Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is why Sony will sell me a PS3.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snorri

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmccloud wrote:

Snorri wrote:
True. Since they're not identical, they can't be compared.

Except, oh yeah SONY and MICROSOFT have been comparing themselves to each other since day one. Oh, I forgot there is also Every Console Gaming Magazine Ever Printed. But other than that, sure you are absolutely correct.

I have spent 25 years designing software for a living, I can tell when an interface is elegant or clunky. Sure, the PS2 came out with a LOT of improvements after the Xbox was released (smaller, lighter), and long after I bought mine of course, but until the Xbox showed them up, they had no market driven reason to improve their machines for years.

Just because people compare them doesn't mean it is possible. I can have a great time comparing apples to oranges, but any sane person would say they are immposible to compare.

You can only look at which games appear on the console, since the hardware doesn't play a great role in most peoples choice.
It's the games, and both systems play different games (all inferior to Nintendo ofcourse) so your personal taste chooses which system you buy.

If all games were identical, I would totally agree with you. But since theyre not, comparing them is useless.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: