welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone using google+ ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind you're part of a closed beta, so it's bound to change... in fact a lot has changed since I signed up. The mobile app got a big refresh a week after I joined, streams changed a little, how notifications work changed. If you don't like something, use the feedback tab that floats in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Unless your feedback is, "Why is every post everyone makes a meta-post about google+?" because then the answer is, "you need cooler friends." Sad
sporko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:
sporko wrote:
i can't decide if i like this or not, but aside from michael's D+D, i think i'm leaning towards no right now.

I can understand that feeling. Personally, I like carrying on conversations with different groups of friends without overlap. The interests of my friends from my hometown and my friends from college seldom overlap. Plus I can more easily placate-while-avoiding my family.

i think the problem might be that only a few of my non-sinfest friends are on google+ and so right now it just kind of seems like a slow-moving version of the forum. the only people it suggests are people who are commonly circled among a lot of my circled friends, the bulk of whom are currently sinfesters...yeah. i don't think i'm getting the full effect of the advantage of the circles over a general stream.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise: basically google+ is just sinfesters and a UK-based gaming mailing list. So it's a concentrated festival of geekiness, which has basically cleansed my facebook feed of all the stuff I never understood anyway.
Snorri

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just integrated my facebook feed into google+ which of course since everybody just uses it for the same thing means it feels kinda pointless.

I mean, the thing is absolutely brilliant and full of potential but all the cool stuff are things that I don't see myself using.

The circles thing is really fucking brilliant but the problem is that when I say something on facebook or google+ it's always because I think it's sufficiently witty/funny/adorable that everyone should know it.

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread, and so many other conversations elsewhere, is exactly what google wants. I mean, that's what development cycles (i.e. the reason for "beta" tag on the Google+ moniker) are all about isn't it? Using a product then having conversations critically analyzing it, the developers sorting through comments and features based on these conversations being implemented into the product.
Also, [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_(development)]SCRUM[/url] FTW!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
The circles thing is really fucking brilliant but the problem is that when I say something on facebook or google+ it's always because I think it's sufficiently witty/funny/adorable that everyone should know it.

I don't know, I'd rather not have my (female) boss read my dead baby jokes.
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's Leena?
Mini J

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deep question, man, deep question. It touches on the deepest conundrums that have been driving philosophy for centuries, if not millenia; what is the nature of a person? Are they their name? Are they the sum of their actions? Are they, fundamentally, impossible to truly know, other than from an 'outside' perspective? Your question leads mostly to more questions.

But I think Kitten might know the answer. Ask her.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone mind tossing me an invite? peregrinedrake@yahoo.com
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ka-done
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank ya.

Though now that I'm actually contemplating trying to find everyone I have on facebook on google+... urgh.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mobile Google+ app still sucks. I hate having to click two or three times to get to where I can post. And going back to post again? Again I go to the main stream which somehow doesn't have the posting spot. Grr. On the comp it is pretty great though.

I will totally use the circles if my martial arts ever goes to google+ so I can separate it from my sinfest appropriate post. I already post more inappropriate detail to that account though I don't have it set up to where any martial arts person would ever find it. Maybe I'll change it sometime.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: