welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marriage?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about getting married? (Not to me, just in general)
I am a happy, happy married person.
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
I am an unhappy married person.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
I would definitely like to get married someday to the right person.
34%
 34%  [ 26 ]
I could be married, but I can also see myself just living with someone or dating too.
30%
 30%  [ 23 ]
I don't really want to be married. Someone would have to be seriously tricky to get me to marry them.
11%
 11%  [ 9 ]
The "M" word! *FLEE*
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 76

Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer's name is Dogen. The one before this was Dogen. To be fair, though, half the parts of the new Dogen are from the old Dogen.

I actually took my forum name from my computer. I'm bad at coming up with names.
Xilonen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is Xilonen. of course you can't tell because the logo is on the door that covers the drive bays... which is missing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
Yay Seraphine!

Sorry Tom, while I want to have Bruce Campbell make sweet love to me as much as the next red blooded heterosexual male I've never seen Briscoe County.

Lenny Briscoe, my heart will go on.

Now you can, and should:

clicky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mini J

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
In order for me to get married I will need to find my knight in shining armor, and so far he hasn't shown up yet. Sad

I am definitely going to have to invest in some tin and a buffing machine, and have a quick chat with the queen...
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini J wrote:
trustedfaith wrote:
In order for me to get married I will need to find my knight in shining armor, and so far he hasn't shown up yet. Sad

I am definitely going to have to invest in some tin and a buffing machine, and have a quick chat with the queen...

Awww. Embarassed
Him

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Him wrote:
"The bourgeois (capitalist) sees in his wife a mere instrument of production. He hears that the means of production are to become common property, and naturally can only think that the lot of becoming common property will likewise fall to women.

He never suspects that the real point aimed at is to do away with three position of women as mere instruments of production.

For the rest, nothing is more ridiculous than the virtuous horror of our bourgeois at the community of women which he pretends will be officially established by the Communists.

The members of our bourgeoisie, not content with having the wives and daughters of their proletarians at their disposal, not to speak of common prostitutes, take special delight in mutually seducing each other's wives.

Bourgeois marriage is in reality community of wives. The Communists could at most be accused of wishing to replace a hypocritically concealed community of women by an official and open community of women. For the rest, it is evident that with the abolition of the present system of production will disappear also the community of women resulting from it, i. e., public prostitution." -K.M./F.E.

Communism and Anarchism are flawed ideologies, and your posts serve only to "educate" those who are too blind to see it.
Perfect down to the very last flaw. Communism is not an ideology but a practice, to agitate is a part of that practice. To say that communism is flawed as an ideology clearly shows you do not understand what communism is, communism is not static. But, hey perhaps you have a fundamentally different worldview, like say the transcendalist/religious approach, where God is at the center not man. even so, your critique does not seem very well founded or well well informed, but hey, what do I know I am "blind" apparently.
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys?

How did you get from marriage to communism?

Rosie Bee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you.
->
Let's get married.
->
For richer for poorer. What's mine is yours.
->
What's yours and mine is also everyone's, as private property has been abolished and we have common ownership of all goods and the means to make them.

Well that was easier than seven degrees of Kevin Bacon.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosie Bee wrote:
I love you.
->
Let's get married.
->
For richer for poorer. What's mine is yours.
->
What's yours and mine is also everyone's, as private property has been abolished and we have common ownership of all goods and the means to make them.

Well that was easier than seven degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Hehe, posts are always made funnier by the mention of Kevin Bacon.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you said you loved Kevin Bacon we could tell you to marry him... then we'd be back on topic! Any takers? One slightly used Kevin Bacon?
Desire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my baby and I'm naming my him Rhett and kevin bacon played a character named Rhett in footloose.
Him

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Guys?

How did you get from marriage to communism?
I present the marxist view on marriage. Monkey mcdermot goes "LOLCOMMUNISM IS STUPIDLOL!!1!11". Anyhow, marriage is not my thing.
Bart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Him wrote:
"The bourgeois (capitalist) sees in his wife a mere instrument of production. He hears that the means of production are to become common property, and naturally can only think that the lot of becoming common property will likewise fall to women.

He never suspects that the real point aimed at is to do away with three position of women as mere instruments of production.

For the rest, nothing is more ridiculous than the virtuous horror of our bourgeois at the community of women which he pretends will be officially established by the Communists.

The members of our bourgeoisie, not content with having the wives and daughters of their proletarians at their disposal, not to speak of common prostitutes, take special delight in mutually seducing each other's wives.

Bourgeois marriage is in reality community of wives. The Communists could at most be accused of wishing to replace a hypocritically concealed community of women by an official and open community of women. For the rest, it is evident that with the abolition of the present system of production will disappear also the community of women resulting from it, i. e., public prostitution." -K.M./F.E.

Communism and Anarchism are flawed ideologies, and your posts serve only to "educate" those who are too blind to see it.
Perfect down to the very last flaw. Communism is not an ideology but a practice, to agitate is a part of that practice. To say that communism is flawed as an ideology clearly shows you do not understand what communism is, communism is not static. But, hey perhaps you have a fundamentally different worldview, like say the transcendalist/religious approach, where God is at the center not man. even so, your critique does not seem very well founded or well well informed, but hey, what do I know I am "blind" apparently.

Communism is not static and yet you manage to quote Marx and English who both died 120 years ago.

On the topic of marriage, I'm not sure if I'll ever get married. I'd have to find a girl for that first, and just living together would be fine for me too.
Guccipiggy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clinging on to communism or any other ideological structures is not only just going back into the blind secularized progression of modernism but thinking that structuralism is enough to explain and describe the complexities of the contemporary world.

See, I can use long words too!
smeat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the happily married boat. It took me 5 1/2 years to make the decision but I am sure it was the right one.

I think that is the key to modern marriages, you can't just jump into them. You have to grow with your partner and find out if you are really compatable.

Anyway, yeah marriage is cool, just make sure you love 'em.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." †- Ray Mummert, creationist, Dover Pennsylvania, 2005
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: