welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 year anniversary of 9/11
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: 10 year anniversary of 9/11 Reply with quote

Why am I posting this a week early? Don't want it to get lost.

That out of the way: WTF!?!?

There's all kinds of television specials, radio broadcasts, live events, documentaries, etc. because of a "milestone"? FFUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

Anyone who's still actually grieving and dealing with loss from 10 years ago should probably be under medical supervision, not seeking solace from a commercialized "remembrance" of a horrific tragedy.

Everyone else can go suck goat balls. This isn't the kind of thing that should be garnering this much of this kind of commercial attention. FUUUCCCK!

I stand by my sentiment I've made known previously here: "People have failed to learn anything from tragedy of 9/11 and we are all worse off for it."

Ask an Indie film maker what it means to have been an American Muslim before and after (it's less than 10 min, only 7:35 long btw)

http://vimeo.com/2875525

Last edited by Darqcyde on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck 9/11
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you feel that way you should really watch the video I posted, part of it is about how America's going to shit in general.

Last edited by Darqcyde on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So get up, get, get get down
9 1 1 is a joke in yo town
Get up, get, get, get down
Late 9 1 1 wears the late crown

Snorri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in these post-9 11 days I don't think you can get away with this kind of thing.

Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the Alamo

Remember Pearl Harbour

Remembar 9/11 *shrug*

we're stuck with it
Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember
walking in the sa and
remember
walking hand in hand
remember
the night was so exciting
remember
his smile was so inviting

Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if we weren't the largest nation of chickenshit cowards we wouldn't have to relive our tragedies over and over and over again like chewing on a mouthful of stale vomit after a night of binge drinking.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm edgy
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a familiar feeling.

I live in the country that even 16 years after the end of war...is still very much talking about it. It bothers me.

I often ask those people still hung up on the war, did people in 1960's still talk so much about wwii (a much larger event).

I know it maybe horrible to be annoyed by people who are hung up on a tragedy....but life's too short. Really.

I would put it in a video form, but my voice isn't as smooth as Ali Imram Zaidi's
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: 10 year anniversary of 9/11 Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
There's all kinds of television specials, radio broadcasts, live events, documentaries, etc. because of a "milestone"? FFUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

I don't understand ... it was a milestone ... the events of that day have affected everyone of us totally ... wars are still being fought due to the fall out of that day, world economics has undeniably been affected ... the simple act of getting on a bus, train or aeroplane has been affected. It was the most seismic event during my grown up life - the only other thing to match it during my life was the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Complaining that there are tv documentaries about is like complaining that there are tv documentaries about the second world war or something. It was a history changing event on an almost global scale.

Perhaps lessons haven't been learnt. But to be angry that there is discussion and coverage of the day ten years later is just weird.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so much that there are specials and movies, it's the lack of reverence.

Did you watch my video btw?
Don't tell me about how it's changed people's lives. I feel the effects of it everyday in countless ways, directly and indirectly.

I have every right to be pissed. Too many fucktards still only seek to "eliminate the muslim threat" in this country by treating a Islam as some sort of plague. I unfortunately live in a disproportionately under educated and willfully ignorant area which also happens to be a close hour and a half from ground zero. As such, the amount of motherfuckers around here who openly make remarks like "We should just nuke all the sand niggers, oil and all" is far, far too common.

Ya know what's really great? It's not just the fuckers that have "remember 9-1-1, never forget 9/11" bumper stickers and wear shirts, hats and jackets with american flags, or the gansta' fuckers in the baggy clothes and cheap gold, or the preppy fuckers in IZOD or Brooks Brothers, or the Jersey shore wannabes, or the little Bieber fanatics and their boy clones, the illegal Mexican or Venezuelan or Guatemalan Roofer, or the multi-pierced and tattooed juggaloes or even the unsuspecting "average" t-shirt and jeans fucker--it's people of all kinds. From my perspective 9/11's greatest effects on the US have all been negative, which you didn't dispute, and that's a fucking shame. The levels of willful ignorance in some places is simply mind-blowing.

Weren't there enough victims ten years ago? I don't think more people should have to suffer.

I was walking the dog with my wife yesterday and she stopped to let some neighbor kids pet the dog. My son played t-ball with a couple of the kids last year. One of the kids little brothers asked me if I was a terrorist. His mom heard, came over and apologized, all red faced and embarrassed. His mom said he meant to ask if I was Middle Eastern. A few days before that I had sold my old car to the same kids uncle and his father was there. WE got to talking and they mentioned about seeing family back home in Puerto Rico soon and I mentioned that I was part Dominican. The kids' dad responded by saying "Oh really? Damn man, I always thought you were like an Arab (said AY-rabb) terrorist or something." Then laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world. I've had almost that same conversation so many times it practically makes me sick even thinking about it.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You. Are. A. Fucking. Crazy. Person. Sometimes.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the tenth anniversary of the September 11th attacks occasioned thoughtful and thorough national reflection and debate about the kind of country we've become since then and what kind of world we have now, ten years later, i would not be of the "fuck 9/11" opinion

but it won't

so fuck 9/11
Yorick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
if the tenth anniversary of the September 11th attacks occasioned thoughtful and thorough national reflection and debate about the kind of country we've become since then and what kind of world we have now, ten years later, i would not be of the "fuck 9/11" opinion

but it won't

so fuck 9/11

in the ass with a big rubber dildo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: