welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Football - American
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmccloud

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. Fantasy football - D&D for Jocks.
Amilam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. I can't believe what I'm about to do, but I'm starting Culpepper for my QB. I'm worried about Warner's protection and the short leash he's on. I'm also worried about Brady since his WR corp is not only severely lacking in talent, but almost all of their WRs are walking wounded. Culpepper is facing a Houston defense that helped Brunell get healthy and damnit he has the weapons to take advantage of that atrocious pass defense right?

It feels like I've talked myself into a world of hurt
Mizike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that I've always hated Daunte Culpepper and not simply because he used to play for the much-loathed Vikings. I've always thought he was a talentless hack who simply threw the ball as far and high as he could and asked his receiver (Moss) to do all of the work. But yeah, go with Brady before it's too late.
Amilam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:
Keep in mind that I've always hated Daunte Culpepper and not simply because he used to play for the much-loathed Vikings. I've always thought he was a talentless hack who simply threw the ball as far and high as he could and asked his receiver (Moss) to do all of the work. But yeah, go with Brady before it's too late.

Sigh, I should have listened. Unbelievable how bad Culpepper is. Well at least Brady only a marginally better game point wise. Guess it's time to see if I can pick up another QB. I'm still in contention in my fantasy game. I'm down by 2 and I have Stallworth yet to play. My opponent has the Phillie D. Come on shoot out!

So...

Ravens shocked the Chargers

Saints stumbled against the Panthers

Bears thumped the Seahawks

And the Patriots whipped the Bengals

(and my Niners were absolutely throttled, but we'll just brush over that).

You just can never figure out the NFL. I'd have to say the game that stunned me the most was the Ravens beating the Chargers coming off of a bye. A lot of that responsibility has to be placed on the coaching staff. Still, the Ravens keep digging out ugly wins. I still think McNair looks terrible, I mean some of his passes are painfully innacurrate, but maybe this has shades of Dilfer afterall.
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantasy league-wise, the Bengals loss didn't hurt me much. i got enough out of Chad Johnson and T.J. Whoseyourmamma to offset Palmer's fumbles and no TDs. AND, I had Laurence Maroney starting in both leagues. Smile

i won by 30 in league 2. league one is still up in the air, but i think i'll still pull out the win.

i'm up by 68 in league 1, but my opponent has Ahman Green, Brian Westbrook and Donte Stallworth still to go tonight, and I've only got Correll Buckhalter. I had to start Buckhalter because my other two running backs, Brandon Jacobs and The Cadillac, are both on byes. heh. but i'm confident that those three guys won't combine for 69+whatever little that Buckhalter gets.

i wouldn't be sad if Westbrook's knee acts up though and Buckhalter gets the lion's share of the carries, though. Very Happy

my only bonehead move this week was to not start Marques Colston. heh. he went for 34 fantasy points, and i had him in both leagues. i probably should have started him in stead of chad johnson, but oh well. if i lose this week in league 1, that's why. heh. but i have colston in both leagues, so i'll have him for the rest of the year.

my dilemma is this: for week 5, i have a bunch of Bengals on a bye. heh. so, at receiver, i've got plenty of depth, BUT, i've got limited choices at QB . in leage 1, i've got Palmer on a bye and Jay Cutler and Matt Leinart on the bench. i'm trying to drop Cutler(only taken for Keeper potential) to add Damon Huard of K.C., because Huard is the only starter for week 5 that is still available in my league, where there hasn't been in a trade in like 4 years, i think.

so, if i don't end up with Huard, i'm pinning my hopes on Leinart, who looked bad in his spot of time, but at least he was named the starter for week 5, so i do have a fall-back plan in case i don't get Huard.

in league 2, i've got Palmer, Chad Johnson and T.J. Whoseyourmamma on the bye, with only Leinart and Alex Smith on the bench at QB. i've got Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery and Marques Colston to fill in at receiver, so i'm set there.

the problem is, do i roll with Leinart and hope for the best against K.C., whose defense looked good this week, or do i start Alex Smith, who looked bad against K.C. but may have a big game against a terrible Oakland team?

i'm inclined to go with Smith. heh.

either way, i still have the best team in each of my divisions, so a loss in week 5 won't hurt all that much. heh.
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Bears! The Bears made the Seahawks look about as good as Green Bay and Detroit.
urthona

Location: everywhere and nowhere. It's a metaphysical thing. But usually seattle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hawks and bears will play again this year. Probably in Chi town. Can't wait for that game.
Amilam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think you can beat that Bear's D without a true number 1 receiver, but yeah a rematch seems likely and should be much more competitive with Alexander back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: