welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011-11-01: Haircut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Laziest_Libtech

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been down this path before, Monique Razz Did it make you happy then?

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3210

Well... maybe it did. Haha.

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3211

Oddly enough, the next time we saw her, she was back to her ol' self.

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3231

So I wonder how this will turn out. Smile
DarkMyste

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Just gonna mention real quick I'm finding that hairstyle extremely hot on her, just for the record. Before I just thought she was adorable but DANG.

DANG. WHAT A HOTTIE.

i find it good too, but we all in n's doing people will say something different in the comic
Gregolama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Gregolama wrote:
The next step in the radical revolution, something totally unheard of: Nique is going to burn her bra.

Ugh.

OH WOW Gregolama is being negative about the comic! Durhurhurhurhur I never would have guessed.

Do you get some sort of measurable perks for policing the forums against any criticism towards the comic?

Or are you just a natural suck up?

This "leave Britney alone!" stupidity got old before it even started.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already told you - it's not because you're criticizing the comic itself. They don't care if you do or if you don't. It's because you're obnoxious and unreasonable about it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Laziest_Libtech wrote:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3231

Off-topic, looking at the strip of the day preceding that one

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3230

I found myself, not sure why, wondering if maybe that snoozing Cerberus head stayed asleep throughout Slick's entire maiming. I mean, I doubt it took very long...
Him

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it begins.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregolama wrote:

Do you get some sort of measurable perks for policing the forums against any criticism towards the comic?

If you have any actual criticism, please share. Otherwise stop whining about it just because you don't like the subject.

And might I note that today's comic doesn't really have anything to do with feminism*? While I rather dislike much of the modern feminist movement, I'm all for the breakdown of society's established gender roles.

Androgyny for everyone! Wink

*I'm assuming that this is what you are complaining about. If not, I'm sure you'll correct me. But see, the thing that you hate and the thing that this comic is currently dealing with are two different things.
Cletus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss hip-hop poetess It-Girl. She was so cool.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtf wrote:

The idea that changing your hairstyle would change you is the exact opposite of what feminism is about.

this is kind of how i feel. she reacts to the knowledge that she is responding to molding by the patriarchy by becoming...a man? to me, feminism is being powerful as a woman, without having change into anything else. if you want to reject the molding of the patriarchy, then give up the pantyhose and high heels and obsessive fear of not looking perfect, because those are things you do to conform to the desires of others, not for yourself. inspire respect, not lust.

....and in any event, as this thread shows, the new 'do seems to be inspiring lust. so yeah, not yet escaping the patriarchy.
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cletus wrote:
I miss hip-hop poetess It-Girl. She was so cool.

Tat might want to consider collecting all the poem strips (in contrast to entire years worth of strips at a time) in a reasonably priced paperback. There haven't been any poem strips in years and there may never be any again, so why not?
Gregolama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
If you have any actual criticism, please share. Otherwise stop whining about it just because you don't like the subject

this is supposed to be a comic but it isnt funny. again.

as for the specific subject matter of gender inequality, what does hair length have to do with anything? how does that right the wrongs of gender equality? if the 'evil' Tat is aiming at here is expectations of beauty for women, he might consider stopping his tendancy to draw women fitting into the stereotypical notion of beauty. its a little like cosmo telling women to empower themselves but they have an airbrushed picture of a size zero supermodel on the cover.
Rune

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
xtf wrote:

The idea that changing your hairstyle would change you is the exact opposite of what feminism is about.

this is kind of how i feel. she reacts to the knowledge that she is responding to molding by the patriarchy by becoming...a man? to me, feminism is being powerful as a woman, without having change into anything else. if you want to reject the molding of the patriarchy, then give up the pantyhose and high heels and obsessive fear of not looking perfect, because those are things you do to conform to the desires of others, not for yourself. inspire respect, not lust.

....and in any event, as this thread shows, the new 'do seems to be inspiring lust. so yeah, not yet escaping the patriarchy.

I'm mostly on board with this, but do want to point out that short hair is not necessarily mannish, nor is long necessarily feminine. I mean, you know, Vikings.

I also think that 'Nique is specifically reacting to her newfound guilt of being a "colluder" rather than striking a blow at the Patriarchy itself. She has benefited a lot from playing to traditionally patriarchal notions of female desirability. That's pretty realistic, some women do. As an individual with the "right assets," there is a lot to be gained from doing so -- relative to not doing so -- if you are operating within a prevalent system. Now, thanks to her pill trip, 'Nique is feeling guilty for doing so. The haircut is kind of a symbolic restitution, apology, turning away from all that. Ridding herself of, as she's feeling currently, an ill-used "feminine asset," without getting extreme. You know, like tossing the shoes. Wink

Yet.

Laughing
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregolama wrote:

this is supposed to be a comic but it isnt funny.

Dafuq? Comics don't have to be funny.

Yes, usually the four-panel format is used for setup, development, and punchline, but it doesn't have to be, and that aside you're disregarding like 90% of the industry. Spiderman doesn't have a punchline on every page (actually, I haven't read Spiderman, so I don't know, but I'm assuming it doesn't).
Gregolama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a big world out there. Not everyone is going to be infatuated with exactly the aame things you are. you should check it out sometime.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derp.

Excuse me, I have some Justin Beiber fans to troll. Oh wait, no I don't.

It's OK to not like things, brah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: