welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20 Nov 2011 - Shift 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterMorality

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now shit gets interesting.
Bollocks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue just wants things the way they were.

Like how they used to be.

A time when she was happy.
(or as 'happy' as you can describe a devil girl)
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB Cooper wrote:
Wowó just. . . wow.

This, basically.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
So, anyone want to pick a musical score for this strip?

I was kind of hoping today's strip would advance the plot a little further or at least provide new info.

Like a rare soft moment from Blue?

Like, perhaps, the background for whatever Blue is going to do next?
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panel three is probably the saddest moment Blue's ever gotten - until the end of the strip. ("Poif, poif, I miss my friend.") We don't see the non-professional side of Blue very often.

It leaves me wanting to climb through the screen and give Blue a hug.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she hurried (and if Devil Girls actually can teleport, "hurrying" can be pretty much taken for granted), Blue might still catch up to Fuchsia, still resolutely walking to wherever the heck she's going.
Wingcap

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bollocks wrote:
Blue just wants things the way they were.

Like how they used to be.

A time when she was happy.
(or as 'happy' as you can describe a devil girl)

I have been saying this for a long time. And I shall continue to. I find it sad that they are drifting apart.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
I'm not sure if I want the upcoming week to continue focusing on Blue, shift back to Fuchsia, or wrap up things with Pebbles and Li'l E and Seymour. I won't be surprised if it's None Of The Above.

Upon reflection, I realized that tomorrow, as a Monday, has a good chance of being a Squig strip, since that's what the last four Monday strips have been. Maybe he'll wander into the airspace of a subplot and get involved. Perhaps he'll crash in Crim's tree, or find Fuchsia waiting for the bus, or give Pebbles her first joint...

===

Off-topic (or on-topic, whichever), how is Blue going to break the news of Fuchsia's departure to Forky? Maybe Forky will track Fuchsia down for Blue.

Last edited by Ronald on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindslicer wrote:
/gregowhatever

Gregolama. As in "Rama Lama Ding Dong."

That's not an insult, it's just the first example of "lama" that occurred to me.
Gregolama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the patriarchy strips have been duds, mostly because they're too busy trying to preach some sermon about the patriarchy that they don't actually tell much of a story and aren't funny.

But *this* was fricken awesome, mostly because it dropped the preaching and focused on the characters and story. Blue is sad because Fyush left her and she stayed. She can't stay sad for long, so she gets mad and starts destroying Fyush's stuff. Then she finds the gift from Fyush saying "thanks for being a friend" and she cannot maintain her anger and is forced to confront her sadness of losing her friend.

Great, great story telling. Great, great emotional development of the characters.

And not a single syllable wasted preaching about the fricken patriarchy.

More this.
Cactuar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregolama wrote:
Most of the patriarchy strips have been duds, mostly because they're too busy trying to preach some sermon about the patriarchy that they don't actually tell much of a story and aren't funny.

But *this* was fricken awesome, mostly because it dropped the preaching and focused on the characters and story. Blue is sad because Fyush left her and she stayed. She can't stay sad for long, so she gets mad and starts destroying Fyush's stuff. Then she finds the gift from Fyush saying "thanks for being a friend" and she cannot maintain her anger and is forced to confront her sadness of losing her friend.

Great, great story telling. Great, great emotional development of the characters.

And not a single syllable wasted preaching about the fricken patriarchy.

More this.

But it's not funny. Comics are supposed to be funny!

I mean, I've been reading this comic daily for more than a year now and love it and always get a good laugh... Until this whole patriarchy thread started. Just, augh, this is supposed to be a comic but it isnt funny. again. My opinion is, of course, based on an objective assessment of the quality and lack of humor and not on any arbitrary dislike for a particular worldview.

...Ahem. This was a great comic, though. I'm seriously moved by this. Poor Blue. Go after her!
Gregolama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man, if crim and blue hook up, crim has some serious growing up to do:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=950

he's a prude and as far as that thread goes he is completely cluelesss about women.
xtf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Mindslicer wrote:
/gregowhatever

Gregolama. As in "Rama Lama Ding Dong."

That's not an insult, it's just the first example of "lama" that occurred to me.

You clearly haven't listened to the Llama Song
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he's a prude and as far as that thread goes he is completely cluelesss about women.

He's had more luck with women than any other mortal male in Sinfest. Think on that.
Gregolama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyvern wrote:
Quote:

He's had more luck with women than any other mortal male in Sinfest. Think on that.

But that only begs the question: Then where is the "patriarchy" we keep getting beaten into our heads? Crim???

Mostly, the only observable phenomenon on teh strip that is a result of the patriarchy shows up as female characters like Monique strutting around in bikinis sexing the sexy. Where does that come from? Tat himself.

Then suddenly he declares "the Patriarchy is terrible", and Monique starts wearing unsexy clothing. Well, who put her in a bikini in the first place? It's hard to read these strips without becoming painfully aware that the author is essentially criticizing his own behavior.

It would be like an author comes out with a book that has nothing but straight, white, male characters, and then just before the big finale, the narrator suddenly declares "Gosh, what a mono culture" and suddenly introduce minorities of various kinds. Its not that the world was mono-culture, its that's the way the author portrayed it until he realized what he was doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: