Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marriage?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about getting married? (Not to me, just in general)
I am a happy, happy married person.
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
I am an unhappy married person.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
I would definitely like to get married someday to the right person.
34%
 34%  [ 26 ]
I could be married, but I can also see myself just living with someone or dating too.
30%
 30%  [ 23 ]
I don't really want to be married. Someone would have to be seriously tricky to get me to marry them.
11%
 11%  [ 9 ]
The "M" word! *FLEE*
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 76

jsimpleton

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smeat wrote:
I am in the happily married boat. It took me 5 1/2 years to make the decision but I am sure it was the right one.

I think that is the key to modern marriages, you can't just jump into them. You have to grow with your partner and find out if you are really compatable.

(just curious about how marriages work)

Do you think you would be equally happy if you weren't married but still together or do you think being married adds something to the relationship? If the later then can you put into words what marriage adds?
smeat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for other people, but for me marriage adds a bit of finality to the relationship. This is something that should be permanent, not fleeting like other relationships can be. I have an extremely strong desire to make sure that this works, I often didn't have that desire when I was just going out with someone. So on some level it does add something to the relationship.

Marriage also adds wedding gifts to the relationship. Wink J/K

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture."  - Ray Mummert, creationist, Dover Pennsylvania, 2005
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: