motives or interpretations of others. I am also not sending "mixed signals". I'm being extremely direct and not asking a difficult or compound question.

Do you think you could attempt again to answer the question? Have you got even a wild guess at what reason someone would have for finding that addendum silly or unnecessary?

If not, that's okay. I can move on to the next question.


If need be, I could come up with 5-10 possible reasons, although you would probably find most of them unlikely.

You are posing your question as a challenge which I find strange to say the least.

eiden wrote:
If you sit here and try to make sense of this sentence, while simultaneously reminding yourself that Thy thinks it makes perfect sense, you can hear the ocean.


1. You get a very inappropriate zen feeling from this statement, as if you are currently sitting in a yoga position listening to the tsunami that passed you unharmed. The flowery prose.

2. There's a slight tinge of elitism coming from the statement itself, reminding the audience that Thy is much like a static seashell on the beach, an object to be picked up and thrown around, and listened to only for purposes of entertainment, this plays down my argument concerning the danger to the people of Japan.

3. The statement also undermines any opinion Thy might have, suggesting that things he might find sensible are also things most would find nonsensical, like the additional danger to the citizens of Tokyo from radiation.

4. The reference the statement itself made, while having awkward grammar, could be understood without any additional comment made about it, especially in a thread as cluttered as this one, about an important topic.

These seem to be the most reasonable of the bunch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 12082
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: my education was special Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
For the last time, people with autism don't have empathy.


What the fuck? No. That's not true at all. Lacking the capacity for empathy sociopathy/antisocial personality disorder, not autism.

Who the fuck is telling you that people with autism don't have empathy? It's so wrong, it boggles the mind.

Oh you want data do you?

I got data.
Code:
Game Date   Conference   Road Team   Score   
   Home Team   Score   Status   Box Score   Recap   Commentary
National Collegiate Baseball Writers Poll
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    #24 Alabama    0    at    #1 Vanderbilt    3    Bottom 3    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 12:00 PM    *    #2 Virginia    7    at    #14 Georgia Tech    10    Bottom 8    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 1:00 PM    *    #4 Florida    1    at    Mississippi State    1    Bottom 6    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 4:00 PM    *    #5 Arizona State    
   at    #27 Oregon State    
   
   Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    #6 Texas A&M    6    at    Texas Tech    4    Top 3    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    #7 Oklahoma    2    at    Kansas State    0    Top 4    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    Baylor    2    at    #8 Texas    0    Top 4    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 1:00 PM    *    #10 North Carolina    7    at    #9 Florida State    2    Bottom 5    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    New Mexico    1    at    #11 TCU    2    Bottom 4    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 5:00 PM    *    #19 UC Irvine    
   at    #12 Cal State Fullerton    
   
   Live Stats   
   ESPNU
4/10/2011 4:00 PM    *    #13 Fresno State    
   at    San Jose State    
   
   Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    #15 LSU    0    at    #18 Arkansas    0    Bottom 3    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 4:00 PM    *    #16 Stanford    
   at    Southern California    
   
   Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 3:00 PM    *    #17 UCLA    
   at    Washington State    
   
   Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 1:30 PM    *    #20 California    2    at    #21 Arizona    7    Bottom 5    Live Stats   
   makeup of 4/9 game
4/10/2011 5:00 PM    *    #20 California    
   at    #21 Arizona    
   
   Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011    *    #22 Rice    3    at    East Carolina    7    FINAL    Box Score   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    #23 Southern Mississippi    0    at    Memphis    5    Top 4    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 1:00 PM    *    #25 Louisville    0    at    Cincinnati    4    Bottom 7    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 1:00 PM    *    Maryland    4    at    #26 Clemson    5    Bottom 5    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011    *    #28 Charlotte    11    at    St. Joseph's    0    FINAL    Box Score   
   
4/10/2011 2:30 PM    *    #28 Charlotte    2    at    St. Joseph's    0    Bottom 2    Live Stats   
   makeup of 4/8 game
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    Florida International    0    at    #29 Troy    2    Top 4    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    Missouri    2    at    #30 Oklahoma State    2    Bottom 3    Live Stats   


Last edited by WheelsOfConfusion on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zeezee



Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 4409
Location: saint louis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
2. There's a slight tinge of elitism coming from the statement itself, reminding the audience that Thy is much like a static seashell on the beach, an object to be picked up and thrown around, and listened to only for purposes of entertainment, this plays down my argument concerning the danger to the people of Japan.

3. The statement also undermines any opinion Thy might have, suggesting that things he might find sensible are also things most would find nonsensical, like the additional danger to the citizens of Tokyo from radiation.

so you're referring to yourself in the third person now? jesus h christ.
_________________
dogs have owners
cats have staff



Last edited by zeezee on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3527
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
For the last time, people with autism don't have empathy.


What the fuck? No. That's not true at all. Lacking the capacity for empathy sociopathy/antisocial personality disorder, not autism.

Who the fuck is telling you that people with autism don't have empathy? It's so wrong, it boggles the mind.


Quote:
The interaction between empathy and autism spectrum disorders is a complex and ongoing field of research.


Quote:
Alexithymia

Research suggests that 85% of ASD individuals have alexithymia,[44] which involves not just the inability to verbally express emotions, but specifically the inability to identify emotional states in self or others.[45] According to recent fMRI studies[46] the syndrome of alexithymia, a condition in which an individual is rendered incapable of recognising and articulating emotional arousal in self or others, is responsible for a severe lack of emotional empathy.[46] The lack of empathic attunement inherent to alexithymic states may reduce quality[47] and satisfaction[48] of relationships.


Yes, it is not as black and white as my generalization might have suggested sam.

But those individuals have a tendency to stop caring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3527
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: wheels came out of hibernation, apparently he got excited Reply with quote

You don't even like basketball wheels.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3527
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: I did see usagi so I'm out. Reply with quote

K dennis, I'm done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eiden



Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 401

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: mixed signals Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Eiden wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Well, I'm probably not the guy that you should ask, but from my perspective, you are writing in a very flowery prose, almost jovial, and that just didn't mesh with the reality of the situation.


The reason you assume I would think it was silly is because I am writing "in a very flowery prose" and this doesn't "mesh with the reality of the situation"?

Let's put the fact that I am not writing in a very flowery prose off the table for now. What's important so far is that your response does not make sense as an answer to the question. Keep in mind I am asking this question to help me judge and understand your specific levels of difficulty in understanding conversational cues and the motives or interpretations of others. I am also not sending "mixed signals". I'm being extremely direct and not asking a difficult or compound question.

Do you think you could attempt again to answer the question? Have you got even a wild guess at what reason someone would have for finding that addendum silly or unnecessary?

If not, that's okay. I can move on to the next question.


If need be, I could come up with 5-10 possible reasons, although you would probably find most of them unlikely.

You are posing your question as a challenge which I find strange to say the least.


It is not very strange. I have announced unambiguously why I am doing it. I am straightforwardly inquiring into questions which I believe will help me judge and understand your specific levels of difficulty in understanding conversational cues and the motives or interpretations of others. You can note largely the exact same phrasing above.

What I've got so far does, lead me to conclude that for whatever reason (I'm not going to internet diagnose autism but I would be profoundly surprised if you did not actually have an ASD) you do realistically have a severe challenge in interpreting others or following conversational and argumentative processes, in a way which leads you to be completely off the wall in attempting to communicate or defend ideas. Issues like you being patronizing exist as they do because, in a way, you are not equipped to understand why you are acting bad or irrational, unequipped for the response (and unequipped to avoid or extinguish it) and these are a matter of, if anything, your social and interpersonal blindness(es).

That's as far as I will look into it, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9459

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: my education was special Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Sam wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
For the last time, people with autism don't have empathy.


What the fuck? No. That's not true at all. Lacking the capacity for empathy sociopathy/antisocial personality disorder, not autism.

Who the fuck is telling you that people with autism don't have empathy? It's so wrong, it boggles the mind.

Oh you want data do you?

I got data.
Code:
Game Date   Conference   Road Team   Score   
   Home Team   Score   Status   Box Score   Recap   Commentary
National Collegiate Baseball Writers Poll
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    #24 Alabama    0    at    #1 Vanderbilt    3    Bottom 3    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 12:00 PM    *    #2 Virginia    7    at    #14 Georgia Tech    10    Bottom 8    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 1:00 PM    *    #4 Florida    1    at    Mississippi State    1    Bottom 6    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 4:00 PM    *    #5 Arizona State    
   at    #27 Oregon State    
   
   Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    #6 Texas A&M    6    at    Texas Tech    4    Top 3    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    #7 Oklahoma    2    at    Kansas State    0    Top 4    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    Baylor    2    at    #8 Texas    0    Top 4    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 1:00 PM    *    #10 North Carolina    7    at    #9 Florida State    2    Bottom 5    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    New Mexico    1    at    #11 TCU    2    Bottom 4    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 5:00 PM    *    #19 UC Irvine    
   at    #12 Cal State Fullerton    
   
   Live Stats   
   ESPNU
4/10/2011 4:00 PM    *    #13 Fresno State    
   at    San Jose State    
   
   Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    #15 LSU    0    at    #18 Arkansas    0    Bottom 3    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 4:00 PM    *    #16 Stanford    
   at    Southern California    
   
   Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 3:00 PM    *    #17 UCLA    
   at    Washington State    
   
   Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 1:30 PM    *    #20 California    2    at    #21 Arizona    7    Bottom 5    Live Stats   
   makeup of 4/9 game
4/10/2011 5:00 PM    *    #20 California    
   at    #21 Arizona    
   
   Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011    *    #22 Rice    3    at    East Carolina    7    FINAL    Box Score   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    #23 Southern Mississippi    0    at    Memphis    5    Top 4    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 1:00 PM    *    #25 Louisville    0    at    Cincinnati    4    Bottom 7    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 1:00 PM    *    Maryland    4    at    #26 Clemson    5    Bottom 5    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011    *    #28 Charlotte    11    at    St. Joseph's    0    FINAL    Box Score   
   
4/10/2011 2:30 PM    *    #28 Charlotte    2    at    St. Joseph's    0    Bottom 2    Live Stats   
   makeup of 4/8 game
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    Florida International    0    at    #29 Troy    2    Top 4    Live Stats   
   
4/10/2011 2:00 PM    *    Missouri    2    at    #30 Oklahoma State    2    Bottom 3    Live Stats   


ffffffffffuck

i .. i stand corrected
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9459

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: I'd even say you were likeable if you'd fuckin listen Reply with quote

Also ahem I have to say

Eiden wrote:
If you sit here and try to make sense of this sentence, while simultaneously reminding yourself that Thy thinks it makes perfect sense, you can hear the ocean.


This was funnier when I said it about Grandy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thy Brilliance



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3527
Location: Relative

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: one last thing Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Eiden wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Well, I'm probably not the guy that you should ask, but from my perspective, you are writing in a very flowery prose, almost jovial, and that just didn't mesh with the reality of the situation.


The reason you assume I would think it was silly is because I am writing "in a very flowery prose" and this doesn't "mesh with the reality of the situation"?

Let's put the fact that I am not writing in a very flowery prose off the table for now. What's important so far is that your response does not make sense as an answer to the question. Keep in mind I am asking this question to help me judge and understand your specific levels of difficulty in understanding conversational cues and the motives or interpretations of others. I am also not sending "mixed signals". I'm being extremely direct and not asking a difficult or compound question.

Do you think you could attempt again to answer the question? Have you got even a wild guess at what reason someone would have for finding that addendum silly or unnecessary?

If not, that's okay. I can move on to the next question.


If need be, I could come up with 5-10 possible reasons, although you would probably find most of them unlikely.

You are posing your question as a challenge which I find strange to say the least.


It is not very strange. I have announced unambiguously why I am doing it. I am straightforwardly inquiring into questions which I believe will help me judge and understand your specific levels of difficulty in understanding conversational cues and the motives or interpretations of others. You can note largely the exact same phrasing above.

What I've got so far does, lead me to conclude that for whatever reason (I'm not going to internet diagnose autism but I would be profoundly surprised if you did not actually have an ASD) you do realistically have a severe challenge in interpreting others or following conversational and argumentative processes, in a way which leads you to be completely off the wall in attempting to communicate or defend ideas. Issues like you being patronizing exist as they do because, in a way, you are not equipped to understand why you are acting bad or irrational, unequipped for the response (and unequipped to avoid or extinguish it) and these are a matter of, if anything, your social and interpersonal blindness(es).

That's as far as I will look into it, though.


Please do go on, don't be so mysterious.

Your words don't stand on their own you know.

Why don't you cite examples?

It seems like such a shame to stop there, out of the goodness of your heart, please do continue.

We wouldn't want to have a misunderstanding.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group