welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you do if you're being chased in traffic?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
astrocitizen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: What do you do if you're being chased in traffic? Reply with quote

What do you do if you're on the road, and someone in a car, or a truck, or a motorcycle is chasing you?

My electric co. is located right across from a police station, and when I stopped off today to drop off my payment, I got stuck -- as usual -- behind someone who decided _then_ to balance his checkbook while he was at it. I'm looking around until this guy finally leaves, and I just happen to catch a car with a biker driving right next to it, like right on top of the center line, with the guy's head obviosuly turned towards the car. The car suddenly zips off to the right into the police station parking lot, and the biker stops at mouth of another street on the right just a hundred feet away. The biker then turned around, stopped there for a minute or so -- again, his head turned towards where the car is -- then took a left back out onto the street, driving past the police station, and again obviosuly glaring at the car. I was kinda worried about being sucked into something that was none of my business, or becoming a witness to something I _didn't _ want to see, so I went back to trying to get my bill paid and on my way.

Afterwards, it occurred to me what the survivalist handbook says when you're being chased on the road? Sadly, every search I do on Goggle, Bing, Yahoo, what have you just returns articles on why dogs chase cars and "How to make him chase you" romance advice. Thanks to "King of the Hill", I know trying to make it through intersections before the light changes doesn't work*, so does anyone know of any solid advice in this area?

"I'm not one of those idiots who takes what he sees on TV or movies, and applies it in real life! These days, they're always the third or fourth guy to get killed..."
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm being chased in traffic I DRIVE MY JEEP OFF OF A BRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many years ago I was driving home -- which at the time meant a long mountain road -- and some one behind starts flicking his lights at me. I think he means he wants to go around, which was annoying 'cos I'm doing 60 on a 45, so I pull over ... and then s/he pulls over. Not being stupid, I locked my doors. After a minute, they pull out and drive off. I've no idea what it was all about, and this was at 10 pm so I don't even know what color the car was or anything.

I saw on TV some years after that, on some news magazine show, a bit about road rage -- Car A passed Car B, Car B passed car A, back and forth for 20 some miles, finally car A pulls over ... then Car B pulls in behind and the B driver shoots the occupants of Car A with a crossbow (1 dead, 3 wounded). B driver 30 years to life, no remorse, had it coming, etc.
Soooo, I'm thinking if someone's in another car and pissed at you, shake 'em as quick as possible and don't antagonize.
I also figure competing while driving is a pointless exercise with no victors and no rewards.

The other solution would be to stop short and make them crash into you. Because the only space around a vehicle you can actually control is that directly in front, so if they rear-end you in traffic it's generally their fault in the eyes of the law. (but not always)
Bart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Call police on a cellphone if possible
2) Pull over at a busy location
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart wrote:

Best advice.

It might be everyday occurrence on television and in novels, but in real life, you're quick to realize you're not the Batman, you're not wearing body armor, and you don't have a grappling hook on your belt.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd Dragonstorm on turn 3 for 47, but thats just me.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had the money, I'd start my own road rally team, with me as the driver.

A person "chasing" me would be an excellent excuse for me to drive full out balls to the wall bat shit loco. Life is good when you have more reasons for left foot breaking. Very Happy

I don't drive my car, I make it dance. Twisted Evil

Also car vs. bike = car wins.
Then again bikers tend to have friends so who knows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collect a banana, throw a banana skin.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astro, you should definitely put your electric bill on direct debit.

Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, I work for a bank: don't do anything by Direct Debit. It is teh worst. Use a paybill or standing order system.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
It might be everyday occurrence on television and in novels, but in real life, you're quick to realize you're not the Batman, you're not wearing body armor, and you don't have a grappling hook on your belt.

Speak for yourself.
astrocitizen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
If I had the money, I'd start my own road rally team, with me as the driver.

A person "chasing" me would be an excellent excuse for me to drive full out balls to the wall bat shit loco. Life is good when you have more reasons for left foot breaking. Very Happy

I don't drive my car, I make it dance. Twisted Evil

Also car vs. bike = car wins.
Then again bikers tend to have friends so who knows.

Thank you, that was utterly useless for the situation.

"I'm not one of those idiots who takes what he sees on TV or movies, and applies it in real life! These days, they're always the third or fourth guy to get killed..."
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha, darqcyde can't even help people with STUPID questions.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Bart wrote:

Best advice.

Definitely.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you have to figure out if they are following you or if you are just paranoid. An inconspicuous circle should do, don't make it obvious though.

I was riving down a long and lonesome road (as most are at 3 am) and this car pulls up next to me. No matter how fast I went this car was next to me. I sped up, there it was. I slowed down, it was there. Their windows were tinted so I couldn't see who or how many were in the car.

Then my gas light came on. I had to pull over into a gas station, I was honestly fairly worried. I unlatched my police baton and pulled off. Thankfully they didn't follow and flashed their high beams.

Apparently, someone told me, that's a common thing. Some people just like driving with someone rather then alone/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: