welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Football - American
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it hinnk you'll be fine once Portis is healthy, and you should definitely be starting Donte Stallworth EVERY week, now. he' the go-to guy for McNabb, who is turning back into a fantasy beast.

things are looking up for me for a couple of weeks with T.O.s broken finger and Terry Glenn as a starter for me. Very Happy

i only got 3 points out of Cadillac this weekend and am still going to win big in the league i have him in heh. i sure hope he gets back on track soon.
Amilam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weew, ecked out a 1 pnt victory. Neutral

Yeah, I'm really happy about grabbing Stallworth. Ironically I thought WR was going to be Achilles heal, but so far it's been more productive than RB. Come to think of it, outside of Dunn and LT a lot of the stud runners from last year have gotten off to slow starts. Well it can't last... right?
dr_destructo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pleasently surprised as to how well Dunn has, well.....done to start things off this year. As well as joseph adai. It won't be too much longer until he's Indy's #1 RB. looks like i might luck out at RB.

Location: Studying somewhere. Or at least that's where I should be.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nod* I picked up Addai too. Looks to be a pretty good sleeper.

BoySetsFire wrote:
the bears are WAY surprising on offense this year. grossman was a complete putz in preseason, but as they say, preseason doesn't mean shit. is they score 2 or three touchdowns a game, their defense will give them a chance to make a deep playoff run.

as it stands, i could see the bears go 12-4 pretty easily, especially considering the division they're in.

Before I bash the Bears, I do think I need to preface this by saying that, as of right now, I think the Bears may be the best overall team in the NFC. Philly looks good, but has defensive problems. I never trust the Giants. Seattle looks vunerable. John Fox should forfeit the remainder of Carolina's games after the decision against the Vikes.

However, who have the Bears played this year? Detroit and Green Bay. Detroit continues to show promise every year, and continues to fall flat on their collective asses. I don't know what the deal is with the Lions. I don't know how come they can't seem to put it together.

Green Bay sucks. 'Nuff said.

So, while the Bears have looked good so far this year, they really haven't played anybody yet. The real test will be against the Vikes this weekend. I'm not such a homer to say that the Bears are going to lose against the Vikes, but we did just get done beating two playoff teams from last year, including one that was one of the favorites to represent the NFC in the superbowl (Carolina). Granted, we received something of a gift from them with the botched lateral on a punt return late in the game and it still took a trick play to tie the game (Peppers is AWSOME.)

Speaking of that, I had Longwell on both of my fantasy teams. He accounted for all 16 points for the Vikes. HE THREW A FREAKIN' TOUCHDOWN PASS!!!! And that helped me to once again post the second highest scores in both of my leagues. Woot!

P: They don't know we know they know we know. And Joey, you can't say anything!

J: Couldn't if I wanted to.
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i know the bears haven't played anybody. but they get 2 games against each division opponent, and frankly the NFC North is a joke. the Vikes are turning things around, but they still have to be considered a work in progress.

like i said, with that defense and even just an average offense, they're poised to do really well.

that being said, i've got no horse in that race, except in fantasy ball. i've got their D on both my teams, and i'm trying to pick up TE Desmond Clark as a back-up for SHockey, in case his ankle is worse off than he's letting on.

I'm still pretty confident that my Bengals are going to make it to the Superbowl. if/when they win this game against the Steelers this sunday, they'll be 3-0, and have a 2 game lead in the division, with Pittsburgh the only real challenger. AND, the 2nd game against Pittsburgh will be in Cincy on the last sunday of the regular season.

once you get to the playoffs, it's a crapshoot anyway, so all you gotta do is win your division and you're set for a deep run.
Amilam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I feel pretty good going into this week. My RBs will hopefully start hitting their stride, my WR have been a pleasant surprise, and I think Kurt Warner is going to have one his typical big fantasy number games (has there ever been a QB so good at consistently putting up fantasy numbers that you would feel so uncomfortable with on your favorite team?).

The fact that I'm going up against the worst team in my fantasy league whose one stud (LT) is on bye I feel pretty good at being 2-1.

As a resident of Illinois in temporary hiatus let me just say that you learn to have a constant skepticism of the Bears. You never know when a phenomenal bout of stupid is going to jump up and bite you on the ass with this franchise. This is, after all, the coaching staff that let Steve Smith single-handedly beat them not once but twice. They pretty much gave both games away by refusing to double cover him. I'm convinced that if they make that remedial adjustment in the playoffs and they would have been in the Super Bowl (granted I wouldn't have liked their chances to actually win it).

At any rate I'll be really curious to see how they respond to their first true test. I still think Minnesota is one year away from being a major division leader threat, but they've consistently surprised me so far this year.

Iím still giddy at seeing Alex Smith begin to look like a real NFL caliber QB and Gore being an absolute stud so far. In a lot of ways they remind me of the Vikings in how they dumped talented but bad chemistry players (who have gone on to flounder with other teams *shock*) in favor of tough rookies who have really made a big impact earlier than expected. I have them finishing a gutsy 7-9 this year (pretty darn good considering most analysts had them competing with the Jets for the first overall pick) and setting themselves up as major division contenders next year. Of course if they want to stun Philly and push the shaky NFC West this year I wonít complain.
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i picked up these guys in league 1, to fill some gaps or cover injury concerns or byes later on.

TE Desmond Clark, Bears
WR Marques Colston, Saints
WR Kelley Washington, Bengals
K John Carney, Saints

i picked up Desmond Clark, Marques Colston, WR Jerricho Cotchery, Jets, and QB Alex Smith in league for mostly the same reasons. i have leinart on my bench in this league(both actually), but he's unlikely to start this year unles warner bombs or gets hurt, and i needed a sloiq QB to cover my Palmer bye and in case of an injury to him.

overall i really like my teams thus far. i've won big in 3 of 4 "games" so far, and i lost by 4 points in the 4th. and in all 4 i've had at least one guy not score anything and one score no more than 4, so once my guys start hitting on all predicted cylinders, i'm gonna be set. heh.
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a pretty good game today between the Bears and Vikes, but the good ol' Bears were able to pull it out. Though, they had me worried for a bit.

SUCK IT, AGS!
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
Was a pretty good game today between the Bears and Vikes, but the good ol' Bears were able to pull it out. Though, they had me worried for a bit.

SUCK IT, AGS!

BEARS (and Bengals!) FTW!
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoySetsFire wrote:
eureka00 wrote:

SUCK IT, AGS!

BEARS (and Bengals!) FTW!

Congrats to the Bengals for pwning the Steelers. Also, I caught the 2nd half of that Seahawk v Giant game. Damn the Giants got owned in that game. (even though the final score doesn't really show that)
Amilam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally get points from my running back! Huzzah! Anybody know what's up with Tampa's defense though? They just look terrible. Good thing I picked up the Chargers D off of the waver wires.

Westbrook killed my Niners... again, but I kind of expected that. If it wasn't for that bizarre TD return the game would have been a lot closer. Still, Smith played pretty damn well. Once we get a defense it'll be like the good old times again Very Happy

The Bengals just might be playing the best football in the league right now. They are the only playoff team from last year that looks stronger. Now that they have a surprising two game lead in the division despite their tough schedule they certainly are sitting pretty.

The Bears... well an ugly win still gives the control over their division and with their schedule you figure they can just about waltz into the playoffs, but perhaps we should hold off on the Grossman superstar annointment. Their D has been phenomenal, but that familiar ugly offense is worrying. I think what's worse, and nobody is talking about, is the Bears haven't even been able to be a smash mouth running team like last year.

You have to feel for Jaguar fans. Every year, two times a year, they contain the Colts offense and every year, two times a year, their offense completely lets them down.
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm glad the niners are going well, or are at least on the path the wellness. heh. i was a big niners fan when i was little(first NFL game i ever saw was the 55-10 drubbing the niners gave the broncos in '89), but i kind of got away from football fandom once steve young retired. he's my all0time favorite player. hell, when i go out to flag flag or tackle football, i still wear my #8 Young jersey. Smile

i hadn't really been into pro football for a few years until last season. i joined a money league last season and ended up with palmer late in the draft. so i started following the bengals games, and by thanksgiving, i was well on my way to being a die-hard fan again. heh.

viva le bengals!

anyway, i'm getting smoked in one league and MIGHT win on the other this week. having tomlinson on a bye killed me. heh. chad johnson getting shut down killed me in both leagues. palmer still had a decent fantasy game, with 19, but in one league, i was going up against a guy that got 31 one fuckign fantasy points out of john fucking kitna. jesus.

oh well.

i still think i have solid chance to win both leagues. heh.
Seraphine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just D&D with a different theme...
urthona

Location: everywhere and nowhere. It's a metaphysical thing. But usually seattle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
Congrats to the Bengals for pwning the Steelers. Also, I caught the 2nd half of that Seahawk v Giant game. Damn the Giants got owned in that game. (even though the final score doesn't really show that)

yeah, the hawks took the giants out back and gave em a good ole country ass whuppin. Twas a thing of beauty.

Can't wait for the game against the bears next week.
Amilam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah gambling got me hooked on the Cubs. My old asshole of a boss was a fanatical White Sox fan and offered my a dollar a game for the record difference between the Cubs and Sox. Thankfully that was the year the Cubs made the playoffs and I earned a few bucks, of course in true Cubs fashion the Bartman incident happened. Shouldnít new fans get a grace period before getting something like that dropped on them? Funny how money suckered us into following two perennial hard luck franchises. I hope your new fix turns out better than mine has so far Neutral

I do think if Smith can continue to grow the Niners will have one of the most explosive offenses in the league. They have potential superstars at every position with the exception of WR, but even their WR corp has been pretty solid thus far.

As much as Iíve been on the Bears, I like their chances against Seattle. The only Achilles heal of that defense is blazing speed which the Seahawks just donít have. I predict an ugly, ugly game with the Bears prevailing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: